PDA

View Full Version : Hondata programmable not for us?

gotmean03
02-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Just reading the Hondata site and it says initially only for US Type S Rsx. Any one hear anything different? Is this just a misprint?

trk
02-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by gotmean03
Just reading the Hondata site and it says initially only for US Type S Rsx. Any one hear anything different? Is this just a misprint?
This is true. I talked to doug. the eps one is coming later.... :'(

00-ITR-373
02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Why why why? Oh well, at least the EP3 gets one. That's good.

trk
02-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 00-ITR-373
Why why why? Oh well, at least the EP3 gets one. That's good.

RSX=bigger market
EP3=not tuned yet

... From what I gathered.

myeverlovinsir
02-20-2004, 11:00 PM
The programmable unit will work with the A3 setup. The base map would be the hondata tune most of us already have. Same deal for the RSX crowd. They have 4 Hondata programs available to them. No big surprise that it comes second to the A2. You will have the same control either way. Tune at will. The RSX programmable release just means that the base maps are built for that platform. But that does not mean you can't still tune with it no matter what your setup, incuding the A3. Expect it to be released closely after the RSX pro, and if you can't wait, then I would just ask for the current A3 hondata ECU tune with this release as a starting point.

The problem is that you will have a hard time developing more power than what the standard A3 Hondata tune comprises of. It will be interesting to see what transpires. If you plan to boost or have a unique setup that would require tuning, (hybrid) then I would opt for the programmable ECU on the A3... Otherwise be happy with the A3 Hondata tune that is out there now. There are some advantages to having the pro on the A3, such as sensor/emissions control and I'm sure some will get it just for the expandability and potential of it.:D

trk
02-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
The programmable unit will work with the A3 setup. The base map would be the hondata tune most of us already have. Same deal for the RSX crowd. They have 4 Hondata programs available to them. No big surprise that it comes second to the A2. You will have the same control either way. Tune at will. The RSX programmable release just means that the base maps are built for that platform. But that does not mean you can't still tune with it no matter what your setup, incuding the A3. Expect it to be released closely after the RSX pro, and if you can't wait, then I would just ask for the current A3 hondata ECU tune with this release as a starting point.

The problem is that you will have a hard time developing more power than what the standard A3 Hondata tune comprises of. It will be interesting to see what transpires. If you plan to boost or have a unique setup that would require tuning, (hybrid) then I would opt for the programmable ECU on the A3... Otherwise be happy with the A3 Hondata tune that is out there now. There are some advantages to having the pro on the A3, such as sensor/emissions control and I'm sure some will get it just for the expandability and potential of it.:D

Well... Thats not completely true.

The old flash in its current form is NOT useable on the NEW programmable system, they have developed there "own way" to tune/flash it where as the current flash is done the "honda way". Doug said they have to re-tune and make a new map for the a3 for the programmable system. It will NOT be included with the a2 programmable.

But yes your right, you could buy the a2 programmable (March 1st) and de-tune it for the ep3, BUT the map is NOT included. De-tuning it would require a dyno for the a/f stuff... then you would change the injector sizes in the programmable and the vtec point and the redline.

Payntech
02-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by trk
Well... Thats not completely true.

The old flash in its current form is NOT useable on the NEW programmable system, they have developed there "own way" to tune/flash it where as the current flash is done the "honda way". Doug said they have to re-tune and make a new map for the a3 for the programmable system. It will NOT be included with the a2 programmable.

But yes your right, you could buy the a2 programmable (March 1st) and de-tune it for the ep3, BUT the map is NOT included. De-tuning it would require a dyno for the a/f stuff... then you would change the injector sizes in the programmable and the vtec point and the redline.

Ditto...

The lowest you can engage the VTEC solenoid in the Type-S program is 3,000rpm. I should have one in my hands next week. I am going to run it on my EP3 (Stock) and a customers Revhard turbo EP3. I will keep you updated. I forsee many late nights on the dyno. ;)

trk
02-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Payntech
Ditto...

The lowest you can engage the VTEC solenoid in the Type-S program is 3,000rpm. I should have one in my hands next week. I am going to run it on my EP3 (Stock) and a customers Revhard turbo EP3. I will keep you updated. I forsee many late nights on the dyno. ;)

Im gonna hold out and wait for the a3 specific programmable... then get the JRSC and self-tune it ... no JR power management card for me, fuck splicing that shit in. It just means I have to wait longer, but thats fine, I want another autoX season in STS (no turbo/sc/nos/etc).

Hondata
02-23-2004, 10:35 AM
We will have a programmable ECU for the EP3 K20A3 available around late April. You'd be best to wait until then.

trk
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Hondata
We will have a programmable ECU for the EP3 K20A3 available around late April. You'd be best to wait until then.

Great. Thanks for the update!

My 2003 Si
02-25-2004, 10:53 AM
what is a HONDATA??

Payntech
02-25-2004, 11:17 AM
http://www.hondata.com (http://www.hondata.com )

DavidT
02-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Hondata

Sweet. Damn, more money I'm going to be forced to waste on the EP :D

andy
02-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
Sweet. Damn, more money I'm going to be forced to waste on the EP :D

Tell me about it. Hondata programmable and cheap dry N20 kit = sweetness.

File->Load->N20.map->13 second surprise for another car.

File->Load->Daily.map->Strap on the 20s and go cruisin. ;)
Can't wait for this thing.