PDA

View Full Version : Tirerack.com!!!! Aahhh

IIx 03 EP xII
02-20-2004, 04:00 PM
i went to auto obsessions (the local place) to get my springs/konis/rear sway/rims installed. i dropped it off at 12, and came back around 1 30 to hang out with the guys that work there and to see how it was going. one of the mechanics comes out around 2 and is holding my cut strut housing, cuz of the inserts ya know. well he explains to me how it is the wrong part number and the strut is too big cuz it is the same size as the strut. i have an 03... and when i went to order them, i didnt think about checking the part number or anything, since i typed in tirerack.com that i had an 03, so the part number should be correct right?! well, the site didnt even have a part number on it, so i ordered them, and have been waitin weeks to get them installed. so i had to call back tirerack.com and argue with them til they would overnight the CORRECT parts to the shop so i could get my car up and running strong again. tirerack.com is just one big computer and a few girls to answer customer service. they dont understand about people's cars and how honda changes i guess. i was on hold for about 20 minutes all together just trying to get the parts right, which was THEIR fault.

chubbychu
02-20-2004, 05:01 PM
at least they fixed everything rihgt?

zum_zum
02-20-2004, 09:31 PM
so, you ordered the struts without checking the part numbers, since, you know, it's too difficult to call them (toll free) to confirm the information. then you sat on them for weeks waiting to get them installed, still without checking the mumbers, and when you found out they were the wrong ones, it is still all their fault?

good reasoning.

i can understand the gripe of getting the wrong part, but this is a known point of confusion with the konis and the ep3s. i think the fact that they overnighted the correct struts speaks volumes for their customer loyalty. a lot of companies would have left you twisting in the wind.

consider how many makes and models there are over the years, then consider the mid-year changes on these models and makes, and apply that to your car. too bad you had a bad experience, i guess if you had waited the 20 minutes to place the order over the phone at the beginning it could have saved some aggravation.

SiRman
02-20-2004, 09:38 PM
so, you ordered the struts without checking the part numbers, since, you know, it's too difficult to call them (toll free) to confirm the information. then you sat on them for weeks waiting to get them installed, still without checking the mumbers, and when you found out they were the wrong ones, it is still all their fault?
Agreed. Reminds me of the saying "Poor planing on your behalf does not constitute a emergency on our behalf"

At least they sorted you out in a timely manner.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-20-2004, 10:32 PM
nah, why would i check the part number? when i typed in MY YEAR? yall can say what you want. and it wasnt just like calling them up 'hey man, yall sent me the wrong part cuz im an idiot' (tirerack.com customer service girl:) 'ok sir, we will ship you the parts tomorrow free of charge'... it was more like this 'yall sent me the wrong parts'... 'ok, please hold' (ten minutes later) 'tirerack, how may i direct your call'... ten minutes again on hold... 'ok let me check'.... hold again... 'you will have to pay for the new parts, and as soon as we get the other part back, we will credit you the money back... it will be a week'...

well i dont feel like typing the rest just yall can be like 'its your fault dude, your an idiot, blah blah blah' everybody in the shop agreed with me, so yall can believe what yall want about my situation, i took care of it, thats it... so shut up

zum_zum
02-21-2004, 06:07 AM
yep, passing the buck...thanks for proving the point.:*

Low Rider
02-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by zum_zum

good reasoning.

i can understand the gripe of getting the wrong part, but this is a known point of confusion with the konis and the ep3s. i think the fact that they overnighted the correct struts speaks volumes for their customer loyalty. a lot of companies would have left you twisting in the wind.

consider how many makes and models there are over the years, then consider the mid-year changes on these models and makes, and apply that to your car. too bad you had a bad experience, i guess if you had waited the 20 minutes to place the order over the phone at the beginning it could have saved some aggravation.

It's always good to do your homework and due diligance but, and this is important in my opinion, a so-called professional organization should make every effort to make any purchase as seamless as possible. If you are in business you should make pretty damn sure that your clients are well taken care of!:D

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 09:32 AM
the thing is, i did do the research and everything, trust me, i spent hours and hours making sure i got what i wanted, and the right stuff. the ONLY thing i didnt do was check the part number on the front struts for some reason. i checked the part number of the rears, but not the fronts... STRANGE. but i will say, after a lil arguements, i did get what i wanted.

PCPPharm.D
02-22-2004, 06:50 AM
i am in process of buying koni's i read in this ephatch thread
that front koni comes in 50 and 55mm... my ep was build in
6 or 7 of 2002 so does it mean that i need to buy 50mm?
and the rear is same for all model year?
what are the part number for my can thanks?

Low Rider
02-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
the thing is, i did do the research and everything, trust me, i spent hours and hours making sure i got what i wanted, and the right stuff. the ONLY thing i didnt do was check the part number on the front struts for some reason. i checked the part number of the rears, but not the fronts... STRANGE. but i will say, after a lil arguements, i did get what i wanted.

They should have made more of an effort to make sure you had the right parts. That said, you know how the expression goes, "if you want something done right you've got to do it yourself"!!!;)

IIx 03 EP xII
02-22-2004, 11:31 AM
thanks for agreeing with me... and to PCPPharm.D... im not sure... the koni's i got were the same size as my strut housings... so im guessing they were the 55mm ones, and i needed the 50mm since my strut housing is 55mm.

02SilverSiHB
02-22-2004, 11:47 AM
i went to auto obsessions (the local place) to get my springs/konis/rear sway/rims installed. i dropped it off at 12, and came back around 1 30 to hang out with the guys that work there and to see how it was going. one of the mechanics comes out around 2 and is holding my cut strut housing, cuz of the inserts ya know. well he explains to me how it is the wrong part number and the strut is too big cuz it is the same size as the strut. i have an 03... and when i went to order them, i didnt think about checking the part number or anything, since i typed in tirerack.com that i had an 03, so the part number should be correct right?! well, the site didnt even have a part number on it, so i ordered them, and have been waitin weeks to get them installed. so i had to call back tirerack.com and argue with them til they would overnight the CORRECT parts to the shop so i could get my car up and running strong again. tirerack.com is just one big computer and a few girls to answer customer service. they dont understand about people's cars and how honda changes i guess. i was on hold for about 20 minutes all together just trying to get the parts right, which was THEIR fault.
dude, I tried to warn you! They probably weren't contacted or did update their site about this.

02SilverSiHB
02-22-2004, 11:50 AM
nah, why would i check the part number? when i typed in MY YEAR? yall can say what you want. and it wasnt just like calling them up 'hey man, yall sent me the wrong part cuz im an idiot' (tirerack.com customer service girl:) 'ok sir, we will ship you the parts tomorrow free of charge'... it was more like this 'yall sent me the wrong parts'... 'ok, please hold' (ten minutes later) 'tirerack, how may i direct your call'... ten minutes again on hold... 'ok let me check'.... hold again... 'you will have to pay for the new parts, and as soon as we get the other part back, we will credit you the money back... it will be a week'...

well i dont feel like typing the rest just yall can be like 'its your fault dude, your an idiot, blah blah blah' everybody in the shop agreed with me, so yall can believe what yall want about my situation, i took care of it, thats it... so shut up
once again, I warned you, you could have avoided this..remember:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29829&highlight=koni

IIx 03 EP xII
02-22-2004, 01:26 PM
i know i remember that now 02silver... thanks even though im an idiot i guess. but its all been worked out, and my car will be out of the shop tomorrow (monday)... and i will post tons of pics.

02SilverSiHB
02-22-2004, 01:53 PM
i know i remember that now 02silver... thanks even though im an idiot i guess. but its all been worked out, and my car will be out of the shop tomorrow (monday)... and i will post tons of pics.
so everything will be on?...the lip kit, rims, etc?

IIx 03 EP xII
02-22-2004, 07:42 PM
02silver... yes EVERYTHING will be on... that includes the lip kit, rims, springs, struts, sway, tie bar... EVERYTHING... im so excited, but i know school is going to go by so slow, especially cuz i have TWO tests to take and my books are chillin in the back of my car at the shop!!!!!! oh well, i cant wait man.

02SilverSiHB
02-22-2004, 08:16 PM
holy shit, I just realized, you're from my home town :D
My family is in panama city beach. I visted not too long ago...might have seen me :D I didn't have the kit on at the time.

Take some pics when you are done!

IIx 03 EP xII
02-23-2004, 08:16 AM
no way... your family lives in pcb? thats crazy... where do they live? and i dont think ive seen you, the only Si ive ever seen is a black one, and there is another blue one IN TOWN (over the bridge), i havent seen any silver ones.

IM TAKING PICS TODAY!!! ill have to find some place to host them since all the other sites are going down the drain when it comes to image hosting.

02SilverSiHB
02-23-2004, 11:28 AM
no way... your family lives in pcb? thats crazy... where do they live? and i dont think ive seen you, the only Si ive ever seen is a black one, and there is another blue one IN TOWN (over the bridge), i havent seen any silver ones.

IM TAKING PICS TODAY!!! ill have to find some place to host them since all the other sites are going down the drain when it comes to image hosting.
Some live in the boonies over in woods :D My Dad (past away about 2 years ago), lived on Loredo street.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-23-2004, 02:45 PM
im about to snap some necks around here. tirerack.com sent me the WRONG parts again. and if anybody tries to blame this on me, im gonna kill them... i told them the correct part numbers that koni themselves told me to get. but instead of ordering the WHOLE part number, they only put in the last four digits of the part number, which ended up overnighting me a set of koni's for a freakin toyota corolla??!!!! ohh... and to add to the madness... my fiber images side skirts wont fit right... when they put them on, the door wont close without scraping or something like that. im about to kill myself or somebody.

02SilverSiHB
02-23-2004, 03:04 PM
im about to snap some necks around here. tirerack.com sent me the WRONG parts again. and if anybody tries to blame this on me, im gonna kill them... i told them the correct part numbers that koni themselves told me to get. but instead of ordering the WHOLE part number, they only put in the last four digits of the part number, which ended up overnighting me a set of koni's for a freakin toyota corolla??!!!! ohh... and to add to the madness... my fiber images side skirts wont fit right... when they put them on, the door wont close without scraping or something like that. im about to kill myself or somebody.
yeah, can't blame you on that one! fucking a! I pm'd you back on the side skirts...they fit fine, sounds like that shop has lost their mind.
I'll take some quick pics

IIx 03 EP xII
02-23-2004, 08:05 PM
02silver.. thanks for all the help. tirerack.com is supposed to be overnighting the CORRECT ones this time. and if they dont... then you will see in the national headlines 'tirerack.com headquarters was attacked by a skinny teenage boy armed with a pair of toyota corolla koni yellows... he murdered three telephone operators named britney, britney, and britney... all whom do not know what a honda civic si really is'

02SilverSiHB
02-23-2004, 08:15 PM
02silver.. thanks for all the help. tirerack.com is supposed to be overnighting the CORRECT ones this time. and if they dont... then you will see in the national headlines 'tirerack.com headquarters was attacked by a skinny teenage boy armed with a pair of toyota corolla koni yellows... he murdered three telephone operators named britney, britney, and britney... all whom do not know what a honda civic si really is'
LOL! hahaaaa :D

IIx 03 EP xII
02-24-2004, 07:59 PM
my car is out of the shop!!!! or at least the first shop. the front and rear lip are on... the rims are on... along with everything else. it looks AWESOME. i wish i could take pictures, but its so crappy and stormy outside it would be no use. the sideskirts are getting put on by a body shop that the first shop told me about. the car will go in tomorrow morning before i go to school, and should be done by the end of school or during the afternoon sometime. i cant wait!!! ill post pics as soon as i can!