PDA

View Full Version : trans and brake problems anyone

skinsfsu
02-20-2004, 06:09 PM
just thought u guys mite wanna here this. I'm one of u that has trans problems and i have had brake ginding also along with some ohter minor but bothering issues. I called American Honda and complained and they said take it to the dealer and have them figure it out. well i took it and this waht they said. The tech actually said my tans had 90 weight in it. thats from the factory. never changed. he changed it and put in the right mtl. so far though its only been since tuesday but no grinding and it seems to shift a little better. well wait and see what happens. the brakes they were grinding fro about 5 miles when cold, and the tech heard it and said the pads didnt fit and had to reshape, still grinding though. i called Honda bake and told what dealer I took it to and what they found and what they did. they ask what I wanted. hmmm. well I gotta call them back monday and complain some more and see what i can get. a rsx types engine would be nice. ha ha I know that would never happen. the funny thing is my old dealer who pissed me off never even found anything and didnt even check my trans because it didnt happen. they agreed tha rotors were rusted but said that was normal. I think I'm gonna swithc to redline mtl next since I use there 5w20 and see what else happens. lets evryone call Honda and get them to notice our problem. I'll keep u guys posted.

Type X
02-20-2004, 07:54 PM
only brake prob i had was INSANE rotor warping :)

so i just got brembo replacements

i only have 20 k
but they have been warped for a while

rather than keep bringin it in
or replace

"hopefully"
this will work