PDA

View Full Version : replica type-r kit for 02 si....

SpoonEP3
02-20-2004, 09:14 PM
i finally got the money for the kit....
now i just need to find a place to order it...
i was wonder "showstopperUSA" the whole kit is $500 shipped right...
do they fit well on the usdm si? just asking, the kit does not include the wing right?

if i send money order, what is the address and name that i send it to?

thanks
alan

DarkSiRacer
02-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Why dont you call Chuck or PM them... it would be a lot faster if you did.

Tenacious G
02-20-2004, 09:18 PM
the $500 kit is the lip kit and fits USDM EPs fine. the full CTR kit is about $2K and requires modification.

i'm assuming you want the lip kit.

if you're in LA, you should just go pick it up and save shipping time and hassle.

search for "Showstoppers" and you'll find their contact info.

raiyo
02-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I would get the real deal instead of some fiberglass. Your lips are going to get hit by stupid drivers when your ride is parked. It'll cost you over 2k to upkeep the lip kit. That's if you don't like spider web markings on your lip.

That's just me, others might think differently. Go JDM OEM or just stay USDM OEM.

SpoonEP3
02-20-2004, 09:34 PM
thanks...

redronin22
02-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
I would get the real deal instead of some fiberglass. Your lips are going to get hit by stupid drivers when your ride is parked. It'll cost you over 2k to upkeep the lip kit. That's if you don't like spider web markings on your lip.

That's just me, others might think differently. Go JDM OEM or just

stay USDM OEM.

uh how the heck will it cost 2k to upkeep the lip kits? FYI fiberglass is pretty easy to maintain an repair unlike poly-u.
if ur lip gets busted u can easily buy the front lip for 150 or so. besides no matter what your lip is made of, it will get scratches regardless if its jdm or usdm or whatever. if ur on a budget and want that jdm "look" and dont want to shell out 2k+ painting, get the usdm replica. also the fiberglass on the Show stoppers kit is nice n thick not crappy stuff like the erebuni junk.

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 12:29 PM
redronin22, thanks for your advice, i think that i am going with the lip kit...
thanks guys....

raiyo
02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
uh how the heck will it cost 2k to upkeep the lip kits? FYI fiberglass is pretty easy to maintain an repair unlike poly-u.
if ur lip gets busted u can easily buy the front lip for 150 or so. besides no matter what your lip is made of, it will get scratches regardless if its jdm or usdm or whatever. if ur on a budget and want that jdm "look" and dont want to shell out 2k+ painting, get the usdm replica. also the fiberglass on the Show stoppers kit is nice n thick not crappy stuff like the erebuni junk.

Okay, lets say, you got a USDM kit on, someone backs up into your lip kit. They manage to hit the lip and didn't do much damage, besides leaving spider marks on the paint. If you have a dark color car, then that will be a problem, since you can really see it. If you're a nut, and you want to get it redone everytime this happens, it'll cost you more than the JDM one. If you went with JDM OEM full Kit then the spider markings wouldn't happen. All that might happen is some paint got rubbed on you. That's all I'm trying to point out. The USDM full lip kit, paint, and install might cost you around 1k or so. A JDM CTR kit will cost you around 2.5k paint and installed. So it is really 1.5k saved if you get USDM Lip Kit versus JDM Full Kit. If I had the money, I would dish out the 1.5k to avoid paint problems/upkeep.

513n179
02-21-2004, 07:54 PM
whatever floats ur boat guys

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 10:21 PM
raiyo is tryin to say that it is CHEAPER to get the type r kit when it comes to repairing it cuz poly-u is stronger than fiberglass. but... how often does somebody back into you? the only accident/incident ive ever been in involving my vehicle is when a landscape rake flew out of the back of a landscape truck and caused about 1000 bucks in paint damage and headlight replacement. but... its up to you if you want to fork out that much cash for the quality.

raiyo
02-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
how often does somebody back into you?

I think it is a very high chance. Not everyone in the world is very good in parallel parking. They think, "oh.. I can fit, I can make it, then bam. Opps, I guess I don't." I think those happen all the time. You just might not know of it since the so minor for OEM bumpers. As for fiberglass, some bending will cause spider markings. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but big chances there will be. Most kits I've seen that are made from fiberglass have spider marks, especially dark color ones. And when you try to wax that damaged area, the wax goes into between the spider markings and make the damage more revealing.

DrunkMonk
02-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Who do I talk to about getting a replica lip kit for $500 shipped? I didnt see that anywhere on show stoppers site

SpoonEP3
02-26-2004, 03:43 PM
oh, you can talk to anyone, it is the same price for every one.... they are nice people, anyone of them can help you out...

redronin22
02-26-2004, 08:47 PM
ask for rock or Chuckster ooops meant Chuck. Two of LA's nicest sales people u will ever meet.