PDA

View Full Version : Anyone swap windshield squirters to match the color of their EP?

FCobra94
02-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I work at an Acura dealership and noticed that the RSX-S's and MDX's come w/ body colored windshield nozzles. I thought it would look cleaner if mine were the same color as my white EP, as well.

Has anyone swapped theirs out? I'm thinking that they should just snap right in if I were to use some from an RSX-S or MDX, etc but I was just curious.

Thanks for the help! :)

glw
02-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
I work at an Acura dealership and noticed that the RSX-S's and MDX's come w/ body colored windshield nozzles. I thought it would look cleaner if mine were the same color as my white EP, as well.

Has anyone swapped theirs out? I'm thinking that they should just snap right in if I were to use some from an RSX-S or MDX, etc but I was just curious.

Thanks for the help! :) i painted mine, but i'm pretty sure that the '03 civic hybrid ones will work, too.

our squirters have different part numbers left and right but the hybrids are the same both sides... i think because ours fan the water and the others don't.

the s2k has painted squirters, but only comes in championship white.

hybrid washers (http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=2003&TrimLevel=4DR+HYBRID&TransLevel=CVTKL&Section=E&Category=B++15++%7CWINDSHIELD+WASHER&PartCatalogId=14S5B0&IRefNo=008&PartNoSelected=76810-S5B-A11ZA)

oogy-boogy
02-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey, neat...

I had no idea. Looks like I have to go visit the dealer to check it out..

Thanks!

03CivicSi
02-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I did, I bought a black Si, but they were nice and gave me some free black squirters... already installed too!!!:D Doesn't Honda have the best customer assistance?(say yes):)

chubbychu
02-20-2004, 10:51 PM
i had mine painted when i did my plate holders and mud guards. =o)

BlasTech
02-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
i had mine painted when i did my plate holders and mud guards. =o)

I always wanted to do my mudguards, too... got any pics?

mrfixit687
02-21-2004, 03:10 AM
phew, i thought u meant the light up ones :p

chet
02-21-2004, 03:16 AM
If they made them in carbon fiber I have a set for sure. Now I want a pair:D

DFresh
02-21-2004, 07:46 PM
I have a 2002 ep in silver and I used the painted squirters off of a 2002 honda accord coupe. The color is insanely similiar, if not exactly the same. The only problem is that the squirter pattern is different, so if you hold down the knob for the washer fluid to come out it kinda squirts over the windshield! If you tap it, you will get the fluid on your windshield. The cool part is that if you are driving fast and someone is on your tail, you hold down the knob and all of the washer fluid hits his windshield. It's kinda like passive road rage!:D

FCobra94
02-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Haha! Nice man :D

Right now, I have the parts counter at my dealership checking to see if they can get me some from an MDX or RSX-S.

Working at an Acura dealership leaves me half tempted to just walk out on the lot and steal one off of a Taf white car though ;)

Will keep you guys updated...

glw
02-21-2004, 08:34 PM
i think the 2003 odyssey ex windshield squirters have the fan pattern that the ep3 does but they come painted (in tafetta white). saw them at the dealer today when i went in for an srs light. they ordered a srs control unit...

chubbychu
02-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
I always wanted to do my mudguards, too... got any pics?

uhm, i had mind done at the shop so im not sure what kind of paint they used.... not spray paint tho :p , and at first they were really cool, but after a while, due to flex and bending when hitting stuff, the paint cracked and flaked off. they are not a pretty sight at all right now.

i ended up taking them off since im lowered and getting side skirts soon. but i have a couple pix of them anyways. hopefully they work.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/3/16/36/120131636xLvTht_ph.jpg

glw
02-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
uhm, i had mind done at the shop so im not sure what kind of paint they used.... not spray paint tho :p , and at first they were really cool, but after a while, due to flex and bending when hitting stuff, the paint cracked and flaked off. they are not a pretty sight at all right now.

i ended up taking them off since im lowered and getting side skirts soon. but i have a couple pix of them anyways. hopefully they work.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/3/16/36/120131636xLvTht_ph.jpg
i sanded mine. then painted with several light coats using that import color (nissan 4345?? was closer than the honda colors) and then a couple of coats of that import color clear coat paint. mine are still looking good! but i would buy pre-painted ones instead of do it again.

BlasTech
02-22-2004, 08:52 PM
hrm maybe I should stay with black, since I hit cones at 50mph. :D

chubbychu
02-22-2004, 09:43 PM
is that picture showing up for you guys?

Brettnyt
02-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Hmmm... Why dont you just trade in for a black EP??? :D

ep3hatchattack
02-23-2004, 12:29 AM
No, I swapped out my stockies for a sweet pair of purple neon squirters..................... :)

Just fuckin with ya..............

blackout
02-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by chet
If they made them in carbon fiber I have a set for sure. Now I want a pair:D

me too...:D