PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Images Lip Kit has arrived!!!

IIx 03 EP xII
02-20-2004, 10:43 PM
well, i was about to go crazy, when the freight guy called my house and asked for directions, i jumped like a little school girl... and awaited the lost freight driver. when it arrived, i shredded the box to pieces and i almost cried at the sight of the perfectly made carbon fiber pieces. so it gets installed tomorrow... along with my rims/springs/sway/tie bar... so i will have pics definitely.

Si Death
02-21-2004, 01:46 AM
wow thats killa! def post pics :D

Low Rider
02-21-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
well, i was about to go crazy, when the freight guy called my house and asked for directions, i jumped like a little school girl... and awaited the lost freight driver. when it arrived, i shredded the box to pieces and i almost cried at the sight of the perfectly made carbon fiber pieces. so it gets installed tomorrow... along with my rims/springs/sway/tie bar... so i will have pics definitely.

Yeah... like the other guy said ^... post some pics and stop torturing us 'omes!!!:D

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 09:36 AM
it is going on today... sometime in the afternoon... the place where i am getting it done wont let me go in the back to take pictures, so im gonna see if they will take some for me, they are really cool guys. IM SO EXCITED. my car is going from pretty much stock (aem V2 and magnaflow) to rims/lip kit/drop/rear sway/tie bar/konis... its crazy.

rswbrixton
02-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Congrats to you !!! This is the kit i am looking to purchase for my ep . How was the packaging of the kit componenets , was it packaged securely and with lots of protective stuffing etc .

I ask because my kit will be shipping to me here in Ontario Canada , just want to ensure it gets here with no shipping damage etc .

chet
02-21-2004, 02:35 PM
I love the F.I. lip kit--carbon fiber rocks!! I was wondering if you auto-x at all. . .I know 02SilverSiHB has the same lip kit (I think???) and has acquired some serious scratches. I'm just wondering if you're worried about it if you autocross. That's what holds me back from getting the cf lipkit.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 03:19 PM
chet... no i dont autocross... just a daily driver, and i PM'd 02silversihb... and he said i shouldnt have to worry about it too much, of course im still gonna be careful. and to the other post... the shipping wasnt full of foam peanuts or whatever, but the kit itself was wrapped in shrink wrap stuff and then covered in bubble wrap in some areas. it is shipped freight so its not like the delivery guy is going to be throwing it around... and i had it shipped to florida, so that is a longer distance i believe cuz it comes from up north. it comes from fiber images... not from where you order it from. i cant wait. i just found out my car wont be out of the shop til monday cuz of fedEx screwing up the shipping stuff.

chet
02-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
chet... no i dont autocross... just a daily driver, and i PM'd 02silversihb... and he said i shouldnt have to worry about it too much, of course im still gonna be careful. and to the other post... the shipping wasnt full of foam peanuts or whatever, but the kit itself was wrapped in shrink wrap stuff and then covered in bubble wrap in some areas. it is shipped freight so its not like the delivery guy is going to be throwing it around... and i had it shipped to florida, so that is a longer distance i believe cuz it comes from up north. it comes from fiber images... not from where you order it from. i cant wait. i just found out my car wont be out of the shop til monday cuz of fedEx screwing up the shipping stuff.

Excellent, I can't wait to see pics.

rswbrixton
02-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Damn , we got to wait a little longer !!

Hey , 03 EP ! Just what did the FedEx people mess up with in regards to the shipping of the kit ? Are you missing something ?

I want this kit also , my only concern is that shipping gets it to me in one piece !

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 08:15 PM
no... they messed up shipping my front struts, which were supposed to be overnighted, cuz they sent the wrong size first, so the shop had already cut my stock strut housing... so my car cant go anywhere due to no struts in the front!! (go figure)... so it will be out of the shop on monday. the fedex guy came by the shop three hours early, so the shop wasnt open yet!

rswbrixton
02-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Oh my god , what a pain in the ass !!! Well , take heart they are on the way !!

How does the kit look , is the quality 100% ?

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 10:16 PM
oh my... the QUALITY... the quality is exquisite. the carbon fiber is flawless, no wrinkles, waves, nothing at all. it is awesome. when i took it into the garage at the shop my car is chillin in... one of the guys that does my work asked where i got it, when i told him fiber images made it he said the following: "HELL YEAH... thats what im talking about... QUALITY!"... this guy had a b20 (with every internal mod you can do to it) in his 99 EX coupe... and now he is swappin it into an EG (he beat corvettes in his coupe!), and on the side building what he calls a 'poor mans type R'... which is a turbo LS with some major type r internals and what not.

eggsi
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
hey man i need pics

ToingToing
02-25-2004, 01:48 AM
its useless how you say all the good shits bout your kit without pix. post some pix man. :mad:

btw, congrats. ;)

IIx 03 EP xII
02-25-2004, 07:41 AM
im working on it. ive got my car back, but i had to take it into a different body shop that can put the sideskirts on correctly. so i will get it out of the shop later today. ill try to get some pics. its like a freakin hurricane down here, so the pics will most likely be dark and rainy. SO EVERYBODY CHILL!!!!!;)

k20hatch
02-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Woot Woot...Cant wait to see pics...Been thinking about purchasing one myself!! Cant wait...

IIx 03 EP xII
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
THE SIDESKIRTS WILL NOT FIT!!! the driver's side is about one inch too short, so im tryin to get a hold of fiber images so they can fix the problem w/ some new sideskirts. this sucks bad!! another two-three weeks for some sideskirts.

k20hatch
02-25-2004, 04:56 PM
THE SIDESKIRTS WILL NOT FIT!!! the driver's side is about one inch too short, so im tryin to get a hold of fiber images so they can fix the problem w/ some new sideskirts. this sucks bad!! another two-three weeks for some sideskirts.

Wow man!! Im really sorry!! Ask them if theres any way for them to ship them faster or somthing! Really sorry they dont fit! If the front and rear already on?

rswbrixton
02-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Wont Fit !!!!! What the hell !?! What is incorrect in the side skirts , to short overall , or door wont be able to open/close , What are the Fiber Images people prepared to do ?

Hope this goes well , as this is the kit i want to order for my ep .

IIx 03 EP xII
02-25-2004, 07:09 PM
well... the rears and front are on and they fit PERFECTLY! but the sides... here it is:

the drivers side is too short... about one inch too short?!!! WHAT THE CRAP?

then both sides... the door will not open/close with the sideskirts on. they both need to be sanded down like crazy just to be the right length.

i dont know... i was pissed. $1400 for a lip kit that doesnt all fit?! fiber images better get me some good fitting sideskirts, thats all i know. they have to make them first, that is the problem and what takes so long... then shipping freight takes longer.

eggsi
02-25-2004, 07:42 PM
what the fuck is up with all of these kits not having sides that fit. i really want this kit, but that just made me pissed.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
well the people at fiber images are really nice, and they should fix it. i mean... its one of the most expensive kits out there that is only a lip kit... or if there is another one that i dont know about?! but anyways... I WILL get some sideskirts eventually... til those next few weeks, im just gonna be ridin out w/ my front and rear. the car doesnt look TOO bad, its just the ignorant and bitter queers that will hate 'hey, look he couldnt afford to get his body kit painted and he has no sideskirts... hardy har har'... then that is when me and my pals bust their balls in with our fists of fury.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-26-2004, 09:19 PM
alright, well ive been lookin at pictures of the show cars with this kit, and 02silversihb's ride of course... and i got mine to fit exactly how theirs does. so im going back to the shop tomorrow to show them and to get them to drill it and what not... since i dont have a drill or a sander, and id rather have pros do it anyways. no worries guys.

eggsi
02-26-2004, 10:05 PM
i thought you said that it was an inch short, then how did you make it longer, not being a smartass btw

IIx 03 EP xII
02-27-2004, 07:44 AM
i didnt make them any longer. the body shop was just lazy or something, cuz in the front fenderwell... where you are supposed to bolt in the sideskirts, there is a bolt that holds the fenderliner thing in place. so of course, the head of the bolt sticks out a little bit, causing the sideskirts to be short in the back. so me and my friend removed the bolt, held up the sideskirts, and guess what. THEY FIT!! so im going up there again today to show the guys how to put them on correctly. id put them on myself, but i dont have a drill or a sander, and id probably mess them up.

eggsi
02-27-2004, 08:48 AM
i was just messin with you about making them longer, duh (strecth cf, i don't think so) but do you have to put them under the fender liner, cause that is how the bc sides that i had looked like.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-27-2004, 09:20 AM
yeah, they will have to go under the fender liner... that way it gives up enough space to stretch the back fender liner. i dont know why the body shop guy couldnt figure that out. i think he was just being lazy or something. i wish that i had the tools to do it myself.

how do i go about screwing them on? do i need to drill a hole first, and then put a screw through that? or just screw it right throught everything? i might be able to do it myself if i could find the tools.

DJDrHart
07-01-2004, 02:39 PM
lets see some PIIIIIIICS!!!