PDA

View Full Version : OMG.. I saw an EP with a C/F hood today

mixedupneko
07-02-2002, 01:51 PM
What's up guys went down to the beach today here in New Jersey And sawa black si with a carbon fiber hood. I almost flipped i don know where this guy/girl got it from but I want one. Let's all search our asses off so we can find them because there out there !

neko

punkdork
07-02-2002, 02:30 PM
I really don't understand the carbon fiber hood deal. The weight savings is so minimal and the color difference looks dumb to me. Before you freak out, that's my opinion and you're welcome to do whatever the hell you want to your car.

DownTheHatch
07-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Carbon Fiber hoods aren't for everyone. Mostly hardcore racers who are looking for any weight savings even if small. And some just plain enjoy the look. I'll admit I didn't like CF hoods when I first saw them, but now I like them and plan on putting one on my Si.

punkdork
07-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Carbon Fiber hoods aren't for everyone. Mostly hardcore racers who are looking for any weight savings even if small. And some just plain enjoy the look. I'll admit I didn't like CF hoods when I first saw them, but now I like them and plan on putting one on my Si.

That makes more sense since when you've got a race car it's already stripped so the percentage of weight you lose with the switch is a lot more significant. Personally for a street car I'd rather dump that ~$500 into suspension or engine.

*edit* Then again, considering the size of our hoods maybe they'd only be $20

BlazeX12
07-02-2002, 02:55 PM
I was never a big fan of c/f hoods either. To me it looks like someone forgot to finish painting it. Plus, on the new Si, have you seen our hood? its tiny!! how much weight is lost on changing that thing. Its about as big as the convertible top on the Del Sol's. My girlfriend has one, and that top doesnt wiegh much already. But if C/F is your thing, then by all means see if you cant find one. PS. i know some ppl paint the hoods carbon fiber to give the apperance that its the real thing, are you sure it was real?

DownTheHatch
07-02-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing it was custom made. Many shops around here will make carbon fiber hoods, they take a mold of your stock hood and lay the carbonfiber out to create a custom CF hood. It costs big bucks.

iR-VTEC2
07-02-2002, 04:43 PM
somebody told me that he had a carbon fiber cast on his leg. I was like...yyyyyeaaah got any Type R stickers on it?

:D