PDA

View Full Version : Strut braces installed

Gearhead Geek
02-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok, well I know everyone and their mother has done one of these posts,but, I'm gonna do one anyway.

Got both of my strut braces installed finally, Neuspeed in the front, and the $30 one from Robear Racing in the rear. Did the Neuspeed on Thursday, and the Robear one last night.
First off, lemme say that installing the Neuspeed is a BITCH. You really have to wrestle the bar on, but, once on, it's nice and stiff, which is a good thing. Once on, I definately noticed a bit more stability in turns. The feeling that the front end was just going to slide out durring a high speed turn has been reduced, not completely gone, but reduced.
So, last night, I installed the rear bar. While not as drastic as the front one, it has stiffened up the car just slightly more. However, the bar seems somewhat flimsy. While installing it I noticed that the braces that attach to the bolts on the top of the shock tower seemed to almost bend slightly while I was wrenching everything down. While it does serve its purpose, it just seems somewhat poorly made, and I do believe I may have to swap it out in favor of a 1 piece non adjustable bar (perhaps the DC Sports).

Overall, I have to say, that for $120 for both bars, they were worth it. The car feels a lot more stable in turns, and the body roll is definately decreased. It's not a super huge jump in handling, but it does help, and I'm sure once combined with the Neuspeed sway bars that are sitting on my living room floor, the Hotchkis endlinks that are on their way via UPS, and my D3Designs double X-Brace that's also on the way, it will be even more worth it ;)

Spazhead
02-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Good choice's, but make sure you get a larger rear sway bar, that will make the biggest difference in the rear.