PDA

View Full Version : values/ value springs and cams

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 07:28 PM
what company makes valve springs, valves, and cams for k20a3?
does skunk 2 have them yet?
what do you guys recommend?
thanks

DavidT
02-21-2004, 08:45 PM
You mean valves not values? Anyway, A2 valve springs will fit. You don't really need to get new valves unless you are going with bigger valves and that'd require porting or resizing the head valve ports. No one has cams for the A3 yet.

Payntech
02-21-2004, 08:51 PM
We have valves and valve springs available for the K-series engines.

Cams are still in process.

mrfixit687
02-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEP3
what company makes value springs, values, and cams for k20a3?
does skunk 2 have them yet?
what do you guys recommend?
thanks

i think you should learn more about how an engine works before you dive into values and values spring

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 10:00 PM
the reason why i want to change my valves to better valve springs is because i am going to track soon, and i got hondata ecu for my a3. i don't want it to leak. who are you mrfitit687 to tell me to learn more before doing anything, for all i know, i probably know more than you. I was taking a bath, so i told my 11 old year bro to type what i wanted to say. So my question is not including the a2 valves, and springs... what other companies makes them for a3s? thanks davidt to correct my bro!

I am a part time mechanic at shell on saturdays and sometime sunday. the location is san gabiel cross with huntington in south ca, 91770. Don't tell me to learn more, that is very disrespecting to me because i take pride in working on my own car. So please do not say shit like that in my post mrfitit687, ok!:mad: :mad: :mad:

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 10:02 PM
thanks davidt and payntech....
but for mrfitit687, i ain't disrespecting you, why you disrespecting me for...

mrfixit687
02-21-2004, 10:10 PM
yes cuz i'm psychic and knew that your 11 year old brother was typing for you and didnt know it was valves instead of values, but i just wanted to be a dick and fuck with you anyway.

so you want better valve springs for your head because you dont want your valves to leak at the higher rpms hondata gave you? please elaborate that more for me

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 10:27 PM
mrfitit687, i am not trying to start a fight. So lets just stick to topic and help me out on picking valves and valve springs. I guess i felt disrespected because on my only free time and some times over night, i spend it on my car. And someone came up to you and told you that you don't know shit about your car, that makes me feel like shit... So either help me, or just leave it... but i am cool with you as long as you understand my point of view...

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Our a3 head is not real vtec (meaning i-vtec-e), the exhaust valve proflie does not change when vtec kicks, so all the pressure goes to the intake valve and it can't handle that much rev per min so that is why i want better valves and valve springs to allow better elevation for more getting in and out....

mrfixit687
02-21-2004, 11:00 PM
skunk2 is making valve springs and cams for our cars, but its not out yet, thats the only company i know of so far, you'll probalby have to wait a while

SpoonEP3
02-21-2004, 11:46 PM
thanks man....