PDA

View Full Version : Sway + X-Brace vs. KW V2s

akira
02-22-2004, 10:18 AM
I have been looking over the forums for a while and have been considering modifying my suspension set up. Right now i am wondering what setup will give me better handling: either a CTR Sway and a double X-brace or KW V2 coilovers. I am not so much interested in straight line speed as abilit to handle corners. Also would i get better handling out of just investing in 16 or 17 inch tires? Thanks for all the input.

greenguy
02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by akira
I have been looking over the forums for a while and have been considering modifying my suspension set up. Right now i am wondering what setup will give me better handling: either a CTR Sway and a double X-brace or KW V2 coilovers. I am not so much interested in straight line speed as abilit to handle corners. Also would i get better handling out of just investing in 16 or 17 inch tires? Thanks for all the input.
Would the CTR sway & X brace be w/ stock suspension?
I love my KW v2! I highley recomend them. if you do get them make sure you drop the extra $200 on the pillow ball mount;)!
BTW: you should replace your eom tires ASAP! and remember lighter is better for wheels. Tires I say you cant go wrong with Pirelli's:)

FCobra94
02-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking about the KW's for a while now too ;)

akira: if your looking for the ability to handle corners better, I'm assuming that you'd want all three of those components (eventually anyways) in order to do so :) I think this is more of a question regarding what your budget rather then what suspension components to get...

4g63dsm
02-22-2004, 01:07 PM
AKIRA: you jacked my name foo. Is that your real name or just an sn?

akira
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
well, i guess i'm trying to get the "most bang for the buck" so would the sway bar and x-brace be the best choice?
4g63dsm - its just my sn

4g63dsm
02-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by akira
well, i guess i'm trying to get the "most bang for the buck" so would the sway bar and x-brace be the best choice?
4g63dsm - its just my sn oh i thought there was another Akira on this forum, guess i'm the only one