PDA

View Full Version : What generation

shimmy_yaz
02-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Ok this may be dumb but what generation is our si actually classified as?

ep3si02
02-22-2004, 04:13 PM
i'm pretty sure its 7th gen

shimmy_yaz
02-22-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah i thought that it was classified as a 7th gen too but I am not totally sure

siver-SI
02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
I have heard 7th gen and then I have heard that they are not since they are not part of the regular Honda line they are more the the Acura line. I guess this is the first SI that is not made on the same frame as the other civics so this is were people are saying that are SI is not a 7th gen.

shimmy_yaz
02-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Yeah see thtas what i was thinking too. I heard it was 7th but then like you said it isn't even built off the same frame. I dunno guess this gets really confusing when we have the bastard chid of the civic line :D

PAPITUYO326
02-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
= we have the bastard chid of the civic line :D

hahaha tru

siver-SI
02-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Yeah see thtas what i was thinking too. I heard it was 7th but then like you said it isn't even built off the same frame. I dunno guess this gets really confusing when we have the bastard chid of the civic line :D

I think you are right because every time we kill the other civics at the track or any place else all we hear is "That Bastard".

DavidT
02-22-2004, 09:57 PM
No. EPs weren't built off an Acura line, the Acura line was built off the EP ;) RSX (Both base and Type S, plus Type R) sits on the same chassis as our EP. We don't sit on their chassis, they sit on ours :D

redronin22
02-22-2004, 11:10 PM
in reality we are the only 7th gen civics seeing as how gen 1 in the US didnt even come in coupe form.

chunky
02-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I have heard 7th gen and then I have heard that they are not since they are not part of the regular Honda line they are more the the Acura line. I guess this is the first SI that is not made on the same frame as the other civics so this is were people are saying that are SI is not a 7th gen.

7th gen civic platform.

And think again on the notion that the civic si is built off the acura platform. . . .

In reality, the rsx, civic si, and civic coupe/sedan are all built on the same platform. the only thing that is different between them are the rooflines & sheet metal.

That's a good thing though b/c we get to share several parts with those models. For instance, we can use a lot of the same front brake components as the 01+ civic coupes, which makes things very cheap for us.

Graywolf
02-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by chunky
7th gen civic platform.

In reality, the rsx, civic si, and civic coupe/sedan are all built on the same platform. the only thing that is different between them are the rooflines & sheet metal.

Dude are you smoking CRACK? The wheel base isnt even the same fool. Our car shares very few parts with the EM civic, the suspension design, and a the A/C controls.

VividDreams
02-24-2004, 04:30 PM
im with chunky, the main differences are the engines and suspension settings. wheelbase, yeah i would consider that as "sheet metal"

jaydub
02-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Graywolf
Dude are you smoking CRACK? The wheel base isnt even the same fool. Our car shares very few parts with the EM civic, the suspension design, and a the A/C controls.

uh, he's right though. The wheelbase has nothing to do with this.

Mwing
02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/civic/index.html

Graywolf
02-24-2004, 06:25 PM
LIES!!
Just because they came out at the same time, and have the same name, that doesnt mean anything!!

redronin22
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
i dont think its based on the same platform as the other civics. for one our chassis is miuch tighter 2 why the heck does it weigh over 200 lbs more?????? then again i cold be wrong

ep3hatchattack
02-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Hmmmm. Hes grumpy. But this is much different than other platforms i must agree. Much stiffer than all the others...

phatsi
02-25-2004, 01:56 AM
our ep's are a bit heavier than the rsx but have the same main chasis structure points as the rsx....civic shares the same principles such as flat floor and suspension points but differ in strustural anchors....so it could be the 7.5 gen civic or the 4.5 gen integra...toss up!!!

we have the short bus of cars...odd balls

VividDreams
02-25-2004, 04:23 PM
ok, you guys are right, it doesnt share the same platform as the 7th Gen, its actually mostly Odyssey parts(sarcasm)

helloooo, if it isnt a 7th gen, why can we swap so many parts, engines, suspensions, various interior pieces, etc.

(shaking head)