PDA

View Full Version : Various issue with my Si 03, please I need help!

gito
02-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Hello:
I am ready to take my car to the dealer tomorrow for the 10000 miles oil change even though I don't have all the miles I only have 9400. I hope this is ok.
I noticed water in my trunk, I did search/read every post about leaks and it looks like no one has had any good luck finding the real problem.
My trunk isn't full of water but it does have a little bit which worries me a bit since I used to drive with t-top and you can imaging when it rained!!!:(
The other thing is the crunchy sound in the clutch, I've also read a lot about it here at the forum and I have to say people had said many possible reasons for the problem but again nothing clear. I will definitely mention tomorrow at the dealer about the sound, not sure how to explain though.
The last thing is the sound the engine makes when you start it up in the mornings, when is cold, it sounds like is stuck in the engine not sure what causes this.

I really would like to hear some opinions about these issues I mentioned! Please!!!!!
Take care

Gito

EvilSlvRCiViC
02-23-2004, 11:56 AM
i havent had any of those problems. i have notcied that when i am driving over 40mph and then just put the car in neutral i hear a slight howling noise and then the shifter feels like it is grinding metal(very lightly though)when i move it from left to right or vice-versa- but when i rev the sound and grinding feeling goes away or when i put it in gear it goes away. i have no clue as to what it is anyone have similar problem???

dj addicted
02-23-2004, 11:59 AM
no clue about the leaking, but the crunching clutch.. could just need to be relubed. Ask them about it at the dealership. They relubed mine for free.

slc71
02-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Only thing I can think of is if you look under your headliner (which I have done) there are all kinda of tubes for draining and for the rear windows washer fluid. Maybe something is wrong with the tubes that is causing the leak.
clutch i am not sure.

Tenacious G
02-23-2004, 12:33 PM
i thought someone who had found water in their spare tire compartment said it was from an improperly sealed tail light ... or a hole in the tail light, or something along those lines.

jaydub
02-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
i thought someone who had found water in their spare tire compartment said it was from an improperly sealed tail light ... or a hole in the tail light, or something along those lines.

that sounds about right to me. I seem to recall it being the seal around the taillight too.

gito
02-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey guys thanks for the replies!!! I'll keep you update about how it goes at the dealer tomorrow!

k20ASi
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
i got a leaky hatch. my spoiler comes up a little aslo when i hit about 50 to 60 mph it goes right back into place buy pushing it down im ganna have the dealer look at it if i get some time. its really not that bad i will take pic somtime when it happends again its really hard to notice but of course i know its ther.

gito
02-24-2004, 06:37 PM
They fixed the leak in trunk!!!! They found a gap between the wheel well and quater panel!
And the clutch crunchy sound, they ordered a a new return spring for it! I can believe it!
Thanks again!!