PDA

View Full Version : Hello from King Motorsports

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick note here and say hello to the EP crowd. I'll be around on the board if you have any technical EP or K Series questions.

For those who are not familar, King Motorsports has been building fast Hondas for over 20 years. We've got an extensive background in road racing, but we do a lot of work on street and show cars as well.

See you all around...

Clayton

2fastcivic
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
welcome to the site man. looks like alot of companies are startin to join the site.

jaydub
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Welcome. :) I'm sure your expertise will come in very handy here on the site.

Peking
02-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 2fastcivic
welcome to the site man. looks like alot of companies are startin to join the site.

Yes it would seem to be so, welcome to the site. I love visiting your website.

abstrack
02-23-2004, 11:51 AM
welcome to the boards. mugen rox!:D

dj addicted
02-23-2004, 11:57 AM
welcome to the boards and I do have a question for you... is king motorsports ever going to sell that LCD screen that shows the speedometer and tach?

Soon2beEP3
02-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Please...Please...Please...Let me have the Mugen EP! Please! J/K Welcome Aboard. Oh Yeah, will that Mugen digital rpm/speedo be available. How Much?

STP03BlueSI
02-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Damn whats next someone from AEM or APC.:confused:

Welcome aboard.

Chris

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome...

Digital dash - are you talking about the super duper top secret Mugen prototype unit? This one here:

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/projects/civicsi/king_si_10.jpg

dtexan
02-23-2004, 12:13 PM
nice to see more vendors and companies on here. Just curious how did you hear about ephatch.com

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by dtexan
nice to see more vendors and companies on here. Just curious how did you hear about ephatch.com

Word of mouth - lurking around... My girlfriend Civic_Sista has been a member of this site for a while.

I'm really looking forward to having some good daily interaction with everyone and devloping some good relationships.

Is anyone here from the Midwest? Planning on attending any track events, autocross, or shows this year?

Mugen_EP
02-23-2004, 12:17 PM
I am the ultimate Mugen whore and was looking into that digital dash for quite some time. Will it be released in the future?

Soon2beEP3
02-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Ausmith

Digital dash - are you talking about the super duper top secret Mugen prototype unit? This one here:

Dammit!

Mugen_EP
02-23-2004, 12:22 PM
and since your here can you give me some info on this?

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=21677&highlight=Mugen+steering+wheel

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

-Tony

jaydub
02-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Damn whats next someone from AEM or APC.:confused:

Welcome aboard.

Chris
There are already AEM people on the board, and there have been for a long time. :p

danoonez
02-23-2004, 12:26 PM

Yes we're talking about that. Is it ever going to be released?

abstrack
02-23-2004, 12:31 PM
ooo how bout a mugen valve cover:smilem: :smilem:

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
and since your here can you give me some info on this?

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=21677&highlight=Mugen+steering+wheel

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

-Tony

I'll check and see what I can come up with. It's definately not a production part. Perhaps it is from one of the F3000 cars.

Were you planning on putting that in your street car?

Mugen_EP
02-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I'll check and see what I can come up with. It's definately not a production part. Perhaps it is from one of the F3000 cars.

Were you planning on putting that in your street car?

Yes and I was hoping to include the digital dash with my purchase.:D So any information on both of these products would be great.

-Tony

dj addicted
02-23-2004, 12:37 PM
wow...the digital dash looks like a popular item that EVERYONE wants.. hehe I know I do.. but with mugen prices, even if it is produced, I probably wont be able to afford it.

the JigGa mAn
02-23-2004, 12:38 PM
woo welcome clayton...when do you start at king?

Mugen_EP
02-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
wow...the digital dash looks like a popular item that EVERYONE wants.. hehe I know I do.. but with mugen prices, even if it is produced, I probably wont be able to afford it.

I picked up the Mugen wing and grill already so I need to continue on my quest for my complete Mugen project.:D

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
woo welcome clayton...when do you start at king?

Already started, but I won't be in the office until March 1.

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 12:41 PM
I picked up the Mugen wing and grill already so I need to continue on my quest for my complete Mugen project.:D

Yep - cool stuff. I'm hoping to get a suspension set for my girlfriends car this spring.

ep3hatchattack
02-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi, and Welcome. I was wondering what the best price you can sell the Mugen Grille, or a Mugen Style Grille. Thanks, Dave

btw: Yeah put me on the list of wanting the Digi Tach..

TrippZ
02-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Welcome :D

We have AEM, Borla, King, shit alot of big name places here.

And yes, do let us know about that digital dash ;)

1FSTEP3
02-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Is anyone here from the Midwest? Planning on attending any track events, autocross, or shows this year?

Not from the Midwest, but I will be attending the NOPI race wars in Illinois and St. Louis this season as well as the PRI show in Dec.

the JigGa mAn
02-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Already started, but I won't be in the office until March 1.

good to hear clayton...i can tell your gonna have a shit load of fun over there..best of luck to ya :)

dchu
02-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the site. I don't know if you remember me, but we used to trade notes about JRSC for our EX's waaaaaaaaaaay back on clubsi.

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by dchu
Welcome to the site. I don't know if you remember me, but we used to trade notes about JRSC for our EX's waaaaaaaaaaay back on clubsi.

Yeah, I do remember! I sold my EX :( That was a really cool car.

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/21/CF/9656609-6d6b-028001E0-.jpg

Tenacious G
02-23-2004, 01:39 PM
clean car. is that a lip kit from an EM1?

EricP3
02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Ok well you seen to be putting off and ignoring any questions about that digital dash. So whats the deal??? Is it going to be released ever?

Ausmith
02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
clean car. is that a lip kit from an EM1?

Factory front lip.

jaydub
02-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Silver EX's represent! :D

http://www.dubfusion.com/automobilia/previous_cars/99_civic_04.jpg

SONIC SI
02-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the site!!

Low Rider
02-23-2004, 06:12 PM

"ILIKEIT"!!!:D

LHD_EP3
02-23-2004, 07:28 PM
I dig the furry steering wheel but I'd have to say that it is very foolish to remove the stock steering wheel equipped with an airbag and probably quite illegal in most states:)

jaydub
02-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by EricP3
Ok well you seen to be putting off and ignoring any questions about that digital dash. So whats the deal??? Is it going to be released ever?

dude give him a chance! He just started working there!

jaydub
02-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by LHD_EP3
I dig the furry steering wheel but I'd have to say that it is very foolish to remove the stock steering wheel equipped with an airbag and probably quite illegal in most states:)

IIRC there is no legal repercussions from removing your airbag-enabled steering wheel. It is a supplemental restraint system, meaning that the seatbelt is the primary and most important part.

LHD_EP3
02-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
IIRC there is no legal repercussions from removing your airbag-enabled steering wheel. It is a supplemental restraint system, meaning that the seatbelt is the primary and most important part.

Okay, so guess it isn't illegal but still IMO very foolish

Mugen Power
02-23-2004, 07:55 PM
I dunno, from around these parts, if your airbag deployed and you didn't get it replaced, you won't pass inspection. I don't see how it would be different if you replaced the whole steering wheel. Besides, isn't it mandatory for cars to come with airbags nowadays? I think those steering wheels without SRS usually have an "off-road use only" disclaimer.

LHD_EP3
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM

I wanna see more pics of this car, very clean!

Civicvtec1ps
02-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Do i get good discount because I am from cheese state?
J/K,
Welcome to Ephatch.

Kis4KEN
02-23-2004, 09:52 PM
I am the ultimate Mugen whore and was looking into that digital dash for quite some time. Will it be released in the future?

mugen whore?!? lol... me too. i only have the lip and KEYCHAIN!!!! lol!:D

ep_nezay
02-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Welcome Clayton, Im eg nezay on H-T.

BTW- The first episode of the show was disappointing, they needed to show the Mugen RSX project more:)
Good show none-the-less. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

DTR
02-24-2004, 10:40 AM
HEY whats up Ausmith, im from chicago and i WILL be attending shows events and what not, drop me a line if you want to get together and roll on out there. welcome aboard and hopefully our crys for USDM EP products now wont go unheard, whether theyll make a difference i dont know but now some one from King will here us out.

DTR

STP03BlueSI
02-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
There are already AEM people on the board, and there have been for a long time. :p .

oops:eek:

Mugen Power
02-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by DTR
HEY whats up Ausmith, im from chicago and i WILL be attending shows events and what not, drop me a line if you want to get together and roll on out there. welcome aboard and hopefully our crys for USDM EP products now wont go unheard, whether theyll make a difference i dont know but now some one from King will here us out.

DTR

But wouldn't it still be Mugen's decision whether or not to release products for the K20A3/USDM EP? King's only the distributor but hopefully what we ask won't fall on deaf ears...

Ausmith
02-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone - a few updates based on questions in this thread.

Mugen Digital Dash: it is still in the prototype phase. We do not have a release date at this time. I'll be sure to update everyone here as soon as I hear anything new.

Mugen EP3 USDM Exhaust: Working on it....

EP3/K20A USDM Products: Indeed, Mugen makes the final decisions on what products to produce. As their distributor for North America we are continuously keeping them up to speed on the market dynamics here, and of course providing them suggestions on which products the market is interested in. Your feedback is important, so feel free to let me know.

Events: We'll be out and about quite a bit this year. We'll be at many of the autocross events in the midwest, track events, ITR expo, and Hot Import Nights in Chicago. There will be other events, but those are what come to mind as I write this. If you happen to see us, please don't be bashful. I'm always willing to help out, chat, whatever....

Clayton

Graywolf
02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Can I buy some Mugen models to stand next to my bed while i whack it?

Ausmith
02-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Graywolf

I'm afraid we don't have any Mugen models in stock at this time.

Graywolf
02-24-2004, 01:43 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!!

danoonez
02-24-2004, 01:43 PM

Mugen Digital Dash: it is still in the prototype phase. We do not have a release date at this time. I'll be sure to update everyone here as soon as I hear anything new.

Sounds good man

fsugatorbait
02-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Graywolf

hahahahaha LMAO :D :D :D

jdmpwr
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Yo Clayton---Good to see someone there now that Bob is gone. What happened to Bob?
I take it you are takin his place? Well at least we wont have to deal with Scott anymore.(HA HA) Weren't you selling High End Office Furniture for a while? Owe and my co-worker Matt Jensen says HI!!!!(00 Black Type R with Mr. Gasket beast motor in it!)

danoonez
03-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by jdmpwr
my co-worker Matt Jensen says HI!!!!(00 Black Type R with Mr. Gasket beast motor in it!)

:cool: Sweet ride
http://www.payntechnologies.com/cars/mattjenson.html

Ausmith
03-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by jdmpwr
Yo Clayton---Good to see someone there now that Bob is gone. What happened to Bob?
I take it you are takin his place? Well at least we wont have to deal with Scott anymore.(HA HA) Weren't you selling High End Office Furniture for a while? Owe and my co-worker Matt Jensen says HI!!!!(00 Black Type R with Mr. Gasket beast motor in it!)

I assume you were being sarcastic about the Scott comment? He's still the owner and the boss-man.

Bob moved on to Pegasus racing.

I wasn't seeling high end office furniture per say - I was the Director of Marketing at Techline USA - a manufacturer.

Tell Matt he's still slow ;)

STP03BlueSI
03-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Will you guys be at the Tuner bash in daytona this year or NOPI Nationals in Sept?

DynaSpeed
03-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Tell Matt he's still slow

Are you the Clayton that crashed his ITR at Gingerman last year?

Ausmith
03-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Will you guys be at the Tuner bash in daytona this year or NOPI Nationals in Sept?

NOPI is a maybe....

We'll be at HIN in Chicago and we'll have some cars with Honda at IAS.

Other than that we'll be out and about at track days and autocross most of the summer.

Ausmith
03-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
Are you the Clayton that crashed his ITR at Gingerman last year?

I'm Clayton who's father crashed his ITR at Gingerman last year....

But yeah that is me.

DynaSpeed
03-16-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm Clayton who's father crashed his ITR at Gingerman last year.... ohh... wow, tough situation. How did that turn out? I think I overheard you talking about just parting and scrapping it out last year after it happened. Will I see you again at Lapping Days this summer?

Ausmith
03-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
ohh... wow, tough situation. How did that turn out? I think I overheard you talking about just parting and scrapping it out last year after it happened. Will I see you again at Lapping Days this summer?

Wrote the car off and took all the Type R stuff and put it into a 95 hatch.

jdmpwr
03-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Clayton, Jensen says your a buster!!!! Wasn't tryin to be a smartass about your last job, that just all I remembered about your last job is it had to do with the manufacturering of Office Furniture or sales of. Also the comment about Scott was serious..........JK

What is Pegusas Racing? I am just saying Bob was a very nice friendly guy and he will be missed by some people in the Industry and Customers as well.

HARRY POTTER
03-16-2004, 03:06 PM
my prayers have been answered.:cool:

Type X
03-16-2004, 04:04 PM

i also remember you from clubsi back in the day

i am going to be out in gingerman in Michigan in June for Honda Lapping day

Ausmith
03-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Type X
i also remember you from clubsi back in the day

i am going to be out in gingerman in Michigan in June for Honda Lapping day

Cool - I'll be there instructing.

LandspeedRacing
03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
JDM PWR, do you work for Specmo?

crex2nr
03-17-2004, 12:19 AM
jdm pwr, clean out your pm box

EKON
03-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Welcome to ephatch!

Thanks for the help on the sport suspension and brake info yesterday.

I have another question. Do the RSX thermostat and fan switch fit on the EP?

Thanks,
EKON:D

Ausmith
03-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by EKON
Welcome to ephatch!

Thanks for the help on the sport suspension and brake info yesterday.

I have another question. Do the RSX thermostat and fan switch fit on the EP?

Thanks,
EKON:D

Yes and Yes....

BTW - I had the Hawk part number wrong.

Fronts = HB275
Rears = HB145

EKON
03-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks!;)

EKON

jdmpwr
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
What up LandspeedRacing- I do work at Motorcity! Good to see you guys on here.

Siman
03-18-2004, 09:09 AM
hey clayton,

How is Mugens digital dash moving along, its been OVER a year since Kingmotorsport gave me an update on that system!

Do you have ANY updates whatsoever on the Digi dash for the EP3/RSX's ????;)

thanks

CSI02
03-18-2004, 09:29 AM

EP3/K20A USDM Products: Indeed, Mugen makes the final decisions on what products to produce. As their distributor for North America we are continuously keeping them up to speed on the market dynamics here, and of course providing them suggestions on which products the market is interested in. Your feedback is important, so feel free to let me know.

Events: We'll be out and about quite a bit this year. We'll be at many of the autocross events in the midwest, track events, ITR expo, and Hot Import Nights in Chicago. There will be other events, but those are what come to mind as I write this. If you happen to see us, please don't be bashful. I'm always willing to help out, chat, whatever....

Clayton
How about an axle back muffler like Mugen offers for the EK? Please offer one!!!!:eek:

Ausmith
03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Siman
hey clayton,

How is Mugens digital dash moving along, its been OVER a year since Kingmotorsport gave me an update on that system!

Do you have ANY updates whatsoever on the Digi dash for the EP3/RSX's ????;)

thanks

Still in the prototype stage. No release date at this time.

We are developing a very cool Carbon dash with SPA gauges.

tony speed
03-18-2004, 11:00 AM

sounds good. i'm guessing king is doing this and not mugen. keep us posted.

Siman
03-18-2004, 04:28 PM

what is SPA gauges, pardon my ignorance....I am used to STACK etc....

how much do you think you will charge? Any prototype pics?

Is it going ot have a analog tach like this:
http://www.stackinc.com/img/400_402new.jpg

Siman
03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
never mind, I searched LOL hehehhe

http://www.performancediesel.net/SPA_Gauges/spa_gauges.html

thats some pretty nice shizznit mang!:D

00-ITR-373
03-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Not to keep bugging King - but just want to voice the demand for Intake/Header/and Exhaust. There are some on here who will actually buy the products. It's been a loooooong wait, but it seems like the exhaust is almost here. Hopefully the header is next and then an intake?!

potator
03-23-2004, 12:28 AM
What's bangin, Clayton. :cool:

O shit, yer from Wisconsin!