PDA

View Full Version : scion tc ... what do yall think?

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 01:55 PM
well i was thinking about getting an ep but my friend just got a scion xb or whatever the box one is, and he was telling me that a coupe scion was coming out with a little power. i hear pricing is going to be in the $15,16,000 range. and almost everything is standard. but get this, there is an optional supercharger to bump up horsepower. :D

read this link and tell me what yall think?

http://www.scionlife.com/tc/

ep3hatchattack
02-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Damn, thats pretty fuckin sweet...... I kinda can kick myself in the ass. i bet i can make that look fuckin dope, almost like a G35.....

EricP3
02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Sorry to be a noob but what company owns scion?? Toyota?

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
i love the way the sunroof is made, not to mention the car rides on 17s that look sweet. wish the ep would come standard with 17s.

yeah its toyota.

Tenacious G
02-23-2004, 02:05 PM
i think you have the wrong forum.

psylovibe
02-23-2004, 02:05 PM
yea i like how they did the sunroofs nice ride.Id get it.

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 02:34 PM
standard power is 160 hp and 163 lb-ft torque, the supercharger will up horsepower up to 200. did you notice in the article they mention this is what the si should have been?

andy
02-23-2004, 02:37 PM
The article said:

The pricing for this car should be around $19,000 fully loaded... in fact, that is the only way you can get it: FULLY LOADED. It comes with power windows, locks and mirrors, as well as seats with memory.

I wonder how the other Scion's are selling (as far as can you get
them for under MSRP or not). It is cool that they sell a factory
addition like the supercharger, but I've got to imagine that's at
least $3K.

ep3hatchattack
02-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by andy
The article said:

I wonder how the other Scion's are selling (as far as can you get
them for under MSRP or not). It is cool that they sell a factory
addition like the supercharger, but I've got to imagine that's at
least $3K.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing, and for that price, its only 40 more HP :( but again its warrantied etc.

k20hatch
02-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Im really starting to like there whole line of cars!

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 02:42 PM
from other sites they think the price is going to be $15,999 or $16,999 for the standard tc, which some with a lot of options as standard equipment, but only has the n/a 2.4l engine. which sounds like it should be impressive. but i hear it will be about $1000 more for an auto tranny. i haven't heard any price of the charger. in fact i don't think scion has given an actual price, they just stated that it was going to be well below $20,000. right now the xa is i think $12,999 and the xb is $14,999.

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing, and for that price, its only 40 more HP :( but again its warrantied etc.

Adding the TRD supercharger will bump the output to about 200Hp, but a smaller pulley will add even more boost. Upgrading the fuel system with injectors and a Supra fuel pump will insure that the engine never gets too thirsty for fuel. I believe that a few more bolt-ons will get this beast to around 250Hp which is plenty for daily driving.

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 02:57 PM
here's another article about this car:

http://cars.ign.com/articles/476/476134p1.html

and in this article it states, "No price has been announce, but we hear, "Well under $20,000," from Scion PR. If the first two models are any indication of Scion's pricing habits we see the tC coming in just under $16,000 for a manual transmission while the slushbox will raise the price about a grand. A fully loaded tC will likely run no more than $18,000. More to come, most definitely."

when it says fully loaded for $18,000 wouldn't that include the supercharger option?

jaydub
02-23-2004, 03:00 PM
http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/wewouldhitit.jpg

andy
02-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
when it says fully loaded for $18,000 wouldn't that include the supercharger option?

Seriously doubt it. Fully loaded = power everything, a/c, etc.

Even the SRT-4's "staged" packages aren't included in any sort of
MSRP - it's all add on stuff (from what I understand). Factory
backed and warrantied, but costly nonetheless.

abstrack
02-23-2004, 03:09 PM
im glad to see toyota coming out wit some cool stuff. Now wheres that dam next gen supra!!!!:D:mad: :eek: :confused:

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 03:14 PM
look at the list of standard features ....

http://www.scion.com/drive/features/drive_tc_features.html

it would be nice if fully loaded does include charger, seeing how there isn't much options to be added to the package. hey, dodge sells the srt4 for under $20000 and its turbocharged. maybe the scion is trying to offer an even cheaper package.

BlairSpeed
02-23-2004, 04:05 PM
I kinda like it but you'd have to get it with the super charger!;) Then all you'd have to do was drop it about 2 inches, tint the windows and BAM your done! :D I like how they talk about the Lexus feeling oozing all over it.

EricP3
02-23-2004, 04:13 PM
"I feel that the tC is close to what the 2001 Civic Si SHOULD have been. Looking at the numbers, the tC gives more power, more room and more style for around the same price. Hmmm... That is a no-brainer."
I don

CaTiRo
02-23-2004, 08:26 PM
the base model is suppose to run 0-60 in 7 secs. i think thats faster than a stock ep. guess the 163 ft-lb of torque helps out. :) not to mention it will have a supercharger option. the thing is its starting price is suppose to be somewhere in the $16,000. the stuff on the standard equipment is whats normally options for other car brands. i like that the scion comes with it standard. and then a fully loaded scion comes with stuff that is not normally put on a factory car. i'm looking through the brochure and it mentions stuff like you can get a interior neon kit and even a neon kit for the cupholder (which to me is a waste but i guess someone likes it), satellite radio, powered sub, spoiler, sport tune suspension, 18 inch wheels, euro lights, carbon fiber trim, sporty shift knobs, different color leather wrap steering wheel, strut bars ... and little other stuff. you can definately tell they are trying to focus toward those of us that are part of the aftermarket scene. i am thinking of getting either the tc or the ep. like both honda and toyota because they normally make reliable cars. and they are both around the same price. both are hatchbacks. both comes with the same standard features with the tc having more overall available options. guess i will have to wait until i can see one in person.

siver-SI
02-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by EricP3
Sorry to be a noob but what company owns scion?? Toyota?

You are right. Toyota came up with this brand to do that they found out that young people were not buying a Toyota because they did not think of it as a young person's car. So Toyota did this to hit the 16-24 age market were they were lacking a lot.

jaydub
02-23-2004, 10:10 PM
My best friend drives an xB and I just love that thing. He's got an eibach pro kit on it and some nice Volks on it, super cool.