PDA

View Full Version : Performance with turbo

SF-SI-02
02-23-2004, 03:28 PM
I am in california, so am basically thinking of revhard, greddy and jackson racing for boost. Most people are interested in 1/4 mile, but all I really care about is 0-60 time. People have said that the Greddy turbo will spool faster, so is good for 0-60 times, but is limited by how much boost will go through. If I go greddy, I will also through down for an intercooler, so between Greddy with IC and revhard, and JRSC, what is the fastest 0-60, and which is slowest?

weltall
02-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
I am in california, so am basically thinking of revhard, greddy and jackson racing for boost. Most people are interested in 1/4 mile, but all I really care about is 0-60 time. People have said that the Greddy turbo will spool faster, so is good for 0-60 times, but is limited by how much boost will go through. If I go greddy, I will also through down for an intercooler, so between Greddy with IC and revhard, and JRSC, what is the fastest 0-60, and which is slowest?

0-80 in 4 sec :D est

all greddy, just be sure to bend the brake lines from the down pipe

SF-SI-02
02-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Anyone else have a semi-educated guess/explaination?

skooba
02-29-2004, 10:57 PM
could i ask why you care about 0-60. Do you tell the people that you race that you wanna race to 60 MPH, and call it quits after that... I think you need a more subjective measure for performance.

SF-SI-02
03-01-2004, 08:50 AM
I am not particularly keen on telling others about my performance, rather I have learned (after several tickets) that a lot of legal fun can be had in that range, and that is why I care about it. I try to keep it under 80 on the freeway and that precludes a lot of other activity that would take advantage of other performance metrics, but as I said, I keep it on the DL, and could really use some quicker response times in that range.

BlasTech
03-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Good for you for keeping it in the reasonable range. You probably know that alot of it will have to do with traction, so whatever you go with, motormounts and sticky tires and even a Limited Slip will make a big difference...the Si has enough trouble putting its modest stock power to the ground!

esmith13
03-01-2004, 09:20 AM
If you want the best 0-60 fun and don't care about the actual 0-60 time itself - go Greddy turbo with IC.

The revhard kit has about the same lag at the CN kit and the SFP kit. Greddy's lag is ALOT smaller due to the little Mitsu turbo. It spools quick but is most likely only good for stage I and maybe a full stage II (it will definately push at least 15psi tho, which is in the stage II range). The JRSC will honestly yeild the best 0-60 time in actuallity because I'm sure your not going to drop the thousands more on suspension tires, LSD and Clutch necessary to trully put the turbo's full potential to the asphalt - so for now the linerarity of the JRSC would yeild the better times in the 0-60 range. You can, however, beat a JRSC Si down BADLY with a stage I greddy and IC kit overall and the spool, kick, and whine of a turbine is just too much fun to miss out on...

Now, on for the important part... What about emissions and reliability/maintenance of your car? Nothing personal but if your one of those prissy bitches that takes the car to the shop on the slightest tick or hesitation of the engine cause you have NO CLUE how to care for your car yourself mechanically - you really shouldn't do either. If you do pick one or the other and are like this tho - please realize that even tho the Greddy Turbo has WAY more potential than the JRSC - the JRSC is much lower maintenance than ANY turbo kit will ever be.

Eric

SF-SI-02
03-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Great, sounds like Geddy is the way to go (I am prissy bitch, but only when it comes to my nails). Comedy asside, can someone give me a ball-park 0-60 time with Greddy, perhaps with and without IC?

Thanks!

weltall
03-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
Great, sounds like Geddy is the way to go (I am prissy bitch, but only when it comes to my nails). Comedy asside, can someone give me a ball-park 0-60 time with Greddy, perhaps with and without IC?

Thanks!

i dont know because by the time i think im a 60 im actually at 80
plus im using attack mode on my turbo timer so it is very accurate
like i said 0-80 in 4sec

EtherGhost
03-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by weltall
i dont know because by the time i think im a 60 im actually at 80
plus im using attack mode on my turbo timer so it is very accurate
like i said 0-80 in 4sec

:rolleyes:

That would mean you could run with RUF Porsches and Hennessey Vipers

weltall
03-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
:rolleyes:

That would mean you could run with RUF Porsches and Hennessey Vipers

i did beat a porsche 911 at the track last weekend
keep in mind im also running 10 psi not 6.5 that the greddy kit does w/o aboost controller also i have the ic and ive been doing this sincei was 17 (racing that is) and now im 24

also these cars have no topend what so ever the ep that is 120 is pretty much the end and 80 to that point is like 0-80 stock