PDA

View Full Version : hondata ecu... questions

ep3ster
02-23-2004, 07:03 PM
what exactly does the hondata ecu do??
does it increase rev??
what are the ups and downs....
i tried lookin around for it but i run into prices and juss vague descriptions....
anyone who owns the hondata ecu.... tell me how it is in your SI..

any info much appreciated....
thanks

skooba
02-23-2004, 07:07 PM
everyone will say search, so you can expect to hear mainly that.

check out www.hondata.com

the ups from it are increased rev limit to 7,700 rpms, and people also claim better throttle response and some say increased gas mileage.

the downs are the cost ($600) and the downtime of not having your car for 2 or 3 days. Also, there have not been many longterm tests with the hondata reflash. No one really knows for sure how well our engine can handle the increased revs over time.

HTH

SubliminalSi
02-23-2004, 07:08 PM
hey, since your in ft worh you should make it to a meet, theres one of us that has it and its bad ass, im sure you could get a ride if you give him a hug or something

oogy-boogy
02-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Get it and you will absolutely love your EP that much more. I had it done last week and love it.....car is so much peppier and the extra revs seem natural.

Dunrick
02-23-2004, 08:47 PM
how many lawns did you mow to get that hondata mel?

oogy-boogy
02-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
how many lawns did you mow to get that hondata mel?

Lawns and bushes......my teeth hurt Dunny...lol.:D

ep3ster
02-23-2004, 10:44 PM
increases rev range.... hmmm does that mean new tach is needed????

BlasTech
02-23-2004, 10:47 PM
No new tach needed, it still stays under 8k, but when you shift, the car stays up in the more powerful range....makes it feel like a whole new beast.

oogy-boogy
02-24-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
No new tach needed, it still stays under 8k, but when you shift, the car stays up in the more powerful range....makes it feel like a whole new beast.

Exactly...
:D ;)

fsugatorbait
02-24-2004, 11:26 AM
:D

NemesisITR
02-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
hey, since your in ft worh you should make it to a meet, theres one of us that has it and its bad ass, im sure you could get a ride if you give him a hug or something

Sorry no rides since I only have my driver seat now!!:D

danoonez
02-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
Sorry no rides since I only have my driver seat now!!:D

Ahahahahaha.

And yeah Ep3Ster bring your a** to the next meet!

ep3ster
02-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Ahahahahaha.

And yeah Ep3Ster bring your a** to the next meet!

haha
when and where do yall meet???
keep me updated with the meet info. i'll try to make it out there sometime

in the mean time i wouldn't be riding in an ep3 though...
looking at a black 03 right now... hafta wait for some paperwork and stuff before i get it...:(

danoonez
02-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ep3ster
haha
when and where do yall meet???
keep me updated with the meet info. i'll try to make it out there sometime

in the mean time i wouldn't be riding in an ep3 though...
looking at a black 03 right now... hafta wait for some paperwork and stuff before i get it...:(

As of right now, I don't think there are any DFW Si specific meets planned (unless there's one being talked about in the Texas Chapter forum and I just haven't seen it yet), but the next get-together I know of is the Texas-wide clubcivic.com meet in March. I'm going and I think a few other ephatch members may be going as well.

And hey no Si no problem, just "run what ya brung." ;) Good luck on the purchase though, you won't be disappointed.