PDA

View Full Version : Dont Let Your G/f Drive Your Car

Duque02Si19
02-24-2004, 05:50 AM
DONT EVER LET YOUR GIRLFRIEND LEARN TO DRIVE STICK ON YOUR EP THE TRANNY N CLUTCH CANT TAKE IT TO WELL 475$ FROM HONDA ugh

dofu
02-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Duque02Si19
DONT EVER LET YOUR GIRLFRIEND LEARN TO DRIVE STICK ON YOUR EP THE TRANNY N CLUTCH CANT TAKE IT TO WELL 475$ FROM HONDA ugh

hahahah... thats why you put in the heaviest preasure plate you can find...
girl: "ooh, can i drive it?"
me: "sure, if you can..."
(girl gets in driver's seat, adjusts everything, and gets ready to roll)
*stall* girl: "wow, the clutch pedal is so hard"
me: "yep"
*stall* girl: "ok... thats enough... i dont wanna break your car"
heheheh... works every time. at least with my gsx... except once, but this girl could drive like no other... i was so in love with her...

agrabau
02-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Did your clutch give out or the transmission? It sounds like only the clutch.

Alex

jaepoori
02-24-2004, 07:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHAH dude i let my girl drive mine to teach her stick...
she shifted without pressing the clutch -_-;
I just stared at her with a gaping mouth...

oogy-boogy
02-24-2004, 07:52 AM
My girl taught me how to drive stick 6 years ago :confused:

She can drive my EP like no other.....:D

styllinep3
02-24-2004, 08:02 AM
i let mine drive ONCE. she ground 2cd gear on her first shift. "ok out i said" . she hasnt driven again since.

so what did she do, go buy a rsx base with a slap shift automatic. now she can drive and shift all she wants lol ;)

Suk02Si
02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
My gf drives my car all the time. I taught her how to drive a stick when we first started going out 4 yrs ago, she drives just fine.

EtherGhost
02-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Haha.... I learned to drive stick on my brand new EP. Oh well, I hope I didn't do too much damage with all the stalls :eek:. At least I never ground a gear, or tried to shift without putting the clutch in. 1000 miles later I've gotten the hang of it :)

Gasp23
02-24-2004, 11:08 AM
My fiance is Italian so she knows how to drive stick just fine.

It's funny, in Mexico almost everyone drives stick or learned to drive in one. Here you have to actually search for a manual transmission car.

chunky
02-24-2004, 11:26 AM
don't blame the car. you just suck at teaching.

unless your g/f really is a doofus.

I taught my ex g/f how to drive stick in my 2000 civic si, that car was even more difficult to learn to drive stick on b/c it had so little torque. not to mention the pressure plate/clutch was even weaker on that car.

the ep3 has a pretty solid clutch. I've had several passes down the drag strip, several auto-x's, and I've driven 71,000 miles, and the clutch still chirps 3rd down the 1/4.

itwasfate02si
02-24-2004, 11:30 AM
I taught my best friend how to drive stick. Not on my car though. I went to the dealership a block from my house and took a car on a test drive....

Sarah

chakra71
02-24-2004, 05:21 PM
I taught my girl how to drive a stick in the EP a couple of weeks ago. I took her to an empty parking lot and set the car up where we were facing downhill. That made it very easy for her to get a feel for how to start. She learned very quickly... but she had some trouble knowing which gear she was putting it in.

This almost got very expensive when she was trying to downshift from 5th to 4th at 70 mph... I noticed her forcing the shifter into gear too much. She had found second! As she let go of the shifter i shoved it out of gear... just before she dropped the clutch. :eek:

Luckily I was fast enough and saved my motor :)

She only stalled it once... when she was parking and and forgot to clutch in before she stopped.

VividDreams
02-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by chunky
don't blame the car. you just suck at teaching.

unless your g/f really is a doofus.

the ep3 has a pretty solid clutch. I've had several passes down the drag strip, several auto-x's, and I've driven 71,000 miles, and the clutch still chirps 3rd down the 1/4.

yeah, if so many people on here can drag race, auto-x, and stuff like that, i dont think teaching someone stick is gonna hurt the car

EtherGhost
02-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
yeah, if so many people on here can drag race, auto-x, and stuff like that, i dont think teaching someone stick is gonna hurt the car

A downshift into 2nd from 70 mph wouldn't hurt the car? :D

Gs02SiR
02-24-2004, 07:14 PM
We should all let our girlfriends drive our cars IMO.

"Sweety, remember when you drove my car last weekend, well it turned out you burnt my clutch, and now I need to buy a Mugen suspension to replace it"

"What is a suspension?"

"it is the spring that holds the clutch assembly together"

"oh okay"

Everybody wins!

...???

chakra71
02-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Gs02SiR

"Sweety, remember when you drove my car last weekend, well it turned out you burnt my clutch, and now I need to buy a Mugen suspension to replace it"

"What is a suspension?"

"oh okay"

Everybody wins!

...???

:D ;)

Chinaboy
02-24-2004, 07:27 PM
my girlfriend drives a 94 Mr2 Turbo, i have no problems letting my girl drive my si...

any situation, whoever drives a stick, or learning on ANY car, has to be careful.

that is the bottomline.

Going from 5th to 2nd could be a newbie act, but then again practice makes perfect

batboy02si
02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Gs02SiR

"What is a suspension?"

"oh okay"

Everybody wins!

...??? that is great!! i'll try it this week-end

KeNnYtAkEr
02-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Hahha let me know if that works out hahaha ANd my and terrance picked up our Mugen sport suspension for $1335cdn flat man u should have joined us in the buy man. that dealer had 1 set left at his shop. THERE SWEEEEET man hahah Droolll MUGEN... YUMMY. :p

Duque02Si19
02-25-2004, 07:01 AM
it was just the clutch but still i havent had my car for a week im going nuts driving an 87 celica that can not go over 55 its such a roach

Gs02SiR
02-25-2004, 03:16 PM
my and terrance picked up our Mugen sport suspension for $1335cdn flat man u should have joined us in the buy man. that dealer had 1 set left at his shop. THERE SWEEEEET man hahah Droolll MUGEN... YUMMY.

Sweet deal. I am glad it all worked out. I am still looking to drop the car this year, but some other "expenses" are taking priority.

Honestly, I am soo happy with the way the car drives with the sway bar + alex bars, and finally with my rims, its going to be lots of fun!:D

trk
02-25-2004, 03:25 PM
My wife drives stick just great.

You should re-title this thread to read:

"Dont let my girlfriend drive your car." <--- speaking in first person for you.

LOL.

VividDreams
02-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
A downshift into 2nd from 70 mph wouldn't hurt the car? :D

i didnt say that, but if shes making that kind of a mistake, im not sure if she should be going that fast yet:(

Makross
02-25-2004, 05:00 PM
my girl can drive but dont know which gear shes in:rolleyes:

phatfreeza
02-26-2004, 03:15 AM
girls who drive stick are H-O-T ... i've been trying to get my girl to learn... just something sexy about a girl and da stick... :D

dofu
02-26-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
girls who drive stick are H-O-T ... i've been trying to get my girl to learn... just something sexy about a girl and da stick... :D

sorry, i expect more than that from a girl... she gotta be able to drive a dropped car, stick. and if she can pull some race techniques (heal and toe, drifts, power shifts without grinding the tranny...), even hotter...

Siman
02-26-2004, 09:48 AM
I tought my G/F how to drive a manual in my Si, she did it flaulessly....She drives my car all the time know, WITH ME IN IT. She has never grinded gears, but has stalled it quite a few times....

She giggles and laughs the whole time she is driving it tooo hahhhah I love my G/F, although she says she hates cars...and doesnt like me going to the Drag Strip...oh well...:D

02CivicSiGuy
02-26-2004, 09:55 AM
I only let my fiance drive my car when I'm too intoxicated to do it myself.

super_si_45
02-26-2004, 04:31 PM
after a long and grueling night, i walk her to the passenger side and....

broad: "ohhh, ohhh can i drive?"

me: "hell no, quit playin bitch get in!" {then pimp slaps her}

ha, u know im playin :D

Rey
02-26-2004, 04:53 PM
475 dollars????????

You should have bought an ACT clutch with that money and install it yourself with a helms manuel.

BTW super, nice avatar ;)

super_si_45
02-26-2004, 04:55 PM
whoa man! u too lunchbox, howd u minimize it to sb?

Rey
02-26-2004, 05:11 PM
print screen button and changed and cropped it through MSPAINT

GeNoZiDe
02-26-2004, 05:15 PM
wouldnt the clutch be coverd under warrenty?

super_si_45
02-26-2004, 06:06 PM
hmmmmmm......u may be seeing a heterolifemate pretty quick ;)

Rey
02-26-2004, 07:06 PM
OMGWTFBBQ

LOL

How much HP can a stock pressure plate handle before upgrading?

aRz
02-28-2004, 04:40 PM
i agree dont teach your girl to drive stick my girl leaned in my car and now i wake up go out side and the car somehow moved!:eek:
or i go into the gas station and my cars at another pump:eek:
everytime i step out she jumps in the drivers seat and takes off !
:rolleyes: