PDA

View Full Version : Huge Popping Noise

Siman
02-24-2004, 02:07 PM
I have Progress springs on Stock struts...for 20+ thousand miles now

well it starts out when i am backing out of my drive way in the COLD, maybe 35-45 degrees. When i am going slow backwards or forwards, my FRONT suspension just creaks and pops...i have checked the CV boots and axle boots, NO CRACKS WHERE grease could or can leak out.

Also when i am on a backroad doing some hard driving....When i brake, the suspension makes a HUGE single POP noise, you can feel it through the whole car.....but I do have custom piping and i ran over curb once or twice and banged that up so its kinda loose right know....I dont know if its when i stop the Catalytic converter hits the floor board and makes the sound/feeling.....but it seems to be coming from the FRONT of the car....

could it be a mount, since i just had my tranny replaced 2000 miles ago, it was taken apart 3 times...or could it be the springs somehow are coming loose or shocks are blowing, or could it be my loose exhaust, which is highly unlikely since my suspension is already creaking....

I dont know what to think....its getting on my last nerve and it spooks me when i am hard on the brakes going into a turn and a HUGE loud pop sound occurs!:confused: :(

please help!

chunky
02-24-2004, 02:58 PM
check your front lower strut bolts. I had that problem once, and it turned out to be my strut bolts.

sepane
02-25-2004, 03:19 PM
check your strut bolts on top of the perch inside your engine bay. i ran progress for a while, and after about 2 months my ep was doing the same thing. hope this helps.

Siman
02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys!!!!

I hit another backroad today and the thing did it again!! upon entry on the turn under hard braking it POPPED....i am gonna check the torqueing on my bolts asap!!:D

chunky
02-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Siman
Thanks guys!!!!

I hit another backroad today and the thing did it again!! upon entry on the turn under hard braking it POPPED....i am gonna check the torqueing on my bolts asap!!:D

that sounds very similar to the problem I had. whenever weight would shift forward, i'd hear the pop sound. my money is on the front lower strut blots, but check the tie rod end nuts as well, and torque the bolts on the steering rack & chassis brace while you're at it for good measure.

prracer617
03-03-2004, 01:35 AM
that either the strut bolt or the steering rack

dofu
03-03-2004, 03:37 AM
hahah... i have that same problem... since i do have dc header, imm hoping that new motor mounts will make that go away... i thought it was the tie rods, or the bearings on the tie rods, chassis brace, but both were fine... could be the bolts, but last time i checked, they were fine. never heard of the bolts on the steering rack, but what im thinkin is that the motor mounts are jus gettin old and flexin to where the header is hittin something. i'll find out when my car gets outta the shop so i can change the mounts out and i'll tell ya how it goes... but it's gonna be a while tho...

prracer617
03-03-2004, 04:57 PM
firday my cars going in for service on that problem and im bring the printed threads on this !!!

toda_power
03-04-2004, 01:38 AM
im having the same problem. i currently have tein s-tech springs, but i will get rid of em and just get the honda factory performance suspension (hfp). im getting fed up with the whole steering rack and suspension issues and my car has only 11k miles. I THINK it fucks up ur suspension once u lower it..i still have to talk to my dealer about this whole thing...

prracer617
03-04-2004, 04:32 PM
hey dont feel bad man i got stock everything but the intake and my car creaks like a bitch ...sound liek i dropped it 3 inches lol and it getting on my nerves im aboutto trade it in for a 03 model lol