PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed Rear Sway installed

Gearhead Geek
02-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok, well, just got home from school where I installed it and all I have to say is.....WOW! To all those considering a rear sway bar, GET ONE! The rear lower brace looks really nice, but the handling is what really matters, and it is, needless to say, amazing. The ass end of the car kicks out on demand now. I'm almost debating not putting the front sway on (although I probably will), cause it just handles so amazing. I was messing around a little bit in the parking lot after I got it on, and I had the back end sliding right around without the e-brake. Smoke poured off the back tires nicely, and two of my friends who were watching said that my back left tire acctually came off the ground durring one of the sharp left hand turns. Also, to those of you worried about a 22mm bar hitting the exhaust, I have about 2cm of clearance between the bar and my Invidia. I'm not sure if the Invidia is just bent differently or what but as I said it clears just fine.
I honestly have to say that this is probably one of the best mods I've done to my car, and I suggest that anyone who wants a more solid handling car get one! :)

!@#$%
02-24-2004, 03:13 PM
this is great news. Seeing how the neuspeed bar has an asymmetrical design allowing for exhaust clearance it has been my #1 choice. If it fit with your invidia, then it should fit my skunk2 without a problem seeing how they are virtually the same exhaust. You just made my day. Thanks. :)

oogy-boogy
02-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Nice...

I actually picked up the RSX rear....only 19 mm but better than stock...:D

jball
02-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Nice...

I actually picked up the RSX rear....only 19 mm but better than stock...:D

Same here and i can't wait to get it on this weekend

Peking
02-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Cool Gearhead Geek, I have seen this bar in person. It is very nice looking. When I upgrade from my Type-S rear sway, the Neuspeed is very high on my list.

03silverEP
02-25-2004, 11:21 AM
I too have the neuspeed 22mm rear bar, it makes the car handle great, but it hits and rattles on my HKS exhaust :(

fsugatorbait
02-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
I too have the neuspeed 22mm rear bar, it makes the car handle great, but it hits and rattles on my HKS exhaust :(

I had the same rattle with my neuspeed bar and greddy evo. Just pick up two extra exhaust hangers and double them up on the cannister of the exhaust, its a tight fit, but they'll go on.

Gearhead Geek
02-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Second day with it on, put about 50 miles or so on the car and still no exhaust rattle for me, however my header bracket is rattling more and more now :p (Snapped one of the bolts that connects the header to the engine bracket and replaced it with a bolt of a different thread pitch, so it didn't go in all the way...No biggy, just annoying :p)

!@#$%
02-25-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
I had the same rattle with my neuspeed bar and greddy evo. Just pick up two extra exhaust hangers and double them up on the cannister of the exhaust, its a tight fit, but they'll go on.

is there any way you could snap a pic of what your talking about here? I'm curious.

fsugatorbait
02-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
is there any way you could snap a pic of what your talking about here? I'm curious.

yeah, ill see what I can do this weekend.

!@#$%
02-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
yeah, ill see what I can do this weekend.

great. :)

STP03BlueSI
02-27-2004, 12:20 PM
I think the Neuspeed Rear sway will be my next purchase:D

BSEVEER
02-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
The ass end of the car kicks out on demand now.

Why is that a good thing?

TEKBRAIN
02-27-2004, 03:20 PM
That's a GREAT thing! :angel:

Gearhead Geek
02-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Why is that a good thing?

It's a good thing because now the rear feels more solid I can get the ass end loose when going around turns, rather than having that general mushy feeling of understeer.

BSEVEER
02-27-2004, 03:41 PM
I didn't think it was a good thing to lose traction. I also didn't think more oversteer was the same as less understeer.

Dunrick
02-27-2004, 03:48 PM
I didn't think it was a good thing to lose traction. I also didn't think more oversteer was the same as less understeer.

personal prefence...just know...ALl race cars can kick the rear end out on demand...

Gearhead Geek
02-27-2004, 04:11 PM

It's not that the car loses traction, it's that it CAN lose traction if I want it to. As Dunrick said, it's all personal preference.