PDA

View Full Version : AEM V2 versus Front strut bar !?!

rswbrixton
02-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi people !!

Just a quick question here , that i hope is noticed by anyone using an AEM V2 intake with any make of strut bar .

I am currently using an ALEX front strut bar and am of the understanding that the AEM V2 location and subsequent height may/will conflict with strut bar .

Is anyone here currently using both , if so what strut bar are you using that clears with sufficient space to allow use of both ?

I sold a Neuspeed strut bar for the ep a few months back , but i dont recall it sitting any higher than the ALEX bar .

Any photo depicting above would be greatly appreciated .

I need the intake and the bar to co-exist happily . If it cant be ... 1 Milano red ep 30,000 kilometers for sale.

glw
02-24-2004, 06:32 PM
i have the neuspeed stb and the aem v2 intake and there is no physical conflict.

rswbrixton
02-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Good to hear !!! Thanks kindly for your response . Shit , i may have to buy another Neuspeed bar !! But again i cant recall the Neuspeed sitting any higher than the Alex .

Any pics by chance ?

skooba
02-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Well you could buy the v2 and then test the fit. If it doesnt, buy a neuspeed, and I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble selling the bar.

heihei0330
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by rswbrixton
Hi people !!

Just a quick question here , that i hope is noticed by anyone using an AEM V2 intake with any make of strut bar .

I am currently using an ALEX front strut bar and am of the understanding that the AEM V2 location and subsequent height may/will conflict with strut bar .

Is anyone here currently using both , if so what strut bar are you using that clears with sufficient space to allow use of both ?

I sold a Neuspeed strut bar for the ep a few months back , but i dont recall it sitting any higher than the ALEX bar .

Any photo depicting above would be greatly appreciated .

I need the intake and the bar to co-exist happily . If it cant be ... 1 Milano red ep 30,000 kilometers for sale.

Hey Shawn, i installed my alex bar with the V2 yesterday. I took it off rite after i installed it. The bar basically lie on top of the V2, so i didn't bother and took it off.

Terence

rswbrixton
02-25-2004, 04:39 AM
HI Terence !!!

Thanks for the update . So you removed your Alex Bar then eh ?? So the aem and the strut bar were actually touching - or was there some clearence ? Would the motor under load lift and hit the bar ?

Let me know if you could .

Shawn

rook
02-25-2004, 10:26 AM
I am running the V2 and a Neuspeed bar, there is maybe 1mm of clearance. The only reason mine does not contact is the ES motor mount inserts. I am positive that with out the inserts they would hit every time you accelerate/decelerate.

rook

Silentplanet
02-25-2004, 01:44 PM
I have the Alex bar and v2. If you install it just right, it will clear. You might have to bend the v2 tab a bit (that long metal thingy that you bolt to the mounting point). I didn't bother so it vibrates just a touch at idle. No big deal to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumtion that under load, the engine torques backwards, giving it more clearance. And no it doesn't slam back and hit the bar.

rswbrixton
02-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Big thanks for your responses and input !!

Im going to do the install . I had figured a mounting bracket or such could be shortened or customized to some degree to take the V2 a few more degrees of angle deeper into the engine bay . I suppose placement of components on installation , done in such a way as to aim the aem lower below the strut bar is possible .

Thanks again for the input !

Low Rider
02-25-2004, 05:42 PM
The Comptech Titanium strut bar is elevated and would probably clear no problem.

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/media/150-030.jpg