PDA

View Full Version : dc5r pistons?

oompaloompab0i
02-24-2004, 06:43 PM
im looking to get some k20a pistons w/rings...can my a3 handle these? how much hp would this add? for 300 bucks is it worth it?

Suk02Si
02-24-2004, 08:31 PM
If your going to tear down your motor you might as well add a few more things while your in there. ;)

civicSIracer
02-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
If your going to tear down your motor you might as well add a few more things while your in there. ;)

ya.. i dont think he really knows what pistons are and how much labor its going to take to get them in..;)

oompaloompab0i
02-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
ya.. i dont think he really knows what pistons are and how much labor its going to take to get them in..;)

haha funny funny...i know what pistons (not in full detail, but the basics ;) ) but was wondering if they might hit to hard if i work my car and overtime break its cylinder... also just wondering how much power. and yea they are hella expensive for the work involved, that's why im asking, are they worth it?

ep3hatchattack
02-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Yeah, its best to know a whole lot about the engine and its functions for this before you throw down all the money into it and find reliability issues...... Just lookin out you know..... dave