PDA

View Full Version : swtich out Stechs for Progress?

4g63dsm
02-25-2004, 12:24 AM
I like the look and ride of my stechs,but i wish they were stiffer. I wasw thinking of trying to pick up ome used progress sproings for cheap. would this be worth the differences, and hassel of unistalling? would i feel a big difference over my stechs? i know they are quiet a bit stiffer. Or if anyone feels like their progress spring are too rough i'd be happy to trade you my stechs.

phatsi
02-25-2004, 02:21 AM
i dont think they are too rough at all....i will be getting rid of mine hopefully in the next few weeks for a full suspension, i have some serious clunking over bumps that is getting worse and it turns out all my struts are blizown to shit....i cant think of what else it would be...i have installed 4 sets of progress on ep's and both my ep's have had the same shitty situation....i dont think it would be worth it, uninstall...install...alignment....then who knows if you will even like them....if i get my progress off soon and you still might want to change them, you pay shipping and you can have them....

jaydub
02-25-2004, 09:49 AM
02SilverSiHB is the man for this topic, he has had both sets of springs. Personally, I can't wait to get rid of my s-techs.

YooShin
02-25-2004, 10:11 AM
Installed my progress springs last friday (2/20). Firm but "compliant" is probably the best way to decribe them. Think of of a last Gen (E36) BMW M3. My brother has Tein S-Techs and his bounce quite a bit more. Only time I can really tell that they are indeed stiff is when I hit large pavement crease going fast. By the way: My drop came out to be about 2.5" all around and they're not settled yet. My bros S-Techs took him down about 2". I've got a lot of pics of the install and drop. Hope this helps.

SiRacer03
02-25-2004, 10:20 AM
I love my Progress springs. They ride very well. You'll need to trim the bumpstops though for better ride quality.

4g63dsm
02-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by phatsi
i dont think they are too rough at all....i will be getting rid of mine hopefully in the next few weeks for a full suspension, i have some serious clunking over bumps that is getting worse and it turns out all my struts are blizown to shit....i cant think of what else it would be...i have installed 4 sets of progress on ep's and both my ep's have had the same shitty situation....i dont think it would be worth it, uninstall...install...alignment....then who knows if you will even like them....if i get my progress off soon and you still might want to change them, you pay shipping and you can have them.... i would be happy to take you up on that offer, how long are you gettgin your full coilovers in? just let me know when

phatsi
02-25-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
i would be happy to take you up on that offer, how long are you gettgin your full coilovers in? just let me know when

i will...i just need to do a bit more research on what ones and pull the trigger....time frame, honestly, i dont know but i will let you know and maybe it will work out for you!!!

chubbychu
02-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Go for H&R. youll love them! i know i do!

02SilverSiHB
02-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
I like the look and ride of my stechs,but i wish they were stiffer. I wasw thinking of trying to pick up ome used progress sproings for cheap. would this be worth the differences, and hassel of unistalling? would i feel a big difference over my stechs? i know they are quiet a bit stiffer. Or if anyone feels like their progress spring are too rough i'd be happy to trade you my stechs.
You will definitely feel a difference..that's why I got rid of my stechs asap.
I'm going to be selling my progress eventually. I'm awaiting on some money to get some tein basics. I don't think the progress are stiff at all imo. The are just right.