PDA

View Full Version : Alignment question

dtexan
02-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Last week me and darkhatch installed progress springs and a front and rear camber kit on my car is there anything special I need to do at the alignment shop I have no idea what the factory specs are i just want to make sure they get it right

thanks dtexan

Peking
02-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by dtexan
Last week me and darkhatch installed progress springs and a front and rear camber kit on my car is there anything special I need to do at the alignment shop I have no idea what the factory specs are i just want to make sure they get it right

thanks dtexan

Yeah, make sure they know you have adjustable camber. So they can adjust it. A good alignment shop will know how much camber to have. Check around in your local area to see where everyone is taking their ride. You want someone who works on sport compacts often and will not charge extra for a lower ride. Some places will, good luck :D

chunky
02-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by dtexan

thanks dtexan

definitely emphasize to them that you have adjustable camber. A lot of shops have a computer that tells the alignment tech how to adjust the camber. The computer will say that the civic si does not have adjustable camber, so they may just fix the toe, and then leave the camber as is.

That happened to me the first time I took my car in. After that, I bitched for a bit, and now only the head tech does the alignments on my car. :D

YooShin
02-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I just installed my Progress springs also. Funny I just replied on another thread about alignment issues. Had a 94 Accord coupe dropped prior to my EP3, and it was tough finding a shop that would align it. And if they did, they often half-ass it and still charge me extra.

BlackSi613nin
02-26-2004, 06:25 PM
not to thread jack, but i am thinkin about upgrading to the mugen sport suspension, will you need an allightment with that, does anyone know? thanks

joHn

Peking
02-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin
not to thread jack, but i am thinkin about upgrading to the mugen sport suspension, will you need an allightment with that, does anyone know? thanks

joHn

I have figured anything involving taking out the springs, you should get an alignment.