PDA

View Full Version : This is why I don't have a CAI...

DavidT
02-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Click on the link and then save. The video pretty much speaks for itself. Sux for me. Keep in mind this was an overnight storm. It's worse when it constantly rains during the winter :eek:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage2.wtdr/i=wMjg5NTM4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

jaydub
02-25-2004, 04:52 PM
hehe yeah fast rain = flooding in las vegas too. I dunno, I figure if I get into a bind, I'll just call my wife to come pick me up in her Tacoma Prerunner. :D

phatfreeza
02-25-2004, 04:54 PM
wow.... thats some crazy water... i can imagine a lot of people going :confused: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: ... i know i would...!! jeez... at least you made it out okay! nice video!

fishboy
02-25-2004, 04:57 PM
i figure if the water isn't deep enough to get in the car then the filter should be cool. of course i haven't measured anything i'm just using my gorilla math. wait, do you live in cali?

k20hatch
02-25-2004, 05:01 PM
WHOA....that sux!:confused:

DavidT
02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
i figure if the water isn't deep enough to get in the car then the filter should be cool. of course i haven't measured anything i'm just using my gorilla math. wait, do you live in cali?

I live in Northern California. It is pretty deep, my door sills (That black plastic part below the door) were wet after driving through. Sux cause I have to drive to and from that "puddle."

Peking
02-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
I live in Northern California. It is pretty deep, my door sills (That black plastic part below the door) were wet after driving through. Sux cause I have to drive to and from that "puddle."

Damn :eek: I don't like that. Do you have another car that you drive?

DavidT
02-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Damn :eek: I don't like that. Do you have another car that you drive?

I have my 84 Toyota 4x4...it's a built rockcrawler and not very streetable :D

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage2.wtdr/i=wMjg5NjA2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I'd splash through that in my yota...but the motor spun a crank bearing or two...maybe all four lol so its in the process of getting a new motor. Can't wait!!! :cool: :D

myeverlovinsir
02-25-2004, 05:37 PM
yep, I'd be backtracking when I saw that in front of me. CAI=OWN3d!

02situner
02-25-2004, 05:58 PM
that is crazy ya if i had a cai and came up to that i would just turn around and try and find another route.

SoCaLep3
02-25-2004, 09:02 PM
dam i wud love to drive that truck through the water haha

02SilverSiHB
02-25-2004, 09:10 PM
LOL, I've been through worse...it's called, "Why I don't have a buddy club front bumper with my cai"

I've had a cai on this car for a long time and gone through crazy ass rain like that in San Antonio.

I also had one on my last civic...1997 Civic EX. Never hydrolocked with that thing.

DavidT
02-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Well...a Civic DX hydrolocked through that mess today. It stopped running half way through that flood and blocked traffic for quite awhile. I was kinda pee'd cause I wanted to get home and play with my new smog machine, but oh well. Waited for like 30 minutes (Cause I could go around, it was deeper going around that Civic) so I had to wait and so did many cars like mine. Only people who drove around the Civic were 4x4 trucks. But a highway patrol came out and cleared it all. Sucked for that Civic driver, if he's stupid enough to drive through that flood then well...

Kis4KEN
02-25-2004, 10:30 PM
lol... hahahha... i live in arizona... its pretty much SUNSHINE 364 days a year. kind of sucks tho. hope it stops raining in cali.

jaydub
02-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Kis4KEN
lol... hahahha... i live in arizona... its pretty much SUNSHINE 364 days a year. kind of sucks tho. hope it stops raining in cali. I always wondered if you guys got rain at all. We get more rain in Vegas than people would believe.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jul-15-Tue-2003/photos/flood.jpg

chubbychu
02-25-2004, 10:42 PM
WOAH! I would have been try to suck water out of my engine lol!

are you SURE its worth the low-end? lol

Kis4KEN
02-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I always wondered if you guys got rain at all. We get more rain in Vegas than people would believe.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jul-15-Tue-2003/photos/flood.jpg

whoa... wtf. we get rain every once in awhile, but i use to live in so. cali... and it never lasted as long as it did in cali., but then again... i've only been here... in az for like 2.5 years

phatfreeza
02-26-2004, 01:49 AM
its been raining cats and dogs here in LA... for... many hours straight now.. glad we're gettin' rain though... and my ep is snugly under the a roof :)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
hehe yeah fast rain = flooding in las vegas too. I dunno, I figure if I get into a bind, I'll just call my wife to come pick me up in her Tacoma Prerunner. :D

OR you could just keep a little screwdriver in your glove box and if it ever starts to flood, just pop your hood and take 10 seconds to disconnect the intake pipe from your throttle body. You'd have to be in some serious 3 foot+ puddle to suck water directly into your throttle body.

jaydub
02-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
OR you could just keep a little screwdriver in your glove box and if it ever starts to flood, just pop your hood and take 10 seconds to disconnect the intake pipe from your throttle body. You'd have to be in some serious 3 foot+ puddle to suck water directly into your throttle body.

yup! I've got a philips head screwdriver in the trunk. Better to suck in a little dirty air than to suck in water.