PDA

View Full Version : our EP next to a SVT

grooveline
10-01-2002, 01:17 PM
I went to the gym last night as usual and what do I see? Dats right, an SVT! Must have been fresh off the dealer showroom cuz it still had the window sticker. anyways, I parked right beside to get a visual comparison.... and you know what? the ford is really ugly. True, while it may be edgy, and stand out, its just ugly. Ours looks very subtle, but the lines of ours compared to the ford are just better. And while I'm here, the 17 inch rims on the fords really aren't that good looking.

ApexinSi
10-01-2002, 01:39 PM
the only thing i have good to say about the SVT is that the stock wheel gap is to die for

SarahVTEC
10-01-2002, 02:26 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Focus SVT looks better than the '02 Si. The SVT comes STOCK with 17" rims, tinted headlights, 6-speed tranny, 170HP, and costs less than the Si! In a lot of ways, it's more advantageous. However, it is a Ford, and Ford is known for their many recalls and mechanical failures.

Jpax
10-01-2002, 02:48 PM
not only that but ITS A FORD.....not only that, they knocked off Vtec with Z tec.

grooveline
10-01-2002, 03:36 PM
and the interior is cheap... those seats looks like they are about as supportive as an alcoholic father....

I just don't like the "edginess" of the design... plus we get better gas milage to boot

SarahVTEC
10-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
and the interior is cheap... those seats looks like they are about as supportive as an alcoholic father....

I just don't like the "edginess" of the design... plus we get better gas milage to boot

Yeah, the interior could use a little work. However, the two-tone leather seats are nice!

As far as the edginess, I like that. The '02 Si is a little too round. Sure, I like the "Bullet Form" design, but c'mon.

hacim
10-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Then why the hell didnt you get an SVT FOcus instead of your Si? Hmmmmm...?

SarahVTEC
10-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by hacim
Then why the hell didnt you get an SVT FOcus instead of your Si? Hmmmmm...?

Simple...I LOVE Honda's!

Type X
10-01-2002, 05:26 PM
honestly i am with the above

i like the SVT "exterior" better than my si

BUT

interior the Si owns all :)

there are 2 svt focus on my block and just my si
i think one dude wants to race me but he is like 50 :) his plate reads FLIPP and he rev in the morning on the way to work

pretty funny imo :)

ortedd
10-01-2002, 05:29 PM
I much prefer the clean lines of my Si to the trim laden focus. . . not to mention the focus's ugly lights.

SBC31
10-01-2002, 06:00 PM
I had a ZX3 for 2 years, and I will never ever again get a FORD no matter what, even any SVT models.

02TafWhtSi
10-01-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by SBC31
I had a ZX3 for 2 years, and I will never ever again get a FORD no matter what, even any SVT models.

what are your major complaints about it?

SBC31
10-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
what are your major complaints about it?
- How bad the fit and finish is, and how everything came loose within a year. Talk about rattles...
- The crappy front brake pads that just wear like crazy. Not too mention how noisy the brakes are.
- All the damn recalls, car spent too much time in the shop.
- Stupid gas gauge never worked properly, even after they changed it twice. Damn thing would not register most times, making it a pain in the ass knowing how much gas was in the car.
- Lack of power with the Zetec engine. This may be better in the SVT, but it sucked in the ZX3.
.................- and many more issues.

SarahVTEC
10-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Type X
honestly i am with the above

i like the SVT "exterior" better than my si

BUT

interior the Si owns all :)

there are 2 svt focus on my block and just my si
i think one dude wants to race me but he is like 50 :) his plate reads FLIPP and he rev in the morning on the way to work

pretty funny imo :)

Agreed! The Si interior has got to be the most well designed and functional interior I have ever been in. Nice seats (prefer JDM Recaro SR4), shifter location, small 3 spoke steering wheel, etc. Much props to Honda for that!

I have only seen 1 SVT on the road. Funny thing, he too was an old guy.

ortedd
10-02-2002, 03:59 AM
same here, that is only the part with the old guy in the svt

02SilverSiHB
10-02-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
the only thing i have good to say about the SVT is that the stock wheel gap is to die for
like our's doesn't have wheel gap :rolleyes:
As for it being ugly, yeah, I can see that. I saw one yesterday on the way home. The front end seems longer than our, or something, I can't figure it out. I don't like it.

blacksvt
10-02-2002, 04:31 PM
The seats are better in the SVT, but the overall interior quality in the SI is better. The SI looks like crap with the stock wheels, but put some rims and tires on it and it does wonders for the car. Stock to stock the SVT is better, if your into modding the SI is the better bet. If your into road course, the SVT owns the hondas. Here is a post from an instructor in Kansas:

Having spenttime with the SVT at both the Bondurant school for comparison testing, and at Heartland Park, Topeka, I can tell you that on a road course it has NO equal!
At Bondurant, the closest competitive vehicle was the Acura RX-S, and simply put, it was'nt pretty. In a controlled atmosphere, (instructors leading the way in these sinister looking Crown Vics sporting window netting and 5-speeds)the Acuras were sent out 3/4's of a lap ahead of the SVTF's, and were caught time after time within 3 laps on a 1.6 mile course. After 3 days of flogging, each one of the 10 Acuras needed either clutches, half shafts, and/or transmissions. The undersized tires howled like a banchee, and the brakes were lousy! The Bondurant guys changed oil and some tires on the SVTF...AND THAT'S ALL!
In Topeka, at a SCCA event, SVTF's ran away and hid from BMW 3 series all day along, and hung with the Porsche 944's for fun...all day long.

Burgh
10-02-2002, 04:46 PM
It's surprising that a lot of you find the Focus to be ugly. It actually think it looks a lot like our cars (and I like it). The only thing that I don't like about the Focii is the placement of the tail lights. I don't feel like looking for it now, but someone put the Si and the Focus next to each other in comparison photographs and the shape was almost identical.

Yeah, the SVTs are supposed to be incredible in the handling department. But put some real tires on our cars and I think many people will be surprised to how much of a difference it will make.