PDA

View Full Version : type-r post

stingyboy
07-02-2002, 06:46 PM
here is a story from the UK type-r boards that really made me smile. check it out:

I have very recently taken delivery of my new CTR and have a problem that I hope someone could help me with.

I took delivery last weekend and got my insurance cover ok, but they stipulated that I have to park in the garage overnight.
Well I finally managed to get my garage cleaned out of all it's junk over the weekend and guess what?
MY CTR DOESN'T FIT !!! Arrrrrrgggghhhhh
Width wise it's fine, but it's the height which is causing me problems. I can get the car in and out but I have to lower the tyre pressures by 20psi to drop it about 35-40 mm.
Now obviously this is a very real pain in the butt
I know I should have measured up first but I just didn't think the CTR would be so high, what with it being a Type R and all.
I can't alter the garage as it's part of a listed building so I guess what I'm hoping to find out is if anyone has started producing lowering springs yet.
I'm looking at going 40-50mm just to be on the safe side as this should bring the CTR down to a more realistic height and hopefully I won't have to keep deflating / inflating my tyres.
Any ideas anyone?
Has anyone lowered theirs yet?
What effect do you think this will have on my warranty?
Other than this niggle, I am quite happy so far except it's not quite as quick as my old Teg.

Thanks in advance for your help

...i have to lower the tyre pressure...to fit in the garage!!
they must live in tiny tiny homes!

:D :D :D

DynaSpeed
07-02-2002, 07:52 PM
What the hell kinda Euro garage doesn't fit an ultra-compact car? i gotta see a picture of this.

SBC31
07-03-2002, 06:10 AM
That is rather funny, I guess car thefts are common over there thus having to park the car indoor. Is this a true story though, this doesn't sound like a typical garage. If a 02 Civic Type R doesn't fit in there, then what's the garage for; "Microcars".

xlr8
07-03-2002, 07:59 AM
what does fit in that garage then? a mini?

HondaMan
07-04-2002, 09:57 AM
LMAO! :D

sharknose
07-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
What the hell kinda Euro garage doesn't fit an ultra-compact car? i gotta see a picture of this.

It gave some of us a bit of laugh over here as well :D

Slight difference between the UK and US in car sizes me thinks.
To us, the new CTR isn't exactly small (I mean a big car to us is something like a Jag or a 7 series BMW).

Most European garages easily accomadate this kind of car ..... unless its an old garage built a hundred or so years ago.

In the UK, some houses have whats called 'Listed Status' which means they are considered to be of historic value, and thus cannot be knocked down or altered in any way. Hence the problem with some garages. New houses don't suffer this problem.

Sometimes its nice to have all these pretty old buildings to look at .... sometimes its just a pain in the a*** though to live with them :D

Cheers,