PDA

View Full Version : How long after owning your car....

sonic imperial
10-01-2002, 01:28 PM
before you need to apply the first wax job? I know it depends alot on the elements of where you drive, but on average, how long do you go between each wax cycle?

DynaSpeed
10-01-2002, 01:35 PM
once every 2 months is a common practice.

ek9jdmhb
10-01-2002, 10:57 PM
when i bought my car, the dealer put a hard wax on it. Even though i dont really know what that does, The paint stayed nice till about last month when i dried my car with a dirty rag and all the swirls came out. I usually wax my cars once every three months

IceD out N CALI
10-04-2002, 04:56 PM
a month. then do it every month thereafter and you'll have nice paint as long as you own the car

jaydub
10-05-2002, 08:22 AM
A lot of it depends on the type of wax you're using. Some formulas will 'layer'. If the wax is optically clear, you can literally add layers indefinitely, as the elements will remove some layers, and you'll be putting them back on. As far as I know, Zaino is one of the only ones which is optically clear.

The reason I stress the importance of optical clarity is because if you have a white car (as I do) and natural wax has a yellowish color to it, you'll see your paint getting a slight tint of yellow to it.

I've always been a fan of a program like this:

Every 6 months:
1) Clay bar the car
2) Paint Cleaner
3) Polish
4) Carnuba Wax

then every 2 mo. or so, I just add a quick layer of carnuba to keep it shiny and protected. Also, Quick Detailers such as meguiars and mother's really seem to help the wax stay intact as well.

Hope this helps. :)

Spidey
10-05-2002, 09:28 AM
i think waxing your car every 6 months is sufficient enough but i guess it depends on local weather conditions too.

SBC31
10-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Do it the lazy man's way......NEVER.......lol!:D

If I ever do wax it, I will get it done by someone else, I'm way too old and lazy for that.

02blksi
10-05-2002, 01:29 PM
my car was professionally detailed exactly one week after getting it . It was done at the same time i tinted my windows :) --joe

btw: i polish/wax every month. --

silver ep
10-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Anyone use Klasse waxes?

IceD out N CALI
10-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
my car was professionally detailed exactly one week after getting it . It was done at the same time i tinted my windows :) --joe

btw: i polish/wax every month. --

jus curious, how much did you pay for the detail?

jaydub
10-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by silver ep
Anyone use Klasse waxes?

I do, and I love them. :cool: