PDA

View Full Version : Future plans to get into 13's...

liljosh63
02-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Alright, I may need a little advice here or some more parts added in but here we go:

Right now i have i/h/e. I'm thinkin adding this should get me into 13's all motor:

a2 head swap (cams, camshafts, valves, valvesprings, retainers, the whole deal)
MSD ignition kit
lightened flywheel
hondata flashed a2 ECU
motor mounts
ground wires

Now i'm sure im missing something or there is something that can be added so please let me know.

The all motor way is one way to go but Turbo isnt beyond me either. Maybe the Greddy or Revhard kit.

Now givin all of that can anyone tell me if going the all motor route will be less pricey than the turbo. Thanks ahead of time

Peking
02-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by liljosh63
Right now i have i/h/e. I'm thinkin adding this should get me into 13's all motor:
MSD ignition kit
lightened flywheel
hondata flashed a2 ECU
motor mounts
ground wires
The all motor way is one way to go but Turbo isnt beyond me either. Maybe the Greddy or Revhard kit.
Now givin all of that can anyone tell me if going the all motor route will be less pricey than the turbo. Thanks ahead of time

All motor will give you the most props. Yet I feel boost done correctly is just as cool. So how much do A2 heads go for? Cause I would consider the Revhard Stage 1 more. Could be around the same price, and the turbo will be easier to get more power out of and upgrade. For about $2600 if I remember correctly. Swaping seems more time consuming, and might be more difficult to do. I don't know just a thought.

liljosh63
02-26-2004, 02:55 PM
i didnt think head swaps costed that much...i figured maybe a thousand at most. Maybe im wrong.

But anyway, turbo does sound a good way to go but i do know it does sound better when you tell someone that you just beat them with an ALL MOTOR civic.

SiRacer03
02-26-2004, 03:11 PM
But all motor doesn't give that BOV sound that most people want/like to hear.

Peking
02-26-2004, 03:18 PM
i didnt think head swaps costed that much...i figured maybe a thousand at most. Maybe im wrong.
But anyway, turbo does sound a good way to go but i do know it does sound better when you tell someone that you just beat them with an ALL MOTOR civic.

I don't know, but lets say $1000...

MSD ignition kit
lightened flywheel
hondata flashed a2 ECU
motor mounts
ground wires

A2 Head $1000
Toda Cams $1200
MSD ignition $200-$400
Lightened flywheel $200-$300
A2 Ecu unknown, Flash program Hondata $595. Could look at the Toda package which includes a flash program with new cams forgot how much.
Motor mount inserts $20-$30
Ground Wires $50-$110

So maybe like around $3580 not including install costs. So I say boost :D

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-27-2004, 05:35 AM
I don't think your stock bottom end is strong enough to handle the increased RPM's (8600rpm)of the A2 reflash.

ChromedOutSi
02-27-2004, 07:00 AM
nos n turbo, thats wut i'm gonna do. shootin fo 12s.

Peking
02-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ChromedOutSi

Yeah good luck on trying to boost and use N/X :confusem:

You can't even form a complete sentance, how do you expect to know how to use both Turbo and N/X.

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-27-2004, 08:01 AM

You better have one hell of a built engine to do that. First you need to learn alittle bit about the car, if I remember correctly you are the same guy who is trying to rev to 8,000 rpm because "your buddies with hondas can."

I'm usually not the one to flame people, but you need to learn how to spell, you talk like a 12yr old wanna be gangsta!

STP03BlueSI
02-27-2004, 12:33 PM

Make sure you shift before 7k...not after.:D

Siman
02-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Alright, I may need a little advice here or some more parts added in but here we go:

MSD ignition kit
lightened flywheel
hondata flashed a2 ECU
motor mounts
ground wires

Now i'm sure im missing something or there is something that can be added so please let me know.

Pistons...higher compression from Toda or some other company...better valve train other than stock A2 stuff remember the Hondata reflash for the A2 goes to 8500-9000 depending on if you want there type-r 8500 rev limit or there other refash that goes to 9K....

oh, and the 6 speed...you forgot that...:D ;)

myeverlovinsir
02-27-2004, 08:21 PM
After the DC5R tranny, CMIII clutch and Fidanza (8lb) fly are in next week, and the cluch is properly broken in, I hope to see where I am on the track before any tuning begins with the Kpro. I expect that in the second week of March I will make a few runs to see where things are. Should give you a good estimate of what it takes NA before tuning to get into the 13's. The level 2 driveshafts are on order and need to go in before I run the BF slicks.

4g63dsm
02-28-2004, 03:45 AM
if you wanna go all motor jsut get an a2 swap. Its the same amount of money and the head swap has yet to be dyno proven.

dofu
02-28-2004, 04:08 AM
i'd get the entire swap, sell the si setup, then get bolt-ons. way sweeter... and to all you boost lovers... boost is so nice to have and the BOV sound is beautiful, but IMO, all motor hondas sound so sweet with the right set-up... i'd trade the car in if i wanted boost...

btw... expect to be spending more money than turbo if you want low n/a times

liljosh63
02-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Yea it will take more money and time than turbo but thats cool, I'm a patient person. Thanks for all of the help

myeverlovinsir
02-28-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
if you wanna go all motor jsut get an a2 swap. Its the same amount of money and the head swap has yet to be dyno proven.

What the hell are you talking about? Dyno proven, shit I dyno'd it a week after it went in and have over 3500kms on it. :rolleyes:

PAPITUYO326
02-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
After the DC5R tranny, CMIII clutch and Fidanza (8lb) fly are in next week, and the cluch is properly broken in, I hope to see where I am on the track before any tuning begins with the Kpro. I expect that in the second week of March I will make a few runs to see where things are. Should give you a good estimate of what it takes NA before tuning to get into the 13's. The level 2 driveshafts are on order and need to go in before I run the BF slicks.

:drool:

i cant wait to see results