PDA

View Full Version : Size of frontmount?

tekgnosis
02-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, me again.

Out of curiosity, what size of front mount do you guys have? I've seen a few generic ones, but I'm not sure what size to get. I was thinking 18x6x3, as the cutout in the front bumper is pretty tiny.

any help would be hot.

thanks

02SilverSiHB
02-27-2004, 11:14 AM
?:confused:

RiCeCoOkEr1280
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
I think he's talkin' about an intercooler..... that would be my guess....

tekgnosis
02-27-2004, 11:51 AM
sorry, I thought that would have been obvious, my bad.

yes, I'm asking about the size of a frontmount intercooler.

WideBody EP3
02-27-2004, 02:24 PM
my rev hard intercooler is 27"Lx6.5"Wx3"thick

tekgnosis
02-27-2004, 02:27 PM
excellent...exactly what I was looking for.

how was fitment with all the pipes and what not?

did you have to cut any part of the frame/subframe, or just the bumper? or did you even have to cut the bumper?

WideBody EP3
02-27-2004, 02:29 PM
couldn't tell you just got it in last friday and won't be installing it till mid march

tekgnosis
02-27-2004, 02:31 PM
kewl kewl, just thought I'd ask.

the dimensions are good to know.

I was thinking anything more than 6" high would be wasteful, because the opening in the bumper is fairly small...

kewl, thanks man!

WideBody EP3
02-27-2004, 02:33 PM
no prob

02SilverSiHB
02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by tekgnosis
sorry, I thought that would have been obvious, my bad.

yes, I'm asking about the size of a frontmount intercooler.
LOL, no, my bad. I had suspension on the mind when I read this...doh, it was obvious

Ph0nK
03-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by WideBody EP3
my rev hard intercooler is 27"Lx6.5"Wx3"thick

Is width including the end tanks or just the core size? Do you know what the overall width is with the endtanks?

danoonez
03-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, me again.

How's the custom kit coming?

You're my inspiration:cool:

tekgnosis
03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I haven't started the intercooler piping yet, but I plan on buying most of the materials from local shops (Princess Auto/Home Depot/etc). They have all of the silicone hosing for relatively cheap (cheaper than you can find on ebay!).

That's my plan for now :)

in the meantime, I'm collecting more parts for the kit. I've just recently aquired the injectors. Now on to the fuel management...

oh yeah, btw: my intercooler core is 18x6x3, and is 23x6x3 with endtanks.

Edit: I think I'm going with the HKS S-AFR, but I'm not sure. Also, do you or anyone know where to get JE pistons for cheap? I think I might step up the kit a bit to make it more reliable...reliability is my main goal/concern...otherwise the wife will kill me for destroying our new car :) hehehe

Ph0nK
03-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I haven't started the intercooler piping yet, but I plan on buying most of the materials from local shops (Princess Auto/Home Depot/etc). They have all of the silicone hosing for relatively cheap (cheaper than you can find on ebay!).

That's my plan for now :)

in the meantime, I'm collecting more parts for the kit. I've just recently aquired the injectors. Now on to the fuel management...

oh yeah, btw: my intercooler core is 18x6x3, and is 23x6x3 with endtanks.

Edit: I think I'm going with the HKS S-AFR, but I'm not sure. Also, do you or anyone know where to get JE pistons for cheap? I think I might step up the kit a bit to make it more reliable...reliability is my main goal/concern...otherwise the wife will kill me for destroying our new car :) hehehe

I'm not too familiar with the S-AFR, is it a lot like the VAFC (basically tweaking fuel maps by a percentage based on RPMS and throttle position)? Along the same lines, would a VAFC be able to manage fuel for a boosted EP?

tekgnosis
03-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Ph0nK: Yup, the S-AFR is the same principle as the VAFC, except it doesn't have the VTEC crossover control.

it can adjust air/fuel ratios by up to 50% from stock, so yup, it'll handle a boosted application.

Ph0nK
03-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Ph0nK: Yup, the S-AFR is the same principle as the VAFC, except it doesn't have the VTEC crossover control.

it can adjust air/fuel ratios by up to 50% from stock, so yup, it'll handle a boosted application.

Now, another honda buddy was telling me that factory ECUs don't do anything bad until they see about 15lbs of boost, and they they just throw a CEL or something. SOmeone else mentioned that the fuel would just cut out if the ECU saw _any_ boost. Can someone clarify this? IT's the difference between budgeting money for a S-AFR/VAFC or that and something else to tweak the MAP signal.

SFPracing
03-23-2004, 02:54 PM
The large SFP one is 30X12X3.5" and the small one is 24X8X3.5"