PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Jacson Racing header?

Exit117K20
02-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Definitely getting this header no matter what, i just wanted some ffedback before I shell out the $$. How's it feel, how's it sound? Also if you have it, where'd you get it and for how much. I think $600 is a little expensive, but that's right from JR so I think I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Peking
02-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Exit117K20
Definitely getting this header no matter what, i just wanted some ffedback before I shell out the $$. How's it feel, how's it sound? Also if you have it, where'd you get it and for how much. I think $600 is a little expensive, but that's right from JR so I think I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Here are some threads...

click (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17384&highlight=jackson+racing+header)

click (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28420&highlight=Jackson+Racing+Header)

I don't have this header, yet I do remember a few folks having it. It kinda costs two times more than a reg. header, since it gets rid of the cat. More power is made (better flow), so you ask yourself is it worth the cost of better performance, and the cel coming on (there are a few o2 sims, yet they are inconsistant). Also if you live in certain places, risk of severe punishment for not having a cat.

Exit117K20
02-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback bro...I had already seen these posts though and thye weren't too helpful...a lot of mish mash and people talking in circles. But anyway thanks on the heads up, and helping out a newb...good looks.

TezGari
02-28-2004, 01:06 AM
My set up would be (wish) HKS, INJEN RD, and JR Race header..

Nice bolt on setup!

Peking
02-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Exit117K20
Thanks for the feedback bro...I had already seen these posts though and thye weren't too helpful...a lot of mish mash and people talking in circles. But anyway thanks on the heads up, and helping out a newb...good looks.

Yeah sorry I couldn't be anymore help, just posted those links incase you haven't read them. Your right about the circles LOL :D

STP03BlueSI
02-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Here are some threads...

click (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17384&highlight=jackson+racing+header)

click (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28420&highlight=Jackson+Racing+Header)

I don't have this header, yet I do remember a few folks having it. It kinda costs two times more than a reg. header, since it gets rid of the cat. More power is made (better flow), so you ask yourself is it worth the cost of better performance, and the cel coming on (there are a few o2 sims, yet they are inconsistant). Also if you live in certain places, risk of severe punishment for not having a cat.

But for that punishment you have to get caught first;)

DynaSpeed
02-28-2004, 12:18 PM
and thye weren't too helpful...a lot of mish mash and people talking in circles.

what exactly is the question, then? Is there something specific that wasn't brought up in those threads? <---- Not sarcastic, it just sounded like it was when I re-read it.

It's just a header... yes, it's more expensive than a regular aftermarket header. Yes, it throws a CEL. Yes, it is cat-less.

Peking
02-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
what exactly is the question, then? Is there something specific that wasn't brought up in those threads? <---- Not sarcastic, it just sounded like it was when I re-read it.

It's just a header... yes, it's more expensive than a regular aftermarket header. Yes, it throws a CEL. Yes, it is cat-less.

Don't take it personaly player :D

DynaSpeed
02-28-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm really not... I knew it was gonna come off sounding bad.

:)

caligula
02-28-2004, 06:33 PM
i have the jackson racing race header i bought it from summit racing for about $467.00 is not loud since i dont have a cat back im running the stock exhaust it has a nice deep sound performance is good low end and top end, since im not running the stock cat smells alittle bit big problem tough is the check engine light i install a simulator and it didnt work im just going to deal with it for now i hope this is enough information for you if i were you ill get it and youll see what im talking about.

cpu519
02-29-2004, 10:17 AM
I got the header used (two months old) with a high flow cat already installed in the test pipe, I paid $350. No cel and it's a little bit quieter actually than the stock RSX Type S header and cat that I was running. It has a smoother sound. The header did hit my stock sway bar though. I know DynaSpeed didn't have any problems and others also, but some RSX owners also had interference. I had to mod some aftermarket sway bar bushings to gain clearance. I'm going to get an aftermarket sway bar, something that I was going to do anyway. Some bars that have more clearance are the Toda (25mm, solid), Whiteline (I think it's 25mm, solid), and Neuspeed (27mm, tubular), I'm going with Neuspeed. Hotchkis was supposed to redesign their bar, but I'm not sure if they did. The Hotchkis bar (only for the RSX right now) is 25mm and tubular which is the same as the stock Si.

Jackson Racing did have some headers go out with the head flange welded on upside down, so they definitely had some quality control problems (the headers are built by Jardine). Maybe the headers that hit the sway bar were assembled slightly off but the problem was not visible.