PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Licence Plate Holder

DownTheHatch
07-02-2002, 07:29 PM
Anyone besides me remove this big plastic piece behind your license plate? It snaps off from it's clips and looks alot better without it on there.

SBC31
07-03-2002, 06:11 AM
I take it you mean the plate on the hatch? If so won't the plate now scratch your paint?

Have any pics yet.

SiCivic2k2
07-03-2002, 12:30 PM
I removed mine. Who cares about scratches? It's covered by a license plate forever! :D

grooveline
07-11-2002, 07:50 AM
I'll be getting a license plate frame that states "my other ride is your girlfriend"

SiCivic2k2
07-11-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
I'll be getting a license plate frame that states "my other ride is your girlfriend"

And then you'll also be getting keyed, egged, and maybe even bombed. :D

stingyboy
07-11-2002, 10:38 PM
i like the plastic holder because i use it to close the hatch instead of the paint.

SBC31
07-12-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by stingyboy
i like the plastic holder because i use it to close the hatch instead of the paint.
Note that there is also a handle/groove inside the hatch on the right side to help you in closing the hatch.

MoodySi
07-17-2002, 02:22 PM
I took my plate holders off without any trouble.

Sooky
07-17-2002, 02:44 PM
has anyone just painted it? cuz that's what i'm thinking..... but the nearest custom paint store is 30 mins away from me - kinda lazy

SBC31
07-17-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Sooky
has anyone just painted it? cuz that's what i'm thinking..... but the nearest custom paint store is 30 mins away from me - kinda lazy Painting it is a great idea. You could simply use any automotive paint that will work good on plastic. You can also add some clear coat to it after to make it last and so on.

stingyboy
07-18-2002, 09:32 AM
but do you have to break the clips to get it off the car?

SpeedRacer
07-18-2002, 06:25 PM
I will leave my dealer plates on for as long as possible which means until i get pulled over and the cops give me a fix it ticket which is 10 dollars. Why? because thare is cameras at the stoplights around here and i already had my picture taken at a light in my old civic it way 270 bucks, no thanks i will leave my dealer plates on for as long as i can. But if thare were not cameras at the stop lights i would take that plastic shit off in a sec. i always have in my last 2 cars it looks better and it takes weight off:) you can also take off the cover that goes over your headers to save weight that thing dosnt do anything accept prevent you from burning your self on the headers so just dont touch your headers for a while after driving around and you will be ok.

SmoothOperator
07-18-2002, 07:46 PM
but do you have to break the clips to get it off the car?

That's what I would like to know! Fill me in here...

SBC31
07-19-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
I will leave my dealer plates on for as long as possible which means until i get pulled over and the cops give me a fix it ticket which is 10 dollars. Why? because thare is cameras at the stoplights around here and i already had my picture taken at a light in my old civic it way 270 bucks, no thanks i will leave my dealer plates on for as long as i can. But if thare were not cameras at the stop lights i would take that plastic shit off in a sec. i always have in my last 2 cars it looks better and it takes weight off:) you can also take off the cover that goes over your headers to save weight that thing dosnt do anything accept prevent you from burning your self on the headers so just dont touch your headers for a while after driving around and you will be ok.
Now I'm confused what does having dealer plates on have to do with removing the rear plate holder??? Are your dealer plates like locked on there? What does the holder have to do with traffic cameras? Oh and as for weight from the plastic holder?

SpeedRacer
07-19-2002, 11:51 AM
well if i alter my back license plate thare is more of a chance of getting pulled over and asked about my plates and then i will et a fix it ticket and have to put on the real license plate. So i want to go as long as possible without being asked any questions about my dealer plates. get it now? and i was kidding about the weight thing. maybe im just not good at explaining myself clearly.