PDA

View Full Version : What are the best tires out there?

t-rex
02-27-2004, 08:17 PM
In your opinion, what are the best performance (daily driven) tires for our car for our car, but also a good value?

If you want to be specific, talk about what you like/dislike about them, how much you paid, etc. And if you chose "other" tell in your post which ones.

Feel free to mention other brands that aren't listed if you like them the best: Pirelli, Kumho, Dunlop, Michelin, etc. Same goes for other models of the brands listed.

Vertigo
02-27-2004, 08:34 PM
I have the Yokahama parada's and love them. I got them for $107 each. 215/40/17.

Tenacious G
02-27-2004, 09:24 PM
that's a subjective question. what will be the main purpose of your car? daily driver? 1/4 mile? auto-x?

chunky
02-27-2004, 09:42 PM
for max grip in a street tire. . . you can't beat the bfg g-force KD in 225/50/15 on the ep3.

evilep3
02-27-2004, 09:43 PM
id like to know what are the best tires to run on stock rims, because i hate the tires that are on there now and im sure everyone else does too

02SilverSiHB
02-27-2004, 10:32 PM
I say azenis from the list you just showed. They are the stickiest and cheapest. I hate my toyo proxies fz4. Don't ever get these tires. They're okay and great for daily driving and can take tons of abuse..but when it comes to handling during autocross, I hate them...another reason why I just bought some new tires/rims
Bridgestone is great too, but expensive...if you have the money, get the s03's pole position...great tires!

02SilverSiHB
02-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by chunky
for max grip in a street tire. . . you can't beat the bfg g-force KD in 225/50/15 on the ep3.
LOL, no kidding...too bad I didn't get those :o

DrtyTexan
02-27-2004, 10:47 PM
i read somewhere that Kumho ECSTA Supra 712's are good so i got them mounted on my new rims...can yall give me any info on them

02SilverSiHB
02-27-2004, 11:00 PM
they are okay. not bad, but not blazing grippy. what size?

Low Rider
02-28-2004, 12:22 AM
I currently run on the Bridgestone S03's. I have tried just about every respectable tire on the market and have raced on many brands as well. I have to say that there is no other street tire out there for me. This tire is awesome in all conditions. In my opinion, these guys bury the competition!:D

t-rex
02-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I say azenis from the list you just showed. They are the stickiest and cheapest. I hate my toyo proxies fz4. Don't ever get these tires. They're okay and great for daily driving and can take tons of abuse..but when it comes to handling during autocross, I hate them...another reason why I just bought some new tires/rims
Bridgestone is great too, but expensive...if you have the money, get the s03's pole position...great tires!

Actually, I just had these put on my car today, (in part after I read that you and many other members have these), but mostly because I didn't like the cheap tires I had on, and Les Schwab (local tire chain) let me trade those in toward these. And the only performance tires they carry are the Proxes.

I don't plan to AutoX them, so I hope they'll be OK :(
Do you know how long they're supposed to last?

I'm curious, how much did you pay for yours? Mine were $107 each for 205/55/15.

And you're a mod, right? Could you add Yokohama Paradas to my poll? Oh, and I spelled Proxes wrong (there's no i) Thanks.

dofu
02-28-2004, 03:11 AM
how is this a poll asking for which tires are the best out there without pirellis, yokohamas, or dunlops???
imo yokohamas are sweet, but if you want true performance, you cant beat a good set of dunlops... i love the way the sp8000s handle. their fm901s arent bad either... but if your gonna spend that kinda money, go with the sp8000s. a bit pricier, but great tires with great grip. treadwear isnt all that great tho, but it'll last a few months. performance-wise i'd have to say they are the best... i paid around $650 for all four (hooked up), on my stockies, mounted balanced and installed... worth every penny and more :D

Low Rider
02-28-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by dofu
how is this a poll asking for which tires are the best out there without pirellis, yokohamas, or dunlops???
imo yokohamas are sweet, but if you want true performance, you cant beat a good set of dunlops... i love the way the sp8000s handle. their fm901s arent bad either... but if your gonna spend that kinda money, go with the sp8000s. a bit pricier, but great tires with great grip. treadwear isnt all that great tho, but it'll last a few months. performance-wise i'd have to say they are the best... i paid around $650 for all four (hooked up), on my stockies, mounted balanced and installed... worth every penny and more :D

I have used the SP8000's before and must agree with dofu... they are a great tire for the money. The Bridgestone S-03's are superior in the rain and warm up a lot faster but they cost way more too. I have fond memories of my old SP8000's - a great tire - truly!!!:D

HondaMan
02-28-2004, 06:28 AM
I'm running on Azenis due to AutoX events but my car is a daily driver as well. So, my vote was for Azenis.

t-rex, I edited your poll per your request. :)

irrational
02-28-2004, 09:32 AM
i did alot of research when it came to buying tires. there were alot of factors i was considering:

- price
- treadwear
- size
- traction
- wheel protection
- tire weight (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16981)<--------------link

i ended up buying the nitto neo gens in 215-45-17. very happy with them.

02SilverSiHB
02-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by t-rex
Actually, I just had these put on my car today, (in part after I read that you and many other members have these), but mostly because I didn't like the cheap tires I had on, and Les Schwab (local tire chain) let me trade those in toward these. And the only performance tires they carry are the Proxes.

I don't plan to AutoX them, so I hope they'll be OK :(
Do you know how long they're supposed to last?

I'm curious, how much did you pay for yours? Mine were $107 each for 205/55/15.

And you're a mod, right? Could you add Yokohama Paradas to my poll? Oh, and I spelled Proxes wrong (there's no i) Thanks.
I can't remember how much I payed for mine, they came with the rims...17's. You'll be okay, they are just fine for daily driving, I'm just expecting more grip for my spirited driving/autocrossing days. They will last for quite a while, especially since you have them in 15" By the way, the amount you payed is good considering they are toyos...but you could have had the same thing from a nother tire for less imo.

dofu
02-28-2004, 11:41 AM
irrational brings up a good point about what "best" means... price is a big factor to even me at times, and sometimes i jus dont give a damn and decide to go all out for my ride... as long as i get what i paid for and not gettin ripped a new one, iz all good... the dunlops still have my vote... btw, the sp8000 are way lighter than the fm901s

i want the sp9000s on my 18s, but dunlops dont make 215/--/18:( :'(

t-rex
02-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
I'm running on Azenis due to AutoX events but my car is a daily driver as well. So, my vote was for Azenis.

t-rex, I edited your poll per your request. :)

Hey thanks! I was looking at your site, and wondered: are those 15s on your car? They don't look too bad with the drop, actually. Mine are Kosei K1s in 15" and I thought they looked so small, but can't afford to spring for new wheels right now. What size are your Azenis?

HondaMan
02-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey thanks! I was looking at your site, and wondered: are those 15s on your car? They don't look too bad with the drop, actually. Mine are Kosei K1s in 15" and I thought they looked so small, but can't afford to spring for new wheels right now. What size are your Azenis?

No problem & yes, they are 15s and I'm running on 205/50/R15 Azenis (the only 15 inch Azenis option). I could drop my EP more and they would probably look better, but it's as low as I should go since it is a daily driver.

t-rex
02-28-2004, 12:51 PM
And you have the Tein basics on now, right? If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost for the set + install?

t-rex
02-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by irrational
i did alot of research when it came to buying tires. there were alot of factors i was considering:

- price
- treadwear
- size
- traction
- wheel protection
- tire weight (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16981)<--------------link

i ended up buying the nitto neo gens in 215-45-17. very happy with them.

I've got to tell you, man...those Work Emotion wheels have got to be the coolest wheels I've ever seen. Nice job:cool:

FCobra94
02-28-2004, 05:47 PM
How would you guys rate the Yoko ES100's to the one's you've already mentioned? I was considering those when I go w/ a 205/50/16 setup in the next couple of months or so...

graham
02-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
How would you guys rate the Yoko ES100's to the one's you've already mentioned? I was considering those when I go w/ a 205/50/16 setup in the next couple of months or so...

I currently have the ES100s ... the only tire that I can compare it to are the kumho supras. In my opinion, the ES100s handle better dry & wet, brake better, last longer and are much quieter. I like them a lot for daily, aggressive driving. They don't quite cut it at the track though - they get buttery after a couple hot laps ... it's not really a bad thing, as they are always predictable ... and they never chunk out . They sound great as well ... they only let out a slight howl at the limit.

I think I'll try the S03s next ... but I can't upgrade yet as there is at least another season on the ES100s!

02SilverSiHB
02-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by graham
I currently have the ES100s ... the only tire that I can compare it to are the kumho supras. In my opinion, the ES100s handle better dry & wet, brake better, last longer and are much quieter. I like them a lot for daily, aggressive driving. They don't quite cut it at the track though - they get buttery after a couple hot laps ... it's not really a bad thing, as they are always predictable ... and they never chunk out . They sound great as well ... they only let out a slight howl at the limit.

I think I'll try the S03s next ... but I can't upgrade yet as there is at least another season on the ES100s!
yeah, I figured with the tread wear rating it won't be all that sticky like the s03's. I almost bought the s03's but I didn't want to spend an extra 240 for tires on top of what I spent

HondaMan
02-28-2004, 08:50 PM
And you have the Tein basics on now, right? If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost for the set + install?

They cost around $900 shipped via ShowStoppersUSA (a vendor here & ask for Chuck or Rocky)...the install just cost me dinner & drinks for my buddy & his wife, which was around $45. My buddy and I installed them ourselves.

02SilverSiHB
02-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
They cost around $900 shipped via ShowStoppersUSA (a vendor here & ask for Chuck or Rocky)...the install just cost me dinner & drinks for my buddy & his wife, which was around $45. My buddy and I installed them ourselves.
you can get them a tad cheaper at robearracing.com now http://www4.robearracing.com/pd_tein_basic_coilover_kit.cfm
It came at to about 879 shipped...20 bucks cheaper.

irrational
02-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I've got to tell you, man...those Work Emotion wheels have got to be the coolest wheels I've ever seen. Nice job:cool: thanx mani like em too. wish they were a few pounds lighter though.

zum_zum
02-29-2004, 08:08 AM
i just want to add a little bit on my tire experience and philosophy. i hope it's useful...

please keep in mind much of this is based on performance driving with different vehicles. i'm also a firm believer in using different tire/wheels for different purposes. for that reason, i have a separate set of wheels/tires for autocrossing and track events.

one main point i like to stress about performance street tires is rotation. if you don't rotate the tire FREQUENTLY, like every 3-4k, their longevity will be shortened immensely. if you can take an hour to wash and wax your car, a 1/2 hour to rotate your tires is no big deal.

here we go:

falken azenis - terrific grip, great price, as close to race tires for the street as i've driven on. SCARY in standing water, loud when they start to wear out. very heavy in weight.

bridgestone pp s-o3 - similar to the azenis is grip, but expensive. EXCELLENT hydro resistance.

yokohama es 100 - nice for everyday driving, great in the rain, wears quickly like every other yoko i've owned. great price! i would take these over the kuhmo 712.

Kuhmo 712 - great price, nice everyday tire. long-wearing silica compound. great for day-to-day performance edge on a budget.

BFG KDW - can't say i know too much about these. i used to compete on bfg r1s and i miss those tires. bfg sorta fell off the map a few years back. the kdws are pricey.

toyo t1-s - lightweight tire, decent grip...mushy sidewall. toyo makes a very high-quality tire, but i don't think the price is worth it compared to others in the same market.

falken 451 - just bought these for everyday on the skiivie, better turn in than the avs, slightly better grip, too.

dunlop fm 901 - loud. price is coming down because earlier versions were subpar as 'performance' tires. i don't know if they changed the tread compound since.

sp8000 - similar to the so-3, not as grippy. discontinued, i believe, so be careful buying these...ruin one tire and you be stuck with a mismatched set.

those are the tires i saw mentioned i have experience with. i stay away from all-seasons as a rule of thumb. i think a set of tires for the summer and a set for the winter is the way to go and will last longer. all-seasons just aren't grippy enough for my personal tastes, too much grip is sacrificed in the compound and tread design for winter use.

t-rex
02-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Great write up, zum_zum! Thanks for the input...I found it very useful, and I'm sure others will too. Wow, have you personally bought all of those tires for your own vehicles, or do you work in a capacity that allows you to test out tires?

redronin22
02-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
I currently run on the Bridgestone S03's. I have tried just about every respectable tire on the market and have raced on many brands as well. I have to say that there is no other street tire out there for me. This tire is awesome in all conditions. In my opinion, these guys bury the competition!:D

even compared to azenis? have u tried neo gens? just curous thanks in advance. i need new rubbers for my car looking for 215-17-40

t-rex
02-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Does anyone care to comment on the Proxes 4? I believe it replaced the FZ4 and has just come out.

http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/high_perf/proxes4_images/proxes4_large.jpg

zum_zum
02-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Great write up, zum_zum! Thanks for the input...I found it very useful, and I'm sure others will too. Wow, have you personally bought all of those tires for your own vehicles, or do you work in a capacity that allows you to test out tires?

just an older enthusiast with waaaaay too much track time invested. :eek:

zum_zum
02-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
even compared to azenis? have u tried neo gens? just curous thanks in advance. i need new rubbers for my car looking for 215-17-40

I would take the s03 over the azenis. pricey, though.

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 02:27 PM
I went with the Yokahama AVS ES100's 235/40/17's:D

Not a squeek or blip from em. I point, they go!

LINK (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100)

http://we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjkyNzI3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

IIx 03 EP xII
02-29-2004, 05:11 PM
what about falken ziex's? i have them on my slips... and they seem fairy sticky especially compared to the stock tires. i can feel when i shift more now... instead of barking really hard. what do yall think about them?

Low Rider
02-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by redronin22

Honestly, I haven't run the Azenis... I have, however, run on many styles of Bridgestones, Michelins, Dunlops and Yokos... These are all 'good' tires but the S-03's are 'great' in my opinion. Michelins are awesome also but they wear very quickly and cost a bundle. The Dunlop SP8000 is a wicked tire for the money - you can often find them on sale. Yokos are garbage - I know I will probably take some flack for saying that but I've run on enough of them to know. They don't even come close to running with the big boys. They are quite a bit cheaper but I don't think it's worth the compromise: they wear quickly, they're loud as hell, and they suck in wet weather. ;)

zum_zum
02-29-2004, 07:33 PM
the es100 were a good upgrade to the michelins that came with the car. all yokos i've had wore quickly. it really depends on your habits and how often you rotate. i think for their price, the es 100 are stickier than the kuhmos, but the kumhos will last longer. it's a preference issue. i'm just relaying some hard-earned experience into my opinions. take it at face value.

a lot of drivers never will use their tires to their fullest potential. not an insult, just an observation. someday i'll talk about what it was like to run a summer daily driver on race tires...that was too much fun. :D

my preferences lead me to have two tall stacks of tires mounted to wheels for different events. it's more of a curse than a blessing. :p

Grookes
02-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Zum, thanks for a GREAT synopsis. I was torn between the Falken Azenis and the Kumho Ecstas and you talked me into the Kumhos. (That and a friend of mine in his GTI keeps singing praises of them.) I found some on tirerack.com for $61. Not too shabby. Thanks again!

ep3k20a03
02-29-2004, 11:02 PM
pradas spec II are definitly sticky...but for everyday driving...probably azenis b/c they are cheap and work better than most tires on rainy condition. kumos escta supra suppose to be really good in the rain as well...at least that is what i was told...could be wrong though :D :D

zum_zum
03-01-2004, 06:34 AM
i have azenis on the Miata. Great in the dry, but when it gets wet, it can get dicey.

greenguy
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Jumping Jesus on a po-go stick! EVERYONE knows that Pirelli makes the best tires in the world! PERIOD!:D

chunky
03-01-2004, 05:05 PM
the michelin pilot sport are also a great tire that doesn't get mentioned very often. they have limited availiblity in sizes if you don't have 17" wheels.

the goodyear eagle f1 ds3 supposedly is also a great tire (comprable to pilot sport, but availible in 15" tire sizes).

but I stand by my original assesment, the g-force KD = ultimate street tire. The tread starts to look exactly like an r-compound when heated up. you get crazy tire boogers all over the surface of the tire after a hard run. They also have a broader temp range than the azenis - they don't mind getting really hot, and they also come up to temperature a bit quicker.

the only drawback is price. the tire is definitely a "baller" tire.

Chinaboy
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
if you live in a an area with rain most the time...

azenis are out of the question... great tires when dry... but are not good in wet weather...

best tires in my opinon is the Toyo Proxies... for daily driver... more expensive daily driver would be SO3. Best race tires wern't even listed here... ADVAN AO32Rs... can't beat thoses.

zum_zum
03-01-2004, 09:14 PM
i drove on kuhmo v700s last summer on the miata. 2300lbs, 210 RWHP, 12 psi. exit ramps at 80mph, no braking, no worries.

that was fun. :D

03silverEP
03-04-2004, 01:31 PM
rain & dry cheap -Kumho 712, Yoko ES100
dry cheap -Falken Azenis or Kumho MX
rain & dry $$ -Pirelli P-Zero, Potenza S-03, BFG KDW or Toyo T1-S
dry $$ -BFG g-force KD
dry race $$ -Hoosiers, Advans, etc...

redronin22
03-05-2004, 11:05 PM
do advan tires come in 17"? if so where can i buy them in socal...
just curious.

SpoonEP3
03-07-2004, 06:33 PM
falken azenis are real good tires, but i like Bridgestone Potenzas more because for those of you who have or had falken azenis knows that it handles like crap during rainning days....

03silverEP
03-08-2004, 05:04 PM
www.tirerack.com sells hoosier, advan (yoko), and pirelli race spec. tires, (although we don't get the really sticky ones that japan does...)

CIVICBOOST
03-09-2004, 11:01 PM
What about the new Falken Azenis? the ST-115's have water channels etc. Anyone compared them to the old Azenis RT-215's? You can see them at Falken Tires (http://www.Falkentire.com)

irrational
03-10-2004, 12:26 PM
dont look like they would be nearly as good but how would anybody when they dont put specs about the new tire on their site. maybe im just blind and cant find em.

EP3_DC5
03-10-2004, 02:24 PM
I've had a bunch of different tires on the EP3 and the RSX so I;ll list what my feelings are with each.

Bridgestone Potenza S03: Best all around street tire you can buy. One of the best tires in the rain, very very good dry grip (close to Azenis), not too loud and has ok treadwear. If you have the money, this is the tire to get.

Bridgestone Potenza RE040: Very similar to the S03, the more it wears the better it sticks, and last a bit longer than the S03s, but are also very $$$.

Falken Azenis Sports: Best bang for your buck street tire you can buy. Has the best dry grip of any street tire and is as close to an R compound as you can get. It is better than the BFG KD because it has a stiffer sidewall and just seems to stick better (most autoXers that have tried them would agree). The sidewalls are very stiff (also the reason they are quite hefty), and they have great response and break away progressively. However, they aren't the greatest Lapping days, due to the fact that they get "greasy" as they get too hot and lose grip.

Yokohama ES100: Just got these for the EP and they seem to be fantastic. They have close to the same level of grip as the RE040s, but are a little louder and I think not quite as good in the rain. For the money these are absolutely GREAT though. I think that these are a better daily driving tire than the Falken Azenis. Much better wet traction, not much more expensive, more sizing options, not as loud and better treadwear rating. I like these more than the Kumho Ecsta 712s as well because they offer more grip, and seem to have a stiffer sidewall. However the 712s will last 2X as long.

Nitto Neo Gen: I had these briefly on the RSX and they seemed to be pretty good. The grip was less than the Bridgetones, the Falkens or the Yokos, but was definately acceptable. They were also fairly quiet. I think the sidewalls were a little soft though. I really didn't get to drive on them much. IMO, there are better tires out there like the ES100 that are similarly priced.

Kumho Ecsta 712: This is another GREAT daily driver tire. They last a VERY long time, had acceptable levels of grip and are pretty good in the rain. They aren't as grippy as the Yokos, but are close in the rain. Once they start to wear, the traction decreases accordingly. Overall a great bang for the buck in my opinion if treadlife is important.

Toyo Proxes: My friend had these on his Integra which he autoXed. The tires sucked plain and simple. They sidewall was soft, they didn't grip very well in the rain or the dry and wore down a little quicker than expected. I dislike Toyo and would never buy one of their products.

02SilverSiHB
03-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by EP3_DC5
Toyo Proxes: My friend had these on his Integra which he autoXed. The tires sucked plain and simple. They sidewall was soft, they didn't grip very well in the rain or the dry and wore down a little quicker than expected. I dislike Toyo and would never buy one of their products.
I so agree..except for the wear thing...mine did pretty good for as many miles and autox and drag strip days I've had...but these were FZ4 proxies on 215/45/17,not sure what your friend had.
I'm getting my slips today...hopefully mount on these es 100s :D

icegrill
03-14-2004, 01:56 PM
I just ordered some Dunlop sp8000s 205/55/15 for the stock wheels, I had them on my eg and they were great. They are one of the few z rated 15's. It was a toss up between these and the potenza re750s but I knew these tires were tried and true, they have amazing dry grip. I'll post reviews and pics when I put them on.

02SilverSiHB
03-14-2004, 04:10 PM
well, I guess I'll post my feelings on the yoko es100s..they rock! they aren't loud, they grip really well and handle in the rain very well.

I'd give them a 10

dofu
03-17-2004, 02:26 AM
are the azenis better than the fk 451's? got a set comin in... cost more than the azenis... cant wait to try em out...

tom3
04-05-2004, 02:04 AM
This has been a great tire thread with lots of info, and since so many have shared their experience here, I'll ask my tire questions here.

I'm shopping for a set of tires in 215/45/17 (for 17x7), and I can't really decide whether I should get performance summer tires, or performance all season tires. I do have a second set (the stockies) with winter tires on, so I would be safe either way.

I've heard many say that the best all season tires will not perform as well as the average summer tire. Though I do drive spiritedly often, I don't autocross, drag, or race, so I doubt I'll be pushing performance tires to their limit (though I do meet/exceed the limit of the stock michelins quite regularly). Therefore, I wonder whether I'd actually benefit from the extra grip summer tires offer over good all season tires.

Besides how well they grip (dry & wet), I also care VERY MUCH about road noise, and ride quality. Are all season tires usually better in these 2 criteria?

For instance, how do Yokohama AVS ES100 and Continental ContiExtreme Contact compare, in terms of dry/wet grip, lateral response, road noise, ride comfort and tread life? The reviews on tirerack are helpful, but I'm guessing that the ratings are relative to each tire category, instead of absolute across different types.

Lastly, is tirerack the best/cheapest place to get tires?

Thanks in advance!!

02SiFoLife
04-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I just got the Nitto Neo-gen for my 17's and I like em alot

B8+8EK
04-05-2004, 11:41 PM
advan A048 is great

kmonster
04-06-2004, 06:41 AM
Toyo RA-1's hands down. No question about it.

TravTrav
04-06-2004, 07:48 AM
i happen to like my michelin pilots, i forget what they are called lol, i would look on the tire but my car is in the body shop, they are really nice and they hit ur wallet hard, like 130 a pop. =/ but i like them, do well on the street =]

FCobra94
04-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TravTrav
i happen to like my michelin pilots, i forget what they are called lol,

They're Michelin Pilot Sports, and I would agree, they do seem to stick very well and have excellent road manners to boot ;) VERY expensive though...

Trung_EP3CTR
06-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I now currently use Kumho 712 Ecsta Supra. OK for daily street driving but for fast road and AutoX/circuit driving it really SUCKS:mad:

Chinaboy
06-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by TravTrav
i happen to like my michelin pilots, i forget what they are called lol, i would look on the tire but my car is in the body shop, they are really nice and they hit ur wallet hard, like 130 a pop. =/ but i like them, do well on the street =]

MXM4's are good tires to drive in, they last VERY long, its good feel of the road... but it don't grip too well in rain. I had the MXM4 on my TSX... but they arn't that good, its too much and it is not a very good so called "performance" tire.

My TSX came stock with them, RSX comes stock with them... but if your talking about a good tire, I would still sick with Yokos or Bridestone. Unless you can find good S900 series Dunlops... the rest of the tires out there are not so much of PERFORMANCE.

There is a difference between performance tire, and tires that last long, I do belive that the best tire in my vote for price and ability have to be either the RE040 or the Yoko Es's, but since i am a spoiled bitch for my cars, I only do SO3's

tony speed
06-16-2004, 09:23 AM
i have the kumho mx. they seem good enough so far. kinda soft though. i'm scared to destroy them yet.

Trung_EP3CTR
06-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Yes I'll be trying the Kumho MX KU15 next, just had a qoute and it turned out to be only 5GBP more per tire than the 712.:)

Tread pattern looks shit hot:

http://www.kumhotire.com/productimage/ku15_e.jpg

eurosteez
06-23-2004, 02:31 AM

can you squeeze these on to stock rims?

zum_zum
06-23-2004, 07:43 AM
i wouldn't recommend that on a 6 inch wide wheel. it's *possible* but you will get a lot of squirm. i have that size on 7.5" wide wheels and there is still a bit of sidewall bulge.

Mickey
06-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Ive tried almost all tires but so far this is the best. Wet and Dry
Kinda pricey but worth it. Looks nice too.
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Msarenas/gy_eagle_f1_gsd3_ci2_l.jpg

CivilEngSI
06-23-2004, 11:12 AM
I like Michelin Pilots myself.

alex_chung_lee
05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
i have the Fuzion ZRi ... they're made by Bridgestone i think... they're not too expensive.. but performs pretty good i think.... not too loud either