PDA

View Full Version : Someone Help

03CivicSi
02-27-2004, 09:50 PM
(Yes, this was also posted at k-series)

But.... I just removed the whole front liscense plate and holder... looks soo much nicer, but my friend who is also 14 just told me its mad illegal in NJ.. SOMEONE HELP ME!! lol, is it really illegal? I dont live in an area with a lot of cops, and if there are theyre not VERY strict... but still its starting to frighten me. heh, Can Someone Give Me Some Info?!?!?!?!?!?

PLEASE

(in case you missed it I am in New Jersey)

myeverlovinsir
02-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Don't know about NJ, but it's legal here in Indy. Every time I travel back to Ontario I get people asking--'what happend to your front plate?' I have never been pulled over for it, and it does look damn sexy!

Whiteboy
02-27-2004, 10:17 PM
It's illegal here in Texas, but from what I've seen they usually don't pull people over for it. They'll give you a warning to get it changed, but that's usually once they've already pulled you over for something else, or if they're just LOOKING to find something to pull you over for.

EtherGhost
02-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 03CivicSi
but my friend who is also 14 just told me its mad illegal in NJ..

You're 14? :confused:
Anyways, it's illegal in MN, and cops WILL pull you over for it, but only if it's late at night and you're the only one out on the round, and they feel like bringing you down :( (My car doesn't have the plate on in the Cardomain pics, but that's because I just waxed it)

03CivicSi
02-27-2004, 10:48 PM
looks nice Ether.. and thanks guys for the thoughts

any more would be great still, though.. prefferably people from New Jersey now:) but all are accepted

Thanks!

03CivicSi
02-27-2004, 10:50 PM
looks nice Ether.. and thanks guys for the thoughts

any more would be great still, though.. prefferably people from New Jersey now;) but all are accepted

Thanks!

oh and post script I am 14:)

prestoguy124
02-28-2004, 12:22 AM
are u even able to drive the car? out here in cali u gotta be 15 and a half just to get ur permit.. thats coo if u can man.. ur so lucky.. when i was 14 i was still on my bike.

todaCspec
02-28-2004, 05:55 AM
Yes, in NJ it's illegal to drive around w/o a front plate.

shimmy_yaz
02-28-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by todaCspec
Yes, in NJ it's illegal to drive around w/o a front plate.

correct

STP03BlueSI
02-28-2004, 06:33 AM
I guess us florida people dont have to worry about front plates:D

Peking
02-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I guess us florida people dont have to worry about front plates:D

Neither do us Georgia folks :D

Well K20importTuner, it is not legal in your area for the front plate to be off. Sadly you will have it on.

Mugen Power
02-28-2004, 08:19 AM
It's illegal or else I would've taken mine off already... Actually, I wouldn't even have one. It's too bad because that license plate frame wore down an outline of it on my bumper. :crym:

priest6479
02-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Yeah bro, illegal as hell.

Jersey sucks huh?
Where in Jersey do you live? were ahving a meet tommorrow.

03CivicSi
02-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Alright, guess I'll hafta fucking put it back on, thanks guys..

and...

Originally posted by priest6479
Yeah bro, illegal as hell.

Jersey sucks huh?
Where in Jersey do you live? were ahving a meet tommorrow.

Yeah I heard about that meet. I live in Wantage, northern tip.. But even if my dad was willing to take me which he's not.. I got a BIG ASS project for history due Monday that I've been procrastinating on.:(

ecsahs3
02-28-2004, 10:51 AM
It's illegal here in Cali too, but I leave my dealer sticker on my windshield so when fiveO is driving towards me, it seems like my car is still new. I prefer the sticker over the license plate. ;)

TrippZ
02-28-2004, 12:35 PM
its illegal in texas to drive without it... i would know.. i got a ticket for it :confused:

i got my EP whe nI was 15, so this kids just a tad more spoiled then me :P

ilive2r011
02-28-2004, 04:25 PM
not to have a front lisence plate

03CivicSi
02-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh well.. I g2 admit this is the first time I ever got down on the ground and a little dirty, and it was pretty fun.. considering I'm one of those pussy guys who hates grease and shit:o lol.. yeah and even though it wasn't such a big task, it was still great just being around the Si and stuff.. and I g2 figure if removing a front liscense plate felt good actually working on and modding a car is gonna be fukcing great!:D

Thanks everyone for the help, I love k-series.com.. and it looks like I'm gonna be putting the plates back on :\ when my dad comes home.. haha I've been waiting all day just to see him pull up in the driveway to see how much different it actually looks, I better not miss it:)