PDA

View Full Version : oxygen sensor simulator not working.

caligula
02-28-2004, 06:22 PM
saturday afternoon i install the jackson racing race header with out the cat installation went smooth,the problem came when i install the o2 simulator for the rear oxygen sensor[gasper electronics]check engine light came on as soon i start the car code p0141 rear oxigen sensor malfunction i dont know if i had a defected simulator,as far performance goes it made a big difference the rpm are going slow but the speedometer is going fast,probably u wondering if is loud no it inst it nice and deep.i dont have a cat back yet about the smell is not too bad u get use to it.i was wondering if anybody knows where i can find a good simulator,or there is any tricks to cheat the check engine light im calling gasper electronics on monday to see whats up.

anjapower
02-28-2004, 06:31 PM
hey man don't know why you're having problems with the Sim. Perhaps you damaged the o2 sensors while removing them? Perhaps you've got the clips reversed? I have about 600 miles on my car with the Sim, and no CEL. Yes that's with the casper sim.

caligula
02-28-2004, 06:38 PM
i didnt damage the 02 sensors because i remove the sensors with o2 sensor socket and i dont think i mess it up in the connections because the simulator only plugs one way what i was thinking is i migth have a defected simulator i dont know.

Peking
02-28-2004, 06:42 PM
This might help you some worth the reading...

click me (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=111333)

The first few pages are positive, then it takes a turn for the worse. Yet near the end, there seems to be some light.

The o2 sim is not a sure bet to trick the ECU. So it is almost hit or miss.

caligula
02-28-2004, 06:48 PM
i did a search before i bought the jackson racing race header and i also read all those threads on club rsx thank you tough

Vertigo
02-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I beileve the EP has a NTK o2 sensor. It should have 4 wires. Heater power, heater gnd, signal imput, signal gnd. Make sure you tapped into the right wire. Either it's hooked up wrong or you recieved a faulty unit. I'd call Casper electronics first thing mon morn.

caligula
02-28-2004, 07:00 PM
vertigo i know what u talking about but this is what happen and this is what i did the rear 02 in the middle of the cat .simulator one end goes to the 02 and the other end goes to the wiering harness in other words to the other end the simulator acts basically like a bridge just for that sensor but im still having th e check engine light and is anoying me tell me if i did the connection right or wrong.

Peking
02-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by caligula
i did a search before i bought the jackson racing race header and i also read all those threads on club rsx thank you tough

Did you try the same stuff those guys did?

caligula
02-28-2004, 08:06 PM
yes i did disconnect battery remove fuse number 16 recheck connections let the car seat for about ten minutes reinstall everything back start vehicle ,ten seconds later check engine light is on again same code i know the code because i have a snap on scanner

trk
05-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Today ... road race track ... hot weather ...

my setup:
k20a3 w/hondata (si flash), hiflow cat (megan test pipe), caspers o2 sim, spoon axleback and a 2.25 crush bent midpipe ...

Boom. Car popped, starting sounding like a 60's muscle car, idle has been utter shit ever since ... reset ecu, removed o2 sim, checked plugs (black), car never recovered, towed it home, smell of fuel in the oil, on the spark plugs, and in the exhaust and even in the cat. WTF.

DarkHatch
05-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by caligula
,the problem came when i install the o2 simulator for the rear oxygen sensor[gasper electronics]check engine light came on as soon i start the car code p0141 rear oxigen sensor malfunction i dont know if i had a defected simulator

Cal,
I had the same problem with my sim. The code that is coming is that the ecu thinks that the cat is clogged. Which is obviously not true, I called them back (the same place you got yours) and they sent me a new one. No charge :) supposedly there are some bad ones going around. I just got it today so I'll put it on tommorrow. I'll let you know the outcome. But I would call them and tell them the code that is coming up. I'm sure they will help you :)

bioevolve
05-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Try another SIM and/or another O2 sensor, did you touch the part of the O2 sensor that goes into the pipe with your fingers or tried to clean it off? (hoping you didn't do that).

PAPITUYO326
05-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by trk
Today ... road race track ... hot weather ...

my setup:
k20a3 w/hondata (si flash), hiflow cat (megan test pipe), caspers o2 sim, spoon axleback and a 2.25 crush bent midpipe ...

Boom. Car popped, starting sounding like a 60's muscle car, idle has been utter shit ever since ... reset ecu, removed o2 sim, checked plugs (black), car never recovered, towed it home, smell of fuel in the oil, on the spark plugs, and in the exhaust and even in the cat. WTF.

damn man that sucks ass..

any idea on what might have caused it other than maybe the sim?

hope everything turns out well

trk
05-09-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Try another SIM and/or another O2 sensor, did you touch the part of the O2 sensor that goes into the pipe with your fingers or tried to clean it off? (hoping you didn't do that).

Not that I know of.

DarkHatch
05-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Well i put my new sim on this evening and disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes to reset everything and...........
It worked!!!!:) I'm so glad I don't have to look at that damn cel anymore. So call them up and tell them whats goin on. I didn't have to pay anything to get the new sim :) Good luck