PDA

View Full Version : Any KW V2 owners out there?

FCobra94
02-28-2004, 09:34 PM
What's up all? I'm just trying to get some feedback from the KW V2 owners regarding how you feel about your suspension setup. I know a little while back there were a few mixed reviews, I guess you could say, but I'm hoping all the bugs got worked out of 'em because they seem like a great set to have :) Also, how do you guys like the pillow ball mounts that came out? Anyone running those?

Anyways, any comments or reviews would be great!

Also, would there be any downsides to getting a set of slightly used ones? A friend of a friend might have a set (at least I think their KW's). The only thing I could think of is that the warranty wouldn't transfer, but would there be any other reason to avoid a slightly used set that was only moderately dropped?

Thanks for the help!

greenguy
02-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Hello.
I love my KW's. Do a search under "greenguy" and you'll find my reviews and opinions. Alot of peeps on this board dont seem to interested in the KW's for what ever reason. Like I said I love mine and HIGHLY recomend them to one and all. And yes get the pillow ball mounts;)
pm me for more info if you'd like:)

FCobra94
02-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Thnaks for the reply man :)

Just one more quick ?: do you still have problems w/ the creaking noises you were experiencing when you mentioned it in the other post?

I am wondering if it was anything related to the V2's and what you would suggest to avoid that from happening.

Thanks again for the help!

greenguy
03-01-2004, 08:04 AM
my creaking noises that i have come from the steering rack. this only happens on low speed acceleration and when braking. What happens is when under the above circumstances, i turn the wheel back and forth about 10' it gets a rubber on plastic sound. I believe this is a Honda problem and in no way related to mine, or anybody elses suspension.
Back on topic, There are alot of design features which IMO make the KW's are better design than others. i.e the double springs, these keep constant spring tension nomatter where the travel is.the INOX or what ever its called. this means nothing to me as I live in the Phoenix area and well, we dont have rust or corrosion problems.
Call and talk to Glen at KW and rap with him for a while. He's a great stand up guy who will answer all your questions with out trying to make a dollar;) There products will do that for him:).
good luck on your dicission.

silver ep
03-01-2004, 08:23 AM
I would highly recommend the KWs! I'd say go for it even if they are used. My only complaint is they are a little bouncy but, I need to adjust my damper settings I think... also I'm lowered a tab bit more in the back and I'm need to straighten that out. They handle awesome though, its a HUGE difference over stock!

fsugatorbait
03-01-2004, 12:46 PM
I have the KW's as well. Ive had my share of problems with them, but hopefully they are contributed to a faulty alignment. Im curious if anyone else has any noises with theirs going over bumps in the road at any speed. Both of my rears make a constant squeak going over bumps and sometimes my fronts talk back to me too. Sounds just like a squeaky door, not sure if its normal or not. Other than that it'd just have to add that they are a little bouncy for my tastes but I got them cause of the price, excellent cust svc, and there stainless which is a must for NE.

greenguy
03-01-2004, 01:48 PM
going over speed bumps makes a sqeek like a sqeeky bed. this is normal. I have the proto type v2 that were made for our cars requested by Oscar Jackson. That means he requested two sets to be made. First set worked and fit so well that He didnt need the other set. Thats what I bought. They are pre-production and work EXTREMELY well. The production pieces were made from the same specs except yours are INOX coated, mine are galvanized. I have had ZERO problems from my v2. the only issues i have had are fromthe honda OEM bearing.:(
Good luck:)

fsugatorbait
03-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by greenguy
going over speed bumps makes a sqeek like a sqeeky bed. this is normal. I have the proto type v2 that were made for our cars requested by Oscar Jackson. That means he requested two sets to be made. First set worked and fit so well that He didnt need the other set. Thats what I bought. They are pre-production and work EXTREMELY well. The production pieces were made from the same specs except yours are INOX coated, mine are galvanized. I have had ZERO problems from my v2. the only issues i have had are fromthe honda OEM bearing.:(
Good luck:)

Greenguy, thanks for the heads up about the noise. Im curious to hear how you like the upper mounts and the changes you felt after they were installed. Im very interested. thanks.
Phil