PDA

View Full Version : options, what road to take?

03 Hatchy Back
02-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Right now Im trying to decide weather to swap for the A2 head or work with what I got. What will I need for the head swap (header,ecu,etc.)? Doess anyone know where I could find a complete head swap?

Thanks for the help

chubbychu
02-29-2004, 01:27 AM
go ahead an get an a2 itll be more benefifial in the long run.

Vertigo
02-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Doing the whole A2 engine swap is expensive(around $4k). But, it is a better base to start out with. A a2 head swap will run around $1k for the head and $300-500 for the install. In order to find a A2 head, you have to be in the right place at the right time.

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Everyone wants the A2 head, it's a real nice gainer if you can find it cheap. You will need the A2 ECU to drive the vtec solenoid in the higher rpms. You can wait to see what options are offered with the A3 Kpro or get the A2 Kpro. With the A2 head you will exceed the stock RSX-S hp and TQ, depending on other I/H/E mods. It's a close call in the HP department and Tq should be improved over the stock A2 by ~5lbs. This of course is from the numbers I have before tuning. I would also recommend the complete A2 swap over a head swap. In the end you will spend about the same amount, depending on how good of a deal you get. Much of the advantage to getting the A2 head on the A3 is that it is much better suited to reducing detonation, but with the Kpro you can retard timing where that would occur. It's a toss up. I am happy with it and will end up with a miss-mash of parts from the A2/DC5R and A3. If I started with the A2 swap I may have had to work backwards a bit to get where I am, and spent much more money. Up to you, each project developer has their own reasons for going one direction or another.

03 Hatchy Back
03-02-2004, 02:49 AM
thanks alot for your input guys I apperciate it