PDA

View Full Version : how to beat rsx-s

ForTheLadies
02-29-2004, 04:28 AM
what are some setups you guys know that can beat a stock rsx-s? im looking at motor wise N/A. thanks

Vertigo
02-29-2004, 04:40 AM
Steal their engine and drop it in the EP! Either that or don't mess with them in the first place.

Peking
02-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by ForTheLadies
what are some setups you guys know that can beat a stock rsx-s? im looking at motor wise N/A. thanks

You could do what Vertigo said, and/or boost :tongue: Those ways would help you beat a pretty much stock Type-S.

tcostello3
02-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Get'em drunk;)

ATRIOT
02-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Race the parked ones.

Dunrick
02-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Go on 2

totally catches them off gaurd.

Si3
02-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Put a Boot on the RSX-s before the race... maybe loosen all lugs...

or a 150 shot of NAWZ!!! dont worry, your stock internals will handle it just fine.. ;)

-aj-

other than that... the only n/a way involves putting their engine in our cars...

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Get 'head' from em and DC5R tranny:D

Civicvtec1ps
02-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Go buy new motor.

evilep3
02-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Go on 2

totally catches them off gaurd. fuckin awsome! :smilem:

i did that one time just to piss of my friend (wrx) he was irrate when he saw that i was ahead of him for a split second. :smilem:

NemesisITR
02-29-2004, 06:19 PM
You can do what I did: shed 190 lbs, hondata and motor mounts.

That did it for me!!:D

shauniewalnuts
02-29-2004, 06:37 PM
dam how much shit did you take out of your car for $190 lbs?

ATRIOT
02-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by shauniewalnuts
dam how much shit did you take out of your car for $190 lbs?

He lost weight, he used to be a 340lbs fat man :D

NemesisITR
02-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
He lost weight, he used to be a 340lbs fat man :D

LOL, thats funny!!

No, but really I took out all the carpet, sound deadening material, all the panels in the back, the back seats, all the hardware except the speakers in the back and center console.

Look under my members page for pics. I just recently took out the passenger seat tho (42 lbs!!) but put the SRS hookup back in so my SRS light wont go off.

SHAKEnBAKE
02-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
LOL, thats funny!!

No, but really I took out all the carpet, sound deadening material, all the panels in the back, the back seats, all the hardware except the speakers in the back and center console.

Look under my members page for pics. I just recently took out the passenger seat tho (42 lbs!!) but put the SRS hookup back in so my SRS light wont go off.

Yeah, weight reduction is the way to go.
Also if you don't mine the hassle: relocating the battery to the back of the car.

epproject
02-29-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm still learning more and more about our motors but in any case, me and my buddy used to go at it all the time when I had an EJ coupe.

This was what I needed to come up with in order to walk on him in 2nd and especially 3rd n 4th.

JDM B16A
I/H/E .. DC/DC/Twinloop w/hiflo cat
Exedy Race Clutch/ITR flywheel
CTR Intake Cam
VAFC (untuned)
Mugen spec chipped ECU (9800 redline..no i never took it that high..no power up there)

RSX-S's are not at all easy to beat, 'specially in our cars. I imagine it would take a bit of $$$$$... :(

Their 3rd gear is strong as hell!

If anyone has any experiences with these cars, post up! I want to know what it'll take for the EP3 to hang with the S..

4g63dsm
03-01-2004, 12:22 AM
LOL, thats funny!!

Look under my members page for pics. I just recently took out the passenger seat tho (42 lbs!!) but put the SRS hookup back in so my SRS light wont go off. you ruined your car and its still slow.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
03-01-2004, 12:53 AM
If you cant beat a stock type-S with minor bolt ons(exmp. I/H/E) you suck at driving!

Nuff siad!;)

ATRIOT
03-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Thats not true at all, a stock type S will still smoke us even with I/H/E.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
03-01-2004, 01:38 AM
prove it;)

ATRIOT
03-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Your kidding right? Even with I/H/E were running low 15's. The RSX Type S can break into the 14's stock.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=134864

NemesisITR
03-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
you ruined your car and its still slow.

I wouldnt say being able to beat a ZO6, 911, and an NSX on the road track is slow. Plus being able to beat my buddy in his type S by 4 cars and even pulling on him after missing a gear is not slow.

In my view I havent ruined my car cause I bought it to become a track car. I've actually made it faster with still only having the stock hp.

NemesisITR
03-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Your kidding right? Even with I/H/E were running low 15's. The RSX Type S can break into the 14's stock.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=134864

I hate to tell you but ive seen a stock Ep hit 15.2.

An Rsx S with Hondata and i/h/e only got a 14.5 on the same day.

ATRIOT
03-01-2004, 03:05 PM
I hate to tell you but ive seen a stock Ep hit 15.2.

An Rsx S with Hondata and i/h/e only got a 14.5 on the same day. .

Nah thats news i love to hear! It just seems that modded eps (I/h/E) have alot of trouble breaking into the 14's. On street tires has it been done?

Edit, just look at the offical 1/4 mile thread. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20176

Swaps and Turbos can do it.

Peking
03-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Thats not true at all, a stock type S will still smoke us even with I/H/E.

That is pretty much correct (unless you are going against someone who can't drive). I have raced my friend a few times (he drives a 03 Type-S). Headers with I/E wouldn't be enough, will still pull hard in third. Always get the first two gears, then drops it in third. I pretty much shut down those who I should be ablt to beat. I felt I could take him (got a big head), learned quick. Didn't woop my ass like a Mustang GT, yet he still won :( But that was a long time ago, don't do that stuff anymore.

ToingToing
03-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by tcostello3
Get'em drunk;)

i got a better idea.

LET HIS 90 YEAR OLD CRIPPLED GRANDPA DRIVE HIS RSX TYPE-S. you'd be hella suck if he still beats you. lol. :p

4g63dsm
03-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I wouldnt say being able to beat a ZO6, 911, and an NSX on the road track is slow. Plus being able to beat my buddy in his type S by 4 cars and even pulling on him after missing a gear is not slow.

In my view I havent ruined my car cause I bought it to become a track car. I've actually made it faster with still only having the stock hp. 4 cars? damn you must be running 14's. BTW what are your times? but you'll probably say you've never ran at the track yet.

ConeCrazy02
03-02-2004, 12:15 AM
You can beat one on the autox or road racing ... if the drive is good enough.

NemesisITR
03-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
4 cars? damn you must be running 14's. BTW what are your times? but you'll probably say you've never ran at the track yet.

I will be honest, on the track I run really shitty. The best time on the track is 15.5 for me. Yet I beat other cars running in the 14s on the street. They say they run better on the track than on the street. I run better on the street than on the track. I guess its because ive done more racing on the street and the have done more on the track. Its just how we grew into racing I guess.

Plus I really dont care what I run on the drag strip, I really like to Road Race.

I might have someone who really knows who to drive on a drag strip run my car and see what they can get out of it. Its just not my cup of tea.:D

4g63dsm
03-02-2004, 07:31 PM
I will be honest, on the track I run really shitty. The best time on the track is 15.5 for me. Yet I beat other cars running in the 14s on the street. They say they run better on the track than on the street. I run better on the street than on the track. I guess its because ive done more racing on the street and the have done more on the track. Its just how we grew into racing I guess.

Plus I really dont care what I run on the drag strip, I really like to Road Race.

I might have someone who really knows who to drive on a drag strip run my car and see what they can get out of it. Its just not my cup of tea.:D you are a joke

k20hatch
03-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by tcostello3
Get'em drunk;)

Hahahahah! o gez!