PDA

View Full Version : my burnout from today :)

Black 02 SI
02-29-2004, 05:18 PM
as the title says here's a burnout i did today at a meet we set up. had fun :)

http://www.ep3world.com/gallery/albums/album09/DSCF0039.avi

here's the pics

http://www.ep3world.com/gallery/album09

513n179
02-29-2004, 05:21 PM
cool pics

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Nice Burnout. LSD should double up the the patch you laid down.

http://www.ep3world.com/gallery/albums/album09/DSCF0041.sized.jpg

idrive
02-29-2004, 05:30 PM
i thought we had TWO drive wheels in the front??

haha j/k:p

k20hatch
02-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Nice vid!! Cool pics to man! Looked like a fun meet!

Black 02 SI
02-29-2004, 05:47 PM
i think it did that cause i rolled backwards first. it usually spins both. who knows, it did start as two but when i let the e-brake off it only spun one.

chubbychu
02-29-2004, 05:51 PM
no wheel hoP!?!?!?!??!?!? I WANNA DO THATTTT!

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI
i think it did that cause i rolled backwards first. it usually spins both. who knows, it did start as two but when i let the e-brake off it only spun one.

Don't kid yourself, only if you have LSD will it spin both tires consistantly, and rolling backwards first means nothing. There is nothing unusual about it. I have done it many times.

Black 02 SI
02-29-2004, 06:58 PM
yeah. when its a little wet like at the track it lights both up no problem. no wheell hop is right motor mount inserts. i looked down at the tach and it was past 8k ooops. gotta love hondata. :)

plpong893
02-29-2004, 08:21 PM
yeah wish i could of made, but i woke up it was so nice so i just had to installed my springs, intake, and exhaust so i had a great day. took a look at the motor mounts and i couldnt do it. ill give u them bushings for free if u could help me the the motor mounts..

joe

oogy-boogy
02-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Hee hee.....Nice vid. :smilem:

ep pilot
02-29-2004, 09:44 PM
I swear if I tried to do that I would have so much hop, the car would be shattered in a million pieces by the end of that mark. The one time I was lucky enough not to get any hop, in a vacant newly paved parking lot, I laid down two marks equally in length about 1/3 the distance in your photo.

-Ryan

02SilverSiHB
02-29-2004, 10:16 PM
you should show that to that spec v owner that was posting his like it's impossible or as if he has dominating torque..ahaaaahahahaa, nice burn out

Black 02 SI
02-29-2004, 10:41 PM
yeah i woyldn't have dared to try that b4 the mounts. i was impressed with the distance, i could've gone further, but i ran out of parking lot :)

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI
yeah i woyldn't have dared to try that b4 the mounts. i was impressed with the distance, i could've gone further, but i ran out of parking lot :)
damn, so you don't get any wheel hop at all? what do you launch at when at the track? and when you launch do you just let the clutch go?

oogy-boogy
03-01-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
damn, so you don't get any wheel hop at all? what do you launch at when at the track? and when you launch do you just let the clutch go?

All the results of those $18.00 ES inserts. You really ought to get a set. Instant bite with 0% wheel hop....I absolutely love the inserts.

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
All the results of those $18.00 ES inserts. You really ought to get a set. Instant bite with 0% wheel hop....I absolutely love the inserts.
Where can you get them for 18 bucks? I'm just worried about the damn rattling in the inside of the car.

STP03BlueSI
03-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Nice pics...Don't really know what to say about the burnout, I guess cool.:)

oogy-boogy
03-01-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
Where can you get them for 18 bucks? I'm just worried about the damn rattling in the inside of the car.

I get them from a local guy for $17.00. Try calling up Lightning Motorsports (www.lightningmotorsports.com) or any other vendor that sells ES products. If it comes down to it let me know and I can ship you a set. I had the guy at the local shop keep an extra set on hand. If not, I can get them from him next day.

If you end up ordering them, make sure you get the black ones (graphite impregnated so that they don't squeek). Also, the part number is for the RSX but they are the same ones used for the EP. P/N 16.1113G is what you want. Do not get P/N 16.1113 as it's for the red ones that tend to be noisy. If you need any tips let me know as I've put in 3 sets already.

Sorry for jacking your thread Dave..... :)

Black 02 SI
03-01-2004, 08:26 AM
no prob. yeah there is no wheel hop at all. you can't drop the clutch at the track because you will spin all day long. i hold it around 3k and let it out quickly, ride it, but let it out fairly quick. the mounts are great. the vibration isn't to bad it only does it when its idling give it a little gas and it goes right away. i guess i am used to it now so i don't even notice it.

02NJHondaep3
03-01-2004, 08:44 AM
I have the red ones. I dont hear any noise. I'm having problems with traction now though. After I got them I really had to learn how to launch but i'm gettin high .5's on my R/T so i'm getting better at it. Sorry I didn't make it, I woke up late. Last nite i ended up at a VW/Audi meet with some of my friends. That made me want to go to the Si meet even more.

PAPITUYO326
03-01-2004, 09:02 AM
amazing burnoout

have fun buying new tires!

Black 02 SI
03-01-2004, 01:04 PM
i hate those tires anyway they suck ass in the rain. i dont care about destroying tires i will just buy new ones :)

Siman
03-01-2004, 06:06 PM
hell on a transmission.....thats all i know....

he's looking for a warranty so to speak.....:D

chubbychu
03-01-2004, 06:53 PM
is there anyway to shave down the mount inserts to get a little bit of both worlds?

myeverlovinsir
03-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I think if you were to shave them, you would end up near stock (and wheel hop) with added protection from tearing the stock mounts. Nice idea though. They are not near as stiff as the hasport mounts.

esmith13
03-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
is there anyway to shave down the mount inserts to get a little bit of both worlds?

Put in just the front mount inserts... the front takes 80% of the load. Apparently when i bought my turbo kit it came with only front mount inserts (I already had a full set installed). You don't technically have to do the rear.

May save you a bit on the vibrations...

Honestly, i LIKE the vibration. Gives it that Muscle Car feel. You forget it's even there after a while...

Dave - 2 words dude - BURNOUT CONTEST!!!!! :D

You goin to the WhiteMarsh, MD meet March 13th? Were tryin to get the same philly/NJ peeps to meet up at front and oregon again the morning of to caravan down - this time with all 4 wheels - OK? ;)

Eric

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
Put in just the front mount inserts... the front takes 80% of the load. Apparently when i bought my turbo kit it came with only front mount inserts (I already had a full set installed). You don't technically have to do the rear.

May save you a bit on the vibrations...

Honestly, i LIKE the vibration. Gives it that Muscle Car feel. You forget it's even there after a while...

Dave - 2 words dude - BURNOUT CONTEST!!!!! :D

You goin to the WhiteMarsh, MD meet March 13th? Were tryin to get the same philly/NJ peeps to meet up at front and oregon again the morning of to caravan down - this time with all 4 wheels - OK? ;)

Eric
exactly right. This was true with the previous civics..but of course the rear for them. I was told that it's better to do this and keeps any kind of damage to your suspension...supposedly with all 3, it causes way to much vibration and shit...can't remember the details.

esmith13
03-01-2004, 07:56 PM
yup - except in our case we have four mounts and insert are currently only available for the front and rear as a set...

Eric

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 08:01 PM
yup - except in our case we have four mounts and insert are currently only available for the front and rear as a set...

Eric
yeah, that's okay. I went ahead and bought some...I'll put the front in first and see how the feels.

esmith13
03-01-2004, 08:09 PM
that's cool... if you think the vibrations are overly hyped (and I'm sure you will) it will tae you only 15min to do the rear... it's so awfally easy... the front one is the bitch...

Eric

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
that's cool... if you think the vibrations are overly hyped (and I'm sure you will) it will tae you only 15min to do the rear... it's so awfally easy... the front one is the bitch...

Eric
yeah, I keep reading about the front being a bitch...that's why I'll start on that one first :D

The rear on my 97 EX was near to impossible with the tools I had. I had all three and I try to remember, but I can't remember feeling the vibration...I think I got used to it..we'll see...

esmith13
03-01-2004, 08:14 PM
drop the subframe to do the front install... you won't regret it... You could almost do it without help that way... Almost ;)

Eric

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 08:16 PM
drop the subframe to do the front install... you won't regret it... You could almost do it without help that way... Almost ;)

Eric
shyt...you said help...boy oh boy, what am I getting into :D I did my other car myself..sounds like this is a pain :'(

esmith13
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM
hehe, sorry to break it to ya. If you go it alone - definately drop the sub frame... Any other way REQUIRES two people prying on the engine to swing it outta the way... And then you'd HAVE to take out the rear mount anyways to swing the block with a breaker bar or crowbar...

Suck it up and just do it. ;)

Eric

TrippZ
03-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Is that type X's ride? looks so hot.

and yes, the burnout was nice. :D

Black 02 SI
03-01-2004, 09:41 PM
i'll say it again. do the front from the top. dont have to move the motor or drop the sub frame. all ya gotta do is take out the battery and battery tray. and one of the fans. the mount is easily reached. takes way less time and yur not climbing under the car. the attery tray has two bolts under it with a support that needs to be removed and the tray itself is like glued down takes a little prying.

eric-yeah we gotta meet up and drive down together. let me know

yellerep3
03-03-2004, 11:11 AM
just pay someone to put the inserts in, i had mine done, and burn outs are great now, and is it me, or is the si look crazy cute even doing wicked burnouts, i dunno, sometimes i feel like i wanna own this car forever! Nice vids and pics.