PDA

View Full Version : Vibration Problem After Lowering Spring Install

Grumpy
02-29-2004, 06:53 PM
It is not the alignment causing my vibration. It seems to be driveline/transmission related. Both of my axels popped out when I took the front struts off. I put the axels back in after some trials and tribulation like everyone else. But I have this wobble/vibration that happens when I am on the gas and goes away when I let off the gas. It even went away when I hit VTEC. Could I have damaged the transmission or clutch or flywheel when I was tryin to get the axels back in place? When I did the spring install, I jacked up one side at a time instead of doing both fronts and both rears together. Could this way of jacking up may car and doing the spring install have damaged my transmission somehow? Could I have damaged the motor mounts? I am confused!

Grumpy

ToingToing
03-02-2004, 04:14 AM
alotta views but no answers. damn how helpful is that.. im havin this problem too. so can anybody give any answers to any of his questions?....:mad: ..

im calling the cop

greenguy
03-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Grumpy
It even went away when I hit VTEC.
Grumpy
???You mean it went away when your going over 2200rpm's? cuz thats when the cam lobs change over. if that is the case then I have no clue.
sorry.

Grumpy
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
I am taking my car to Honda next week. From talking with them it is either the balancer on the axel or the inner CV joint. Either way it is going to cost some money to fix. If I had it all to do over again there is no way that I would lower my car. It is just not worth the trouble for the look.

I guess that's why I'm........Grumpy :mad:

tcostello3
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it.

Did you use proper tools or beat, bang, & pull?

Grumpy
03-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I did it myself. I have done several other cars too but not an 03 Si. I am not the type to beat bang and pry. The axels popped out and I worked for hours until I got them back into place using the counter then clockwise method described in this forum. Somehow I may have moved the balancer on the left half shaft. I will find out later this week when I take it to my dealer and get it fixed.

Grumpy :mad:

tony speed
03-08-2004, 08:57 AM
probably you didn't tighten something properly.

tcostello3
03-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Grumpy
I did it myself. I have done several other cars too but not an 03 Si. I am not the type to beat bang and pry. The axels popped out and I worked for hours until I got them back into place using the counter then clockwise method described in this forum. Somehow I may have moved the balancer on the left half shaft. I will find out later this week when I take it to my dealer and get it fixed.

Grumpy :mad:

That sucks! Sorry I can't be more help. I did the wifes this weekend and did have the axles pop out "thankfully". Please post what the dealer says.