PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

sihatch
03-01-2004, 01:31 AM
There's a crap load of things that I want to do to my car, but the dealership won't let me because it would void my warranty. They say the only think I can do to me car is intake and exhaust. What do you guys think I should do, and what did you do if you were in this situation?

civicSIracer
03-01-2004, 01:35 AM
do the intake and exhaust and maybe some suspenison work.. wheels and spoilers and kits dont mess the warrentee.. a good rule of thumb..if you get aftermarket and its the cause of the malunction or honda believes it to be then your on your own to fix it..

sihatch
03-01-2004, 01:38 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about doing because, on my last si(I had a 2000 civic si) they told me the same thing but I still did alot of shit to it. But when it came to have problems, i had to fix it myself.

EnJaNir
03-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Granted they would have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem, but you said so yourself...you had to fix it before..so if you want to keep your warranty, just do what the dealer told you for now and wait 3yr 36k miles for the rest

AzN Si GuY
03-01-2004, 01:20 PM
or you could just get rid of that warranty all together by driving everywhere every single day like me. just kidding don't get rid of that warranty.

it sucks i'm at 45k miles and it'll be two years of having my car in august. so much miles. each mile brings my car closer and closer to death...

wait a minute. it's a honda, it has a long ways to go :D i <3 my honda.

and happy modding to you.

Tenacious G
03-01-2004, 01:32 PM
are you leasing or financing?

Ep3 No.2
03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
the dealership doesnt make u not mod your car. its all on you if u wanna void it or not. if i were you i jus start saving the cash and buy everything when your car is done with the warranty =O)

phatfreeza
03-01-2004, 04:14 PM
wow, they'll let you do intake? and not void your warranty? dude, guess you won't have to worry about hydrolocking issues...

lowering your car is probably the trickiest thing to do.. it'll cost you a lot to do it right... (full coilover setup, tein, mugen, etc...) so think twice before you start...