PDA

View Full Version : Seats pain to clean

Civilian
03-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Anyone else find the weird upholstery -- the mesh part, not the pseudosuede part -- an absolute pain in the tailpipe to clean? The mesh traps messes.

02USDMEP3
03-03-2004, 10:23 AM
how do you clean it?

Civilian
03-03-2004, 11:28 AM
That's my point. I don't know.

phantasia
03-14-2004, 09:16 PM
preventive maintenance works best!

no food, smoking or drinking anything except water in the ep.

vacuum it often, at least once a week...

BUT!

that seat material is delicate, too. be careful with the shop vac. do NOT press hard, as it will scratch the black alcantra and the alcantra-looking back seat material.

keep dirty peeps out your ride also. my buddies ex girlfriend is still pissed off at me because we were out a few months ago and she fell in a parking lot, square on her ass. it was funny as hell, she was laughing, as was the rest of us. then i noticed her jeans ass was all dirty and wet, like that black shit you used to get on you from the school bus floor in the winter. i made her sit on a towel, folded over twice. id rather some chick be pissed at me than have to deal with dirt on my beloved ep's back seats. lol.

SiR_d1
03-14-2004, 09:50 PM
yeah just try to avoid and chance of them getting dirty

I've had my car for about a year and a bit, and throughout this whole time my back seat have been sat on only 3 times total:D

BarracksSi
03-15-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by phantasia
..... my buddies ex girlfriend is still pissed off at me because we were out a few months ago and she fell in a parking lot, square on her ass......i made her sit on a towel, folded over twice. id rather some chick be pissed at me than have to deal with dirt on my beloved ep's back seats. lol.

She got mad about that? Sheesh, what a bitch (and I rarely EVER say that about anyone!). She should have been the one to start looking for a towel to sit on.

Not surprised that she's an ex.. lol

phantasia
03-15-2004, 10:01 PM
hell yeah bro she got dumped later that night for making a fuss about sitting on a towel. my boy knows the value of interior maintenance. lol. he had a seriously dope nissan 200sx at the time, beautiful car, very quick (it was later totalled, sliding on ice into a guard rail) she was a total bitch the whole way home, like 20 minutes. we were hanging out at dennys and she kept up the shit, about how her ass is more valuable than the seat, and the towel was like insulting. dude dropped her like a bad habit, told her to shut the hell up, how her alero seats weren't worth crap, but the seats in a si were sweet. dude wasnt even a honda guy, just down.

last i saw of her, she was talking smack on my crew about 2 weeks ago in the same denny's lot, when we rolled through on a rare beautiful spring-like night for western pa. anyone want a 5'4 fake ass blonde with a fat size 11 jean ass, lemme know, lol..just make sure to bring the towels.

k20hatch
03-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Alright.....you kno the lent rollers you use on clothes....You can pull a layer off and have a fresh layer????? Well i have one in my car at all times, just pull a tab off and roll away. Works better than a vac!! Just a thought!

BlairSpeed
03-23-2004, 04:28 PM
So i take it no one knows how to clean our seats? I miss leather. Leather is so easy to clean and easy to keep clean and it breaks in nice and actually gets better after time. oh well, at least our seats look cool.

siver-SI
03-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
She got mad about that? Sheesh, what a bitch (and I rarely EVER say that about anyone!). She should have been the one to start looking for a towel to sit on.

Not surprised that she's an ex.. lol

I second that.

josephwillidog
03-31-2004, 10:46 PM
I got a stain on my passanger seat....on the mesh fabric. It sucked, but I got some stain remover from pep boys. And a glowing LED exhaust tip. BWAH HA HA. j/k... anyway It worked great, no residue. The synthetic leather (? I guess) on the sides and on the back might prove to be more difficult... my $00.02

iVtec si
03-31-2004, 11:38 PM
I have used a suede brush sometimes, that works okay. but for the most part just keep em' clean don't let the shit build up.

03CivicSi
04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
I say once you get them stained or dirty and you can't clean them... the best thing to do is.... switch to lighter seats and keep those clean or else :D

spookyoen
04-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I have been using 3M ScotchGuard spray on my seats and have had no problems. Couple weeks ago a bag of groceries on my passenger seat surprised me with a leaky container of OJ. Much to my surprise the OJ simply beaded up on the fabric and I was able to soak it up with a rag when I got home. NO STAIN!! I don't know if anyone knows how much of a bitch OJ is to get out of fabric, but I am very pleased with the effects of the ScotchGuard spray. Six bucks at Tartget, excellent investment.

Spidey
05-05-2004, 06:08 PM
has anyone shampooed their interior? I'm looking to getting it done and then seal it with 3m fabric protector. The seats are starting to look dull & faded.

kidXStreme
05-07-2004, 02:25 PM
well i used a carpet cleaner to clean the driver seat...it worked