PDA

View Full Version : maint. req. light is blinking what's wrong?

abstrack
03-01-2004, 05:52 PM
This mourning my maint req. Light blinked a couple times when I started the car. What could be the problem? This past weekend I went to cali for D1 so I put about 500 miles to the car. Maybe the drive had something 2 do with it?

Should I be concerned?
Thnx
Kris-

ATRIOT
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
If the maintainance required light is blinking, it usually means that maintainance is required.

Fast02
03-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
If the maintainance required light is blinking, it usually means that maintainance is required.

LOL!!!!!;)

ep3hatchattack
03-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Whats up with all the dick comments today atriot :) anyways, this has most likely been talked about. you have to turn the car off, hold the odometer in for 10 seconds, then turn the car to on while still holding it and it will blink then turn off. thanks, and someone correct me if thats the wrong order..... thanks, dave

FCobra94
03-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah, mines been doing that lately as well.

ep3hatchattack: thanks for the tip! ;) I'll try it tomorrow morning before I leave for school...

jaydub
03-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
Whats up with all the dick comments today atriot :) anyways, this has most likely been talked about. you have to turn the car off, hold the odometer in for 10 seconds, then turn the car to on while still holding it and it will blink then turn off. thanks, and someone correct me if thats the wrong order..... thanks, dave

When the answer lies in the owner's manual, it sort of gets people annoyed when these questions are asked. Over and over and over.

ATRIOT
03-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
When the answer lies in the owner's manual, it sort of gets people annoyed when these questions are asked. Over and over and over.

Its not just that, somethings are just so self evident its hard to believe that people are still confused. A little bit of logic and reasoning will get you pretty far in life... Come on guys, if a light that says maintainance required flashes, what the hell makes you think that it could mean something other than your car needs a service.

Heres a few more just in case.
Gas light goes on -> Oh i need more gas!
Interior light is on -> Door may be ajar!

SiR_d1
03-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Its not just that, somethings are just so self evident its hard to believe that people are still confused. A little bit of logic and reasoning will get you pretty far in life... Come on guys, if a light that says maintainance required flashes, what the hell makes you think that it could mean something other than your car needs a service.

:D

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 08:14 PM
:rolleyes:

HOLY SHIT! IT'S THE FIRST OF THE MONTH...AND IT'S TIME FOR THE MONTHLY F@%KING QUESTION!

oogy-boogy
03-01-2004, 08:14 PM

LOL, you having a rough day?

02SilverSiHB
03-01-2004, 08:17 PM

oh man! that's awsome! hahahaaaa

BlasTech
03-01-2004, 08:23 PM
It's a "friendly reminder" to take your car to the dealer (10K, 20K, etc...) for an expensive checkup.

Just make sure you lay a bunch of issues on them to check on, like topping off the transmission fluid, etc... or they'll just change the oil, over-charge you, and send you on your merry way.

OR

You can do your own maintenance and do the reset procedure mentioned above.

shimmy_yaz
03-01-2004, 08:54 PM
good call atriot maybe you can help me with my seatbelt light prob, it seems everytime i don't have it on this little light is there what could that mean :confused: :angel: :D

ep3hatchattack
03-01-2004, 09:28 PM

I hear ya there.. i just thought you could be a lil more friendly lol ;) hope things are goin good for ya. thanks, dave

PortoRy
03-02-2004, 12:27 AM
the cars are programmed to have the lights come on after certain mileage points as stated above so you are suppose to take your car in to get serviced...or id say, bent over by the dealership...IM sorry but if i buy a car and it needs dealer maintenence after 7,500 miles...i bought a sad ass car..

RMC22
03-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Not only is the grammar and spelling on ephatch horrible, but the literacy rate has taken a crash.

Edit:
And it's a service set up by Honda, not your dealership. Part of it is to make sure everything has broken in correctly and running properly, and the other part to get a little cash from you.

s10blazed
03-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Wow, this thread has been tremendously helpful. All this time I thought the little seatbelt light meant my hatch was open. No wonder how hard I slammed it that light stayed on! My car only has 1500 miles so far but I would of thought that Maintence Required light meant my air pressure in my tires was low! Thanks guys, you saved me from stopping at the convience store to use the air pump. Whats the EPS light mean? When I saw it light up I thought it gave me special mind reading powers. But it didn't. :yellm:

haha, I hope you guys understand sarcasm. And I know EPS is the power steering light.

BlasTech
03-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by PortoRy
the cars are programmed to have the lights come on after certain mileage points as stated above so you are suppose to take your car in to get serviced...or id say, bent over by the dealership...IM sorry but if i buy a car and it needs dealer maintenence after 7,500 miles...i bought a sad ass car..

It's not broken!!! Its just a reminder to change your oil! Geez....RTFM!!!

HondaMan
03-02-2004, 08:33 AM
LMAO! Funny thread! :eek:

jaydub
03-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by PortoRy

Please tell me you aren't serious. http://www.dubfusion.com/smilies/rofl.gif

Fast02
03-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh boy :rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
whwhahahahaaaAAAAAA!!!!!! :rolleyes:

LHD_EP3
03-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
:rolleyes:

HOLY SHIT! IT'S THE FIRST OF THE MONTH...AND IT'S TIME FOR THE MONTHLY F@%KING QUESTION!

Thats some funny shit!

02SilverSiHB
03-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by LHD_EP3
Thats some funny shit!
nah, what's funny is me searching the GOD DAMN net for pics of bronze or silver slipstreams... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

plpong893
03-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Interior light is on -> Door may be ajar! [/B][/QUOTE]

hahahahhahahahahaahah hahahahahahahhahahahahah hahahahahahahah