PDA

View Full Version : Question about wing installation and rust

Gs02SiR
03-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Just curious what steps you guys would recommend to prevent rust when installing my CTR wing.

I am concerned that when I have to drill the hole for the brake light, the edges may rust.

What would you suggest to prevent this?

Stoop
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Use touch-up paint. Touch-up paint is used by dealers when drilling holes in the trunk for wing spoilers on coupes and sedans to prevent rusting. I used touch-up paint when installing my rear hatch spoiler after drilling the hole as well. Just make sure you cover all the bare metal areas with the touch-up paint and there won't be a rust problem.

Hope this helps.:cool:

Gs02SiR
03-02-2004, 04:51 PM
That helps a lot. Thanks very much. Another friend on this board suggested this route, but hearing it from more then one source is always helpful.

Later
G

Stoop
03-02-2004, 04:58 PM
This is the way Honda tells its dealers to do it to prevent the rust. It's an actual step in the installation instructions. Glad I could help.:cool:

2fastcivic
03-02-2004, 05:13 PM
y do you have to drill holes for the brake light? i didn't have to when i installed my replica ctr wing.

Gs02SiR
03-02-2004, 05:17 PM
I just typed CTR wing to prevent a long explanation.

Its actually the Honda GFX wing (Canadian body package). Canadian dealers will sell the wing seperately. The only challenge is you gotta drill a hole for the brake light. Not a big deal.

STP03BlueSI
03-02-2004, 09:14 PM
touch up paint, and then use a rubber gasket so it doesnt catch the wires.:D

Chris