PDA

View Full Version : Hondata TOMORROW!!!!

David L.
03-01-2004, 07:33 PM
I am sending my ECU out to get reflashed tomorrow. I cant wait! I have heard so much good about it and cant wait to test out the results. Its like Christmas again. I will give you all my input in a couple of days. :D

oogy-boogy
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
You'll love it. Enjoy....:)

BlackSi613nin
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
ive had mine for almost a week, and i love it!! its like driving a new car! now only if these god damn motor mounts would come in... Energy suspension doesnt know how to pack, or use the mail!:rolleyes: anyways ull deff. be happy with it

joHn

David L.
03-04-2004, 06:08 PM
I just got it in a few minutes ago. I noticed a big difference. I did not get the chance to get really into it yet, it is dark and foggy as hell. I got it up to about 7700 rpm and the thing pulled like a mo-fo and I noticed that I was already over 60 before I hit third. That did not happen before. I cant wait till tomorrow to really take it out.;)

1llusive
03-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey Guys,

From what I've read, getting your ecu reflashed is a good thing, but do you guys know any negative aspects to getting it done? Is this harmfull in any way to the longevity of our engine?

1ll

OH!!!!!
03-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 1llusive
Hey Guys,

From what I've read, getting your ecu reflashed is a good thing, but do you guys know any negative aspects to getting it done? Is this harmfull in any way to the longevity of our engine?

1ll

It could affect your valve springs with the increased redline. I would consider upgrading your vavle springs if you were to use this mod.

My $0.02

rs_1101
03-05-2004, 02:50 PM
the stock internals in our motor are pretty reliable up to 8k.. the problem with the reflash is it allows very little forgiveness if you experience a misshift. the real problem areas are definitly the valvetrain, but you should be okay as long as you dont misshift.
personally i used to always hit the 6800 redline and remember, that is the stock redline, what hondata allows you to do is to rev over that line if you need to, but i wouldnt recommend hitting 7700 on a daily basis.

hondatas a good company, and i believe that if they think we can handle 7700, then we can. just dont misshift.

!@#$%
03-05-2004, 05:30 PM
hell, misshift at 6800 and the engine isn't too forgiving either. ;)

anjapower
03-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
what hondata allows you to do is to rev over that line if you need to, but i wouldnt recommend hitting 7700 on a daily basis.

I hit 7700 on a daily basis, and i've had hondata for about 11k miles:p

David L.
03-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Well I really got the chance today to see what this thing can do. I was on 195 and 24 in Mass. today. I LOVE IT!!! I think that it is worth it if you have the $$. The pull now is very noticeable and different, the Rpm's shoot up fast and when you hit the 7700 you hit the next gear right in the power band. No more double clutching like before. 5th gear passing not a problem. When I came off one of the on ramps on 195 I was passing traffic like it was cool in third gear. It is like dirving a whole new car. :D

SiRman
03-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Can't wait till next week so I can try it myself.:smilem:

2k2_nbp_egg
03-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by David L.
No more double clutching like before. 5th gear passing not a problem. When I came off one of the on ramps on 195 I was passing traffic like it was cool in third gear. It is like dirving a whole new car. :D

Umm double clutching? Eeeyea im assuming you're talking about jabbing the clutch at WOT in higher rpms...eeyea don't do that. Not only are you hurting your car you're actually going slower...also best to shift at around 7500 rpms, anything after is just gradually declining HP. I get my best 1/4 times shifting at around there....

The low end and extra passing power is always awesome tho.

Ep3 No.2
03-06-2004, 08:45 PM
how much it cost you guys to get it reflashed ?

DynaSpeed
03-07-2004, 06:12 AM
It's going to cost you $595. If you find it cheaper, than don't bother posting about it, because Vendors here spend good money on advertising to do what Hondata tells them to sell it at. Like Payn Technologies.

So if you wanna cheaper place, PM me. :D

Payntech
03-07-2004, 07:55 AM
We cover the shipping costs for the EPHatch group.

Ep3 No.2
03-07-2004, 10:52 AM
not to sound like a newb or anything but what does the hondata reflashed ecu do besides a raised red line ?

Tenacious G
03-07-2004, 01:56 PM
it also includes upgraded fuel maps and advanced ignition timing (hence the need for 91 octane).

talk to anyone with hondata and they will say it significantly improves the driving experience. it adds a fun factor that wasn't there before. i look forward to experiencing this first-hand one of these days (wink: 2k2_nbp_egg)

Ep3 No.2
03-07-2004, 11:54 PM
from what everyone is saying ive only heard good things about it. but what about the bad/negatives ?

SiRman
03-08-2004, 11:10 AM
from what everyone is saying ive only heard good things about it. but what about the bad/negatives ?

With the increase in the rev limit the risk of valve damage is also increased. No reported cases among the several hundred users who have been using it for the last year.

2k2_nbp_egg
03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
it also includes upgraded fuel maps and advanced ignition timing (hence the need for 91 octane).

talk to anyone with hondata and they will say it significantly improves the driving experience. it adds a fun factor that wasn't there before. i look forward to experiencing this first-hand one of these days (wink: 2k2_nbp_egg)

Haha hopefully next time I have free time in houston (not until mid april prolly...:() you'll be free as well, and you can thrash my car to your hearts content, seeing as how you treat yours like your child ;)

I should also hopefully have almost everything fixed (new taillight and wax'd as of yesterday!!)

As for the negative dmg to the motor, I haven't heard of anyone on here or on clubrsx that has had problems...and we're talkin 30k+ miles here....and most of these ppl (including me) aren't very nice on their cars.

rs_1101
03-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
With the increase in the rev limit the risk of valve damage is also increased. No reported cases among the several hundred users who have been using it for the last year.

no one guy had valvetrain replaced.. however honda warrantied it.. he obviously didnt mention the ecu adjustment tho. somehow they just didnt notice his rev meter.

Hatch02SI
03-10-2004, 08:41 AM
what kinda quater times are people getting with hondata and i/h/e?

andy
03-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by rs_1101
no one guy had valvetrain replaced.. however honda warrantied it.. he obviously didnt mention the ecu adjustment tho. somehow they just didnt notice his rev meter.

That was due to a misshift, IIRC, and not because of Hondata.

I ran a 15.35@91.6 with i/e and Hondata and on stock tires. I'm
hoping to go back to the track soon.
fsugatorbait ran a low 15.3 or 15.2 with i/h/e and Hondata. But
he also has heavy body kit crap on his car. ;) j/p
Check out the "At the Strip" forum and look at everyone's times.

STP03BlueSI
03-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by andy
That was due to a misshift, IIRC, and not because of Hondata.

I ran a 15.35@91.6 with i/e and Hondata and on stock tires. I'm
hoping to go back to the track soon.
fsugatorbait ran a low 15.3 or 15.2 with i/h/e and Hondata. But
he also has heavy body kit crap on his car. ;) j/p
Check out the "At the Strip" forum and look at everyone's times.

Andy you goin to Tuner Bash the 19+20th? I am diein to see Hondata for my self. the only thing is I work 6days a week and the car being down for 2-3days can hurt me.:(

Chris