PDA

View Full Version : Who's not lowered and doesn't plan to be?

icegrill
03-02-2004, 12:26 AM
I think the si handles very well with stock suspension and larger rear sway. I'm just torn between getting better tires 205/55/15 for the oem rims and keeping it clean, or getting a set of eibach pro-kit springs for an improvement in the looks department. When I bought the car I wasn't going to touch the suspension because that is usually the demise to most sport car chasis. My old civic with skunk2s and tokicos was so loud from suspension noises it drove me crazy. :mad: I had to replace all types of weird items prematurely like ball joint, cv boots, blown shock etc... just because of the altered suspension. I don't want to go through that with the ep. Anyone else in this dilema? I do enjoy not having to worry about going in driveways and all that worries that go along with a lowered car, but god I miss the look :'( So in a nutshell should I just keep stock suspension and be happy with no problems? or Be unhappy with the wheel gap and sign my soul to the lowering devil? :mad:

kidXStreme
03-02-2004, 12:40 AM
you should sign your soul to the lowering devil:D the ep was meant to be dropped in my opinion that wheel gap does not give our car justice...im going to lower mine eventually..

chubbychu
03-02-2004, 12:44 AM
well, if you think it handles well now, just wait till you get better suspension. If you dont wanna be worried about replacing stuff just go for tein basic or the mugen suspension. that way everything should be prefect.

sihatch
03-02-2004, 08:47 AM
I don't have my car lowered, but I might lower it. It all depends because once I get my 18's I will find out how much I should lower my car or not lower it at all.

Burgh
03-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Ridin high on stock springs here. Just slap some good tires on and enjoy driving.

s10blazed
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
I don't plan on dropping my car. I will fill the gap with rim eventually. Once my warranty runs out I MAY change to a softer spring. I think it rides on borderline of a brick covered in cottonballs right now. Besides, I already have my speed-bump-remover:

http://www.blazinlow.com/s10blazed/newest_truck_01.jpg

Civicvtec1ps
03-02-2004, 02:23 PM
I didn't want to lower my car.
But I had to , Car looks soo ugly on stock height.

Gasp23
03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I haven't lowered yet but I plan to do so with the Mugen setup because it's a direct fit and you know that Mugen means qualiaty. I could care less for the ride adjustability, I just want it a little drop with out any giltch.

BSEVEER
03-02-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm going for a pro-kit. Hopefully it will help the handling and the looks without the problems usually associated with lowering a car too much, like clearance issues and rough ride.

AzN Si GuY
03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
I agree with Civicvtec1ps. That was my plan to but when my car was stock it had that fugly wheel gap. The EP is one of the few sporty cars with such a large wheel gap. It's hidious.

excivic98
03-03-2004, 11:30 AM
My car was lowered the day I got the car, it sat stock for only a couple of hours after I bought it.

IIx 03 EP xII
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
my car is lowered on H&R's and konis... and it rides awesome. no more bouncing around like a monster truck. the bumps are lil harder, but it is worth it when you can take a corner at over 20 miles per hour!!

one thing though, be careful if you get a body kit/lip kit... cuz i scrape my lip kit ALOT, and the sound is horrible, but my fiber images lip kit is stronger than ronnie coleman! haha (mr olympia).

klik
03-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Drop that bitch!

Gearhead Geek
03-03-2004, 02:53 PM
If you're considering the Pro-Kit, save the money and buy the Sportlines. Much nicer ride, and the wheel gap pretty much disappears, while not lowering it so much as to have to worry about every little bump and dip in the road.

BSEVEER
03-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I don't want to drop it as much as Sportlines do, a pro-kit is enough for me.:cool:

icegrill
03-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all the help, I was reading that even the prokits cause the shocks to go in about a year:'( I'm just going to keep it stock for now and save for the mugen sport or hfp suspension. I want it done right one time.