PDA

View Full Version : Should I ditch my loud exhaust?

AzN Si GuY
03-02-2004, 02:00 AM
I have a custom 2.25 midpipe welded on to a Nopi exhaust. I've had it for a while. But it doesn't look all that great because the guys who did it made the end tilt a little bit toward the ground. And to me it just looks odd although I think most people would care less.

The sound is cool and LOUD you can hear me coming from miles away. Exagerating of course, but it's loud as hell. So I'm thinking, should I slap back on my stock muffler?

It would get rid of my tilty looking exhaust, sure it would be quieter (not that's a bad thing or a good thing to me), and It'd be another step closer in building my sleeper car.

But I hear that sometimes the car can sound raspy somedays or give an annoying buzz with just a new midpipe and stock muffler, especially on cold days. Can anyone justify truth to that?

dchu
03-02-2004, 02:47 AM
I say slap the stock muffler back on. Does the piping have a resonator? I have heard it does sound raspy even with a resonator but only while warming up. That's just me though. Back in my younger days I used to be in to the intake/exhaust sound crap, but then I got a supercharger. This engine is so damn smooth all the way to redline, all you hear is engine noise which almost sounds like a supercharger. It keeps the sleeper factor...well not really because we're not all that fast.

phatfreeza
03-02-2004, 03:16 AM
go back to stock... that way cops won't be buggin you bout your loud exhaust! :D