PDA

View Full Version : Got A Question For You All

Littledragon77
03-02-2004, 09:56 AM
This might have already been posted, but Im gonna ask again.
Will the JDM TYPE-R engine with 220hp fit into our car?
How come not alot of you guys are putting these engines into your car? Is it because of price? Emissions? What?

ATRIOT
03-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Littledragon77
This might have already been posted, but Im gonna ask again.
Will the JDM TYPE-R engine with 220hp fit into our car?
How come not alot of you guys are putting these engines into your car? Is it because of price? Emissions? What?

Yeah i'd do it in a second! But i dont have $6000 lying around. Its a direct fit with only a little modification.

Peking
03-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Littledragon77

You basically answered yourself :) Price (supply, tax, etc.), emissions, and the extra stuff that you need to do to get it installed.

Littledragon77
03-02-2004, 12:33 PM
What kinds of things do you need to do to get it installed.
I can understand price, but as far as emissions goes tell me more about this subject. Because here in Oklahoma we do not have car inspections here anymore.

SoCaLep3
03-02-2004, 02:17 PM
my friends getting one put in his eg/si hatch this week, and thers a dyno thing up in riverside 40 bucks 3 runs or somthing

rs_1101
03-02-2004, 02:18 PM
alot of us live in cali, and we do have to worry about emissions and nosy cops. the biggest setback is the 6k$ pricetag. other than that.. the motor is a direct swap. youll need the motor and ecu at least, and im sure anyone here would also reccomend transmission as well.. thats about it. all the k20 blocks have the same mounting points. the thing is.. it just costs money is all.
emissions.. your screwed if a cop ever orders a smog on you. thats all there is to say about that. make friends with a smog shop owner lol.

Littledragon77
03-02-2004, 02:33 PM
www.jhpusa.com has them with everything you need for 5500,but thats without shipping.
Just thought I would share that with you all.