PDA

View Full Version : Installed an Alarm..U should see the crossbar in our cars!!

SmoothOperator
10-02-2002, 01:05 PM
So I had a CODE alarm installed yesterday. I included a glass breaking sensor and a proximity sensor. Turned out very nice, and it works with my stock, keyless entry remote. COOL!

Anyways...as it was being installed, I took a look under the carpet, right in front of the rear seats. There's this MOTHER sized cross beam that goes across there. Holy crap it's HUGE! Makes me wonder if we would really need a rear strut bar.

SLOlife
10-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Yeah you

spoon3168
12-20-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
So I had a CODE alarm installed yesterday. I included a glass breaking sensor and a proximity sensor. Turned out very nice, and it works with my stock, keyless entry remote. COOL!

Anyways...as it was being installed, I took a look under the carpet, right in front of the rear seats. There's this MOTHER sized cross beam that goes across there. Holy crap it's HUGE! Makes me wonder if we would really need a rear strut bar.
which model of code alarm u put on?? did u install the siren too?? or u just hook it up to the horn

SmoothOperator
12-20-2002, 07:56 PM
It's a CODE F30/F35 (at least that's what it says on the manual).
And I've got it hooked up to the horn. When it goes off...you'd swear someone was in the car, laying on the horn. The "honking" is very random , doesn't follow a pattern at all.
People seem to ignore the sound of car alarms these days...but this thing'll definatley attract attention.
It actually went off once when I was parked at my honda dealership (my only false alarm), and a guy I know that works there, thought there was somebody in the car being a prick. He had to get closer to realize there was nobody in it. :)

Brettnyt
12-20-2002, 08:33 PM
I would love to hook it up to a siren... i love the chirp when you lock it! (chirp CHIRP!)

-Brett

spoon3168
12-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
It's a CODE F30/F35 (at least that's what it says on the manual).
And I've got it hooked up to the horn. When it goes off...you'd swear someone was in the car, laying on the horn. The "honking" is very random , doesn't follow a pattern at all.
People seem to ignore the sound of car alarms these days...but this thing'll definatley attract attention.
It actually went off once when I was parked at my honda dealership (my only false alarm), and a guy I know that works there, thought there was somebody in the car being a prick. He had to get closer to realize there was nobody in it. :)
does ur remote look like this if it is, is the power elite 4100
http://www.decor.co.jp/codealarm/images/remote_4button_f.jpg

SmoothOperator
12-21-2002, 02:04 PM
I didn't get a remote because the guy who installed it, got it to work with the OEM keyless entry remote. Why are you so curious? Thinking of getting one?

Spidey
12-21-2002, 03:14 PM
damn, i should have done more research before getting my compustar. I would have loved to get an alarm that can be used with our existing remotes. but i'm so spoiled now with the car starter. we need them here for our edmonton winters

SmoothOperator
12-21-2002, 03:16 PM
If my car wasn't stored during the winter...i'd definately get a remote car starter too. There's nothing worse, than getting into a COLD car.

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-21-2002, 04:13 PM
SmoothOperator how do you like the alarm? I'm interested in getting an alarm for my car but don't really know wich one to get there's soo many choices.

SmoothOperator
12-21-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV
SmoothOperator how do you like the alarm? I'm interested in getting an alarm for my car but don't really know wich one to get there's soo many choices.
I really like this alarm....like I said before, only one false alarm so far. My last car had a CLIFFORD alarm, and it was constantly going off for no reason. Even when I turned the sensitivity of the proximity alarm way down.
What sold me on the CODE alarm was warranty. My dealership brings in a guy to install these alarms, and it won't void the warranty. Plus the guy that installed it, has been doing this for several years, and he knew everything about them.
I was looking at a VADAR alarm at first, with a pager warning system. He went on to tell me if anything ever happens to it, and parts are needed, it'd either be impossible or very hard to obtain pieces. So.....that in a nutshell is why i went with CODE.

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-21-2002, 04:37 PM
what dealership?? and how much??

2k2SiAutoXer
12-21-2002, 05:09 PM
hey spidet, how did you get your starter to work on our cars? Isnt it a little dangerous if you started it while it was in gear and the parking brake was not on? How was the clutch switch bypassed? Thanks
---Tom

SmoothOperator
12-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV
what dealership?? and how much??
London Honda, about $500

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-21-2002, 07:23 PM
who should I talk to in getting the alarm put in may car? anybody in perticular and does it really works with our remote??

if possibale can you give me all the info on the alarm u got so i could get one plz. :)

SmoothOperator
12-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Go to www.londonhonda.com
Get the contact info there....Ask for Chris Butters. Tell him what car you got, and that you want the same alarm that Rob G got. He knows me...He'll set you up.

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-21-2002, 07:57 PM
thanx

Spidey
12-22-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
hey spidet, how did you get your starter to work on our cars? Isnt it a little dangerous if you started it while it was in gear and the parking brake was not on? How was the clutch switch bypassed? Thanks
---Tom

With the car starter you can't leave the car in gear. I have tried leaving the car and 1st and starting it and it jumps ahead about a foot before it stalls. So you have to leave it in neutral and pull the e-brake really tight. The only bypass required was for the imobilser key. I had to give up the valet key.

william
12-22-2002, 02:35 AM
Hey spidey, i was thinking about getting the compstar too, i like the idea of the car pageing you on the remote if its being molested by some punk ass kid trying to get to your cd collection. Just a few quick questions.

1. How much you pay? and where'd you get it.

2. How come you had to give up your valet key? please
elaborate.

3. If you had to do it again, would you still go with the compstar?

Thanks man.

Spidey
01-04-2003, 06:23 PM
1)I paid $700. This guy Tony, installed it for me. I have his card and number if you wish
2)In order to bypass the imobiliser so that can you use the auto start feature you needed to sacrifice a key and hide it inside the car. using the valet key is the obvious choice since you don't even use it
3)No, I would not have gotten it. It is nice to use in the winter but our cars heat up very quick. The money could have been spent elsewhere. By the time some punk kid messes around with it and you get paged, it would already be too late.

toe knee
01-07-2003, 11:34 PM
I have autostart also. It was the first thing i got for my car. I got my Clifford Matrix RS2 Autostart for $220 from a friend at best buy. It retails at $489.99 i believe. The price might have gone down since then. My friend might have another one if you wanna make an offer.

importhonda
01-10-2003, 02:17 PM
I have a guy that can get you a Compustar installed for $550... IM me at importhonda of anyone is interested... he did mine and I love it.. I have had one on my past two cars also.

They work great, no problems.. they are a little pricey though

Tekdemon
01-19-2003, 02:40 AM
I thought there was an alternate way to bypass immobilizer where the remote start memorizes the key's signature or something then feeds that to the ECU? At least I remember reading something like that, and I don't think it needed the spare.

On the other hand these all add fun new problems(like the neutral thing, plus the whole making your car easier to steal thing if you hide the key)

toe knee
01-19-2003, 12:33 PM
You don't need to hide your key. They take your spare key and then cut the black honda part off (chip needed for auto start) and you get to keep the key. looks wierd as shit. will post pics later.

StrangeShadow
01-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Honda decided to make a more useable rear seat
roflol j/k

how do you like the proximity sensors? are they any good?an how do hey work?

most st cars, for the auto sart, ppl just leave it in neut., keeping in mind their e-brakes are strong, we just need to adjust ours and the rolling prb. goes away and we can do the same.

BUT I'm not sure how the auto start works without a key in the ignition, because of the whole code thing, someone mensioned nt needing a key and just the chip thing? can anyone explain that?

oh yeah, and why do some ppl keep using hot chicks as avatars?! keeps making me think some hot girl has joined the forum or bought an ep. lol