PDA

View Full Version : K-Style Hood or FiberImages lightweight

03CivicSi
03-02-2004, 05:26 PM
I don't know whether to go for a K-Style hood from showstoppers or a lightweight fiberimages hood. Can someone tell me the weight of each?(even if there isn't a big difference) I both think they are nice looking too, but I can't decide. take poll
oh and does the FiberImages hood price under $450? if so how much

Thanks

Si Death
03-02-2004, 06:25 PM
whats the fiberimages hood look like?

IIx 03 EP xII
03-02-2004, 06:50 PM
fiber images hoods are THE BEST... or so ive heard. i have the lip kit and it is very lightweight. go to their website and check out the tests they did with their hoods... dropping wheels on them, running over them, and they still dont break. they have a picture of a type r that got rolled and totalled, but the hood was still in one piece not cracked or anything.

03CivicSi
03-02-2004, 06:59 PM
yeah I have those vids, its sweet, but I didnt know whether to go OEM or a vent hood.. anyone got any weight measures?:)

Si Death: FiberImages is OEM Style

Peking
03-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 03CivicSi
yeah I have those vids, its sweet, but I didnt know whether to go OEM or a vent hood.. anyone got any weight measures?:)
Si Death: FiberImages is OEM Style

Don't worry to much about the weight Sam, they will be close to the same. Yet both will be lighter than stock, considering how light our hoods are to other rides. Go with the FiberImages Vented hood :)

LiLxKeNnY
03-03-2004, 08:09 AM
how much are the fiber images hoods anyways??? they are the best, but their price is unknown. shood i settle with VIS???

Peking
03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LiLxKeNnY
how much are the fiber images hoods anyways??? they are the best, but their price is unknown. shood i settle with VIS???

Check the vendor sales section, some of our vendors sell these products.

civicracer1128
03-09-2004, 08:42 AM
while VIS is ok i put one right next to my old fiberimages ek hood and i can honestly say fiberimages IS the best. problem is that they realized this as well and now they cost alot more than they did back in 00 or 01 whenever i bought mine from em. im still hoping to get my hood from em though.......maybe some vender will hook me up.