PDA

View Full Version : JRSC installed... Dynoing tomorrow at 7pm!!!

AEIs02JRSCSi
03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey I'm new to the forum... got our 02 Si Supercharged this past friday/saturday... tomorrow night gonna have 3 runs on a dyno to test the air/fuel ratio... and see how much damn horsepower we got! I'll post the slips tomorrow night and let you guy know what we got! The I-vtec is hard to dyno tho according to some articles ive found....we're shooting for 205hp and ill be satisfied... anything over and ill be a very very happy person hehe!! also have AEM CAI, dc sports header and thermal exhaust on the car.... BTW the supercharger sounds SWEET! winds up very nicely and have a nice deep sound much better then i expected... gotta love the whistling sound...:D :D

Peking
03-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by AEIs02JRSCSi
Hey I'm new to the forum... got our 02 Si Supercharged this past friday/saturday... tomorrow night gonna have 3 runs on a dyno to test the air/fuel ratio... and see how much damn horsepower we got! I'll post the slips tomorrow night and let you guy know what we got! The I-vtec is hard to dyno tho according to some articles ive found....we're shooting for 205hp and ill be satisfied... anything over and ill be a very very happy person hehe!! also have AEM CAI, dc sports header and thermal exhaust on the car.... BTW the supercharger sounds SWEET! winds up very nicely and have a nice deep sound much better then i expected... gotta love the whistling sound...:D :D

Cool mang, and welcome to the site :) Your right, there are many folks who comment on the new motors inconsistent behavior. I bet you get like 180-190 WHP, good luck. We look forward to your results.

Jon

Bificus
03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
You have a nice setup and a lot of other people wanna see what a real dyno with some bolt ons looks like.

Good Luck!

02SilverSiHB
03-02-2004, 08:48 PM
sweet! look forward to the results...so far the best is like 194whp from what I've seen

!@#$%
03-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
sweet! look forward to the results...so far the best is like 194whp from what I've seen

did you ever get the ex dyno'd with the jrsc?

02SilverSiHB
03-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
did you ever get the ex dyno'd with the jrsc?
heck no, but I doubt it was that much...even though I had 10lbs of boost, it was too much for that car....it generated so much heat it canceled out any gains possible with that much boost...imo, I'd never go over 8lbs of boost on a daily driven jrsc.
On street tires, the best I ever did was 15.1 with the jrsc on my ex..untuned...I'm pretty much hitting that right now :D

ep pilot
03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Don

hamlet9634
03-03-2004, 02:17 PM
looking forward to seeing these results..

btw, anyone know if the jackson racing "race" supercharger can be run without the test pipe (i.e. WITH the cat) and what kinda power you get that way?

02SilverSiHB
03-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hamlet9634
looking forward to seeing these results..

btw, anyone know if the jackson racing "race" supercharger can be run without the test pipe (i.e. WITH the cat) and what kinda power you get that way?
from what I was told...jr's "race" setup was with the test pipe...that was all that was done to the car, nothing else...so in a since, if you take the test pipe out, your just running a regular setup.

ep pilot...that's a damn good deal for it to be installed at that price!

ep pilot
03-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by AEIs02JRSCSi

Reading this commentary made me feel about 100% better about making the purchase, great write up. Regardless of all the controversy on the kits, I think the J/R supercharger is the most efficient, cleanest and exhilarating power enhancements one could add to the K20a3. I love speed, but I